It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: xuenchen

Uhhh pretty sure the right wants to go back to 50s white America because they can't adapt to a global world of color and mixed cultures.

No, we on the right just can't afford to pay the tab for all the left's pandering to their Kept Voter Base anymore. It isn't a racial issue in any way for us, as evidenced by the fact that the only African American, latinos, and Indian candidates in the 2016 presidential race were running under the Republican banner.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

Alt-right. Means absolutely nothing of any importance. Yet another devise meant to divide rather than unite.

My thoughts, and beliefs are my own. Some utterly useless internet meme isn't going to change them anytime soon, because the most important of them are based on bedrock principles taught to me by my parents and grandparents. I've discovered that as I grow older, my parents, bless 'em, have been proven more often right then wrong. If that's alt-right, so be it. If it's not, I'll somehow get over the disappointment.

Y'all can keep your titles, and come up with more as you please. I'll continue ignoring, or mocking, as I come across 'em.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Uhhh pretty sure the right wants to go back to 50s white America because they can't adapt to a global world of color and mixed cultures.

Pretty sure everyone out there who's breathing has an agenda, a couple of gross generalizations to illustrate:

The Muslims want everyone to be Muslim...or dead. The Globalists want a mixed race slave population and in America conveniently co-opted and funded the BLM movement which wants a race war anyway. White Nationalists want a Christian based values country and will use unchristian methods to achieve their ends while the SJW's want whatever the BLM, Muslim, LBGT and Feminists tell them to want.....so much for pragmatism as a tool to populate a dystopian world.

In the heartland those in rural populations and older American voters just want jobs and the peaceful and polite society reminiscent of the 1950's... before the Counter-culture and neo-con wars tore the country apart. Personally, I wish everyone could have grown up in the 1950's middle-class, small town America that I experienced. If you didn't then you have missed one of the best times to live and be an American, you would understand the essence of the America spirit and what we have lost.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Personally, I think the so-called "alt right" is a complete fabrication that has been created to cast a negative light on people who don't just blindly go along with the mainstream.

If you have someone who is being reasonable and sane and espousing alternative views and opinions, you'll probably never see them on TV. It's always the crazy people who say things that get people really pissed off.

The most dangerous kind of person to the establishment is someone who is calm, rational and sane and just happens to have a difference of opinion. Trump is everything the left loves. They couldn't have hoped for a better result in this election than to have Trump win and to spend the next 4 years smearing every single one of their political enemies by lumping them in with Trump.

Trump is practically a comic book character. That is why I think he's a fabrication. The contrast is just too strong. Maybe that's why the left has been pushing comic book movies lately. To prime the public for taking this absurdity at face value.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Personally, I think the so-called "alt right" is a complete fabrication that has been created to cast a negative light on people who don't just blindly go along with the mainstream.

It's not about casting people in a negative light... The term was not invented as an insult.

Please read this for yourself...

The alt-right, or alternative right, is a loose group of people with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism in the United States. White nationalist Richard Spencer coined the term in 2010 to define a movement centered on white nationalism, and has been accused of doing so to whitewash overt racism, white supremacism, and neo-Nazism. Spencer has repeatedly quoted from Nazi propaganda...

The term drew considerable media attention and controversy during the 2016 presidential election, particularly after Trump appointed Breitbart News chair Steven Bannon CEO of the Trump campaign in August. Steve Bannon referred to Breitbart News as "the platform for the alt-right."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

So you don't think the alt right, in your view, is about casting people in a negative light even though you quote and I copy paste: White nationalist Richard Spencer coined the term in 2010 to define a movement centered on white nationalism, and has been accused of doing so to whitewash overt racism, white supremacism, and neo-Nazism. Spencer has repeatedly quoted from Nazi propaganda...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

It's not about casting people in a negative light... The term was not invented as an insult.

Please read this for yourself...

Yes, yes. I know. Plausible deniability. Guess what? There are appearances and there are gut instincts. I tend to follow my nose every time.

EDIT - Oh, and BTW. I am obviously NOT denying that there's such thing as a white supremacist or whatever type of extremist that may be being discussed. Nor am I denying that such people generally tend to be on the conservative end of the spectrum.

What I am saying is that the real nuts are not the majority on the right but the right ends up getting painted that way because they end up having little choice but to vote for someone like Trump. And of course when you have someone who is your only hope, you have no choice but to stand by your vote. So who is listening if every single conservative who isn't a racist or whatever takes the time to make it clear that they are not and they voted for Trump because he was the Republican nominee?

So......

1. If you voted for Trump, you get labeled as a nazi or a woman hater or some such.

2. If you didn't want that label and therefore didn't vote, the Democrats win and you don't get anything you can live with for at least the next 4 years (probably 8).

3. If you held your nose and voted for Hillary because you thought Trump was too extreme, you are back to #2.

4. No matter what you did, if you are a conservative or anyone who disagrees with the left, you will be labeled as some kind of extremist. Even if you didn't vote and don't support Trump.

So it works. Giving the craziest people the biggest microphone ends up marginalizing the moderates and painting them all with the same brush.

edit on 8-2-2017 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
But we'll still hear all about how ATS is "just another alt-right echo chamber!" every chance they get lol.

Passive observation: This is the first major discussion thread, in a very very long time, where right leaning member accounts aren't marked with a "~".

That is saying something about ATS ... something positive.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Uhhh pretty sure that's a false narrative. Conservatism is color blind and appeals to any culture that values the individual.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have been meaning to write this thread for some time now however the challenge with a thread like this is the lack of individuals whom it is about who will own their ideological beliefs. This creates a huge difficulty because many members who have strong alt-right ideologies refuse to acknowledge them yet at the same time will make alt-right arguments. The result is a very tedious debate that is almost impossible to have because one side will not even fully admit to the far right views he or she holds. This is becoming a larger and larger phenomenon on ATS and as such I thought a thread exploring how the alt-right relates to ATS could be of interest.

Like almost all political ideologies defining the alt-right is not quite as straight forward as we would like to be however most agree that it is a far-right political ideology that believes that the political right in America has been betrayed by conventional conservatism who have become part of the ruling establishment. This ideology has been mostly attributed to rising up through online conservative activists and through some elements of the tea-party movement. The Alt-right hold what are regarded as typically far-right views such as racial and religious segregation strong avocation of second amendment rights, strong limitation of government power and with a strong conspiracy twist. This is an ideology that feels the left has taken over with political correctness and social equality and welfare. Right now the big topic within the alt-right is the belief, or the fear, that Islam is going to take over America.

The videos below offer an explanation of the Alt-right, they give a far better explanation than I can.

This second video however is far more interesting it comes from Milo Yiannopoulos, who is regarded as one of the leaders of the Atl-right. What I find interesting is how his views seem to echo that that are often found on ATS.

This same Ideology has very strong links to groups like BAIR, Solders of Odin or the EDL and other far-right white supremacist groups. This guy has also written for Britbart, who as we all know has been very closely linked to the Trump campaign with Steven Bannon also being championed as a member of the Alt-right. The appointment of Steve Bannon as Trumps special advisor indicates that the alt-right is woven into the fabric of the Trump administration.

Another thing I have noticed about the alt-right that is very applicable to ATS is the use of conspiracy theories. A prime example being Trumps birther claims against Obama or Ted Cruz’s father being implicated in the JFK assassination and claims of voter fraud and so on.

The point I am trying to make to link all of this together is that there are several ideological views such as strong anti-immigration, anti-Islamic views, small government and second amendment rights that are very prolific on ATS. These views are also very popular in the alt-right and the Trump administration. Day after day there are several threads praising Trump and the views of the alt-right furthermore threads that criticise the Alt-right and Trump are flamed.

My conclusion is that since the start of the 2016 election cycle up until now ATS has transformed from a site that mostly focused on alternative topics and conspiracies to a site that is mostly now focused on discussion of the alt-right. I am not wanting to label any individuals as “racist” rather I think that people should own their views rather than hide behind them because they believe them to be socially unacceptable.

The typical cultural marxist attack of trying to define someone or something falsely.... Here is a great thread as too why ATS has lost their collective mind.

The term "alt-right" is a self-coined label neo nazis applied to themselves. It is morons in the press and democrat propaganda artists who think that they can create fake memories and fake news tying the conservative right to the self proclaimed alt right ....

This is another hoax thread pushing left wing propaganda .....

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The right is drunk off the same chit Obama's supporters were drunk off of in 08'... they just want different things.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Godz Enigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeneGesseritWitch

So you don't think the alt right, in your view, is about casting people in a negative light even though you quote and I copy paste: White nationalist Richard Spencer coined the term in 2010 to define a movement centered on white nationalism, and has been accused of doing so to whitewash overt racism, white supremacism, and neo-Nazism. Spencer has repeatedly quoted from Nazi propaganda...

I'm sorry to the deniers, but that is what alt-right is. As much you might like to deny a definition exists, it does... No one is saying every right wing person is alt-right... but it seems a lot of right wingers want to jump in front of the alt-right bullet... You don't have to.

Alt right is what it is... and yes, Steve Bannon and Trump have strong connections to it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

What I see more than anything is that Republicans are really amped and energized to give bullsh#t arguments and to chew bullsh#t in general. Kellyanne Conway is a prime example. Classic bullsh#tter. That's their only path. Unless we all go racist and heartless and stupid, bullsh#t is their only option.

I think a lot of people on the left are just tired of that, ready to move on, and leave all this bullsh#t behind.

By the way, this post is more for people on the left, because I know the right is churning up their bullsh#t machine as we speak for a bullsh#t response.

Im guessing you dont win alot of arguments do you? Insulting the people your having a discussion with is not the way to go.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeneGesseritWitch

I'm sorry to the deniers, but that is what alt-right is. As much you might like to deny a definition exists, it does... No one is saying every right wing person is alt-right... but it seems a lot of right wingers want to jump in front of the alt-right bullet... You don't have to.

Alt right is what it is... and yes, Steve Bannon and Trump have strong connections to it.

Oh please thats like saying everyone on the left is a communist. creating groups in order to segregate is just a method of control.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

All THAT BLM want is to stop extrajudicial killings of black people. Is that really too much to ask for? The title says it all. Not all Moslems which to enslave thee world or to convert everyone. Your gross oversimplifications do not advance your agenda it just makes you look like you have never seen the facts clearly.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
All of these labels trying to marginalize people. Same old tactic.

Maybe we should get rid of the labels and all of the grey areas. Then we could identify this subject for what it is. The eternal fight between freedom or tyranny. There should be no middle ground in this very important debate.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

"All THAT BLM want is to stop extrajudicial killings of black people. Is that really too much to ask for? The title says it all. Not all Moslems which to enslave thee world or to convert everyone. Your gross oversimplifications do not advance your agenda it just makes you look like you have never seen the facts clearly."

I think I have seen the facts with total clarity, my understanding of those facts is that BLM is an anarchist construct paid for by Soros that has targeted law enforcement in retaliation for perceived injustice.

If there are peace-loving Muslims in the world, they are peaceful in spite of Mohammed and the Qur’an—not because of them. Such Muslims are the “liberals” of their faith because they do not seek to imitate their founder or follow strictly the teachings of his book....submit or die kafir. I suggest you preach for tolerance and justice to those who are less informed.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is from Alexa. Today. The ATS traffic log.....

www.alexa.com...

edit on 2/10/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Maybe we should get back to intelligent discourse.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
All of these labels trying to marginalize people. Same old tactic.

Maybe we should get rid of the labels and all of the grey areas. Then we could identify this subject for what it is. The eternal fight between freedom or tyranny. There should be no middle ground in this very important debate.

Unfortunately in the fight between freedom and tyranny many fail to recognize the basic characteristics of a tyrant.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join