It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Used to love this place, barely visit now. All I see are alt-right post, or alt-right posters destroying posts they dont agree with. This place wasn't like that years ago. Both sides have there crazies, I see myself more in the middle. I just want everyone to be able to express themselves in a manner were we don't insult/ wish violence on eachother.

I think we are all being played honestly, Trump wouldn't be president if THEY didn't want him to be.....
edit on 8-2-2017 by zzmojoezz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
"There are two 'Alt-Rights'.

One is more accurately described as the New Right. These people like to wear MAGA hats, create memes & have fun. They include whites, blacks, Asians, latinos, gays and everyone else. These are the people who helped Trump win the election.

The other faction likes to fester in dark corners of sub-reddits and obsess about Jews, racial superiority and Adolf Hitler. This is a tiny fringe minority. They had no impact on the election.

Guess which faction the media is giving all the attention to?" - Paul Joseph Watson

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: metamagic
I've pretty much given up on ATS. Originally I came here for non-mainstream topics covered, more the mysterious and paranormal tinged with discussion on things like the breakaway civilisation and more fringe conspiracy themes. However, now it seems to have become primary a political website, with most of members seeming to be die hard Trump supporters.

So I will drop in now and then to check out some of the paranormal subs but overall, not interested in American politics.

Too bad for you...the entire world is going this way.

These politics and all conspiracies are all merging into one...great moments close!!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Not calling you racist.

There's a nuance within the Alt-Right which I think is lost on most people outside of it in this era of hyperbole and choking on gnats while swallowing camels whole: WE DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK WE ARE RACISTS. There's no power behind that claim anymore because it has been overused to the point of worthlessness. This modern society lost their minds when they started hunting for racism in every statement, action, and policy. It diluted the claim down to the point where the only reasonable response to being accused of racism is a shrug of the shoulders, an audible "meh," and moving on with your business as if the claim meant as much as "nice weather we're having today, ya?"

We have a nation, families, and lifestyles to protect here... all the rest of these happy horsecrap concepts are immaterial in the face of that.

A billion stars for this post.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If you admit that you are a part of the regressive left or CTRL-left, I'll consider taking your label.

Is it any surprise millions of moderate Americans have already used.

CTRL-ALT-DELETE.

The DELETE group is at the ready...for when ctrl alt are no longer necessary.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And one more thing.

When it comes to skin color. That has absolutely nothing to do with race either.

That has to do with the distances from the equator/geographic location, and melanin production.

Those living closer to the EQ will have darker skin.

Those living further away fill have lighter.

AmIright ?

No...not one observation of being at different distances from the EQ changes skin....

Tanning is another thing....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And one more thing.

When it comes to skin color. That has absolutely nothing to do with race either.

That has to do with the distances from the equator/geographic location, and melanin production.

Those living closer to the EQ will have darker skin.

Those living further away fill have lighter.

AmIright ?

No...not one observation of being at different distances from the EQ changes skin....

Tanning is another thing....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You are absolutely astutely correct. ATS has become a Breitbart/Bannon megaphone. It is appalling. I can barely stand to log in anymore. But since I am confident that is what they want, I refuse to be browbeaten into silence.

I stand with Liz Warren, Bernie Sanders, Al Franken, Tim Kaine, and Chuck Schumer. The GOP has been poised to implode since midterms, and it is only a matter of time before the demise is complete. We WILL NOT BE SILENCED.

Bannon is a thug, and his followers are fools and/or the stupidest, ugliest, and most ignorant crowd in this country. They think they outnumber us; they do not. Alex Jones now says he is "ready to die for Trump." (Fine with me!)

Keep it up, folks. Keep it up, Trump -- you are NOT Emperor Palpatine, and the trailer-trash drunk called Bannon and his nitwit talking Barbie doll Conway will be shamed into oblivion soon enough.

Utterly disgusting, embarrassing, ignorant, and evil are the appropriate adjectives for this crowd. And they have the nerve - the gall - the temerity! to call themselves "Christians." DEPLORABLE.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Bannon is a thug, and his followers are fools and/or the stupidest, ugliest, and most ignorant crowd in this country.

Priorities amirite!?

Warren and Schumer would be an equal opposite to a Breitbart/Bannon methinks.

Also, I don't think anywhere here on ATS is an echo chamber. You will find people to argue the hue of the sky should you seek to ma'am.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

stupidest, ugliest, and most ignorant

Emperor Palpatine, and the trailer-trash drunk
nitwit talking Barbie doll

Utterly disgusting, embarrassing, ignorant, and evil

DEPLORABLE.

That's a whole buttload of names - care to add some substance? Do yourself a favor, take a deep breath, and try to listen to one of your own disillusioned people explain why you are coming apart at the seams.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Substance? Why, so you can ignore it?

I have found that providing "substance" here simply results in my being called a libtard prog, fake-news spreader, brainwashed liberal, and arrogant snob.

Why should I give you "substance"? You won't read it. If you'd like to look further into my positions, my background, the 'substance' I have to provide, click on my profile and help yourself.

Look it up.
It's all here. I am disgusted by the alt-right, and most especially by Bannon.
I gave His Mango Majesty a 'chance'. He wasted it. Bannon is the one writing his Executive Orders. Trump doesn't understand how this country works, doesn't read the orders, and actually thinks he can just "fire" anyone who disagrees with him.

"Fake news." It's the new umbrella for the defense of him, and it is preposterous.

Plus, the sources I go to use big words, and lots of them. Twitter is not a viable source, neither is Infowars, or Breitbart, but I understand that big words and long-form investigative journalism are not the Trump people's cup of tea.

Blind followers don't read. They only rant. They just go along with the nonsense memes provided by the low-life tabloids.
Sad. Very sad. But mostly, scary. The level of obtuse obstinance and refusal to see how abusive and tyrannical this new oligarchy is speaks volumes.

edit on 2/8/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You know, all of this.

Was made possible because of how #ing crazy SJW got.

It's like gamergate was the tip of the iceberg lol

y u mad?
edit on 8-2-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I hate to repeat myself, but I can't believe this hasn't been addressed.

Look at the top threads of the day on the ATS homepage!

Look at the top threads from the past 30 days!

Yet we have member after member after member discussing how ATS is just an alt right echo chamber.

How can all of these people ignore the facts?

Its reminiscent of the people on the left on campuses that attack, slander, and attempt to censor their opponents; and yet insist they are the victim.

"Yes all but one of the top threads on ATS is anti Trump! But until we have a community where all threads are anti trump, this community is victimizing us!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
'Fake news', 'Trump says mean things' are the two most overused defenses of Trump-- and every time it's used falsely. For instance:

'Fake news' = Poll numbers, facts, any data that challenge's Trump's positions or his false statements
'Trump says mean things' = Any position that hurts people or undermines institutions. Suggestions of banning Muslims, mass deportation, torture, murdering the families of terrorists, falsely stating mainstream media is fake news to undermine trust in the press, using statements like "so-called judge" to undermine the trust in our judicial system.

Last, I might add 'Soros' as a defense for any significant protest that would otherwise indicate a mass number of people rejecting Trump's ideas. That wasn't a million women-- it was Soros!

So just to re-cap.... facts = 'fake news'; abuse of power = 'mean things'; mass protests = 'Soros'.

That's how you stay a Trump supporter with your head firmly in the sand.

edit on 8-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yet we have member after member after member discussing how ATS is just an alt right echo chamber.

Its reminiscent of the people on the left on campuses that attack, slander, and attempt to censor their opponents; and yet insist they are the victim.

"Yes all but one of the top threads on ATS is anti Trump! But until we have a community where all threads are anti trump, this community is victimizing us!!!!!

Now to be fair I have already responded to you on this matter

Ok I am surprised how "well" this thread has done however I think that the reason it has so many replies is because so many people have been wanting to debate the topic. Also I do not think that flags always indicate agreement.
edit on 8-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yep... and look at the defenses within those threads.... fake news, mean things, soros.

Anyway, I agree with others here who feel the quality of ATS is no longer what it was. We have the craziest most unstable president ever and his supporters act like the criticisms of Trump are baseless.

And it comes on the heels of threads of people claiming Hillary coughed up a reptilian egg, has parkinsons, and pizza = pedo ring. Detached.

Seriously, you seem pretty intelligent, I don't know why you associate yourself with such a crazy crowd.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: underpass61

Substance? Why, so you can ignore it?

Reviewed, considered, and rejected is not the same as ignored. Yelling the same thing only louder and with more vitriol doesn't suddenly make it right.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Yep... and look at the defenses within those threads.... fake news, mean things, soros.

Anyway, I agree with others here who feel the quality of ATS is no longer what it was. We have the craziest most unstable president ever and his supporters act like the criticisms of Trump are baseless.

And it comes on the heels of threads of people claiming Hillary coughed up a reptilian egg, has parkinsons, and pizza = pedo ring. Detached.

Seriously, you seem pretty intelligent, I don't know why you associate yourself with such a crazy crowd.

Because there is no crowd that isn't crazy. You are kidding yourself if you don't think the attacks against Trump on this site by many people can be just as crazy as the defense of him.

And the claims that many people are making is that ATS is almost completely alt right types, yet the facts show the exact opposite, that threads and arguments that attack Trump are far more successful. And you say Trump defenders are detached.

For everyone of those hillary threads you mention there were just as crazy trump threads, about him being a rapist and pedo, about him being controlled by russians, about him being a relative of John titor.

My advice, stop whining about what people you disagree with say and just focus on their arguments.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now to be fair I have already responded to you on this matter

Ok I am surprised how "well" this thread has done however I think that the reason it has so many replies is because so many people have been wanting to debate the topic. Also I do not think that flags always indicate agreement.

But you have not responded to the fat that almost all of the top threads are always anti trump threads.

Your claim was that ATS is becoming overrun with alt right types. Where is the proof of that? I see facts that show the opposite. At best, how can you ignore the fact that there are a healthy number of posters who are not alt right, I would say the evidence is that this crowd overwhelms the alt right types.

You say flags aren't important, then what measure are you using? responses? Well anti Trump threads get more.

Stars? Anti Trump posts tend to get more. Are you just upset that anyone is defending Trump?

I just don't see how claiming there are to many people from one group helps further any arguments.

For example, I could make an exact duplicate thread of yours right now, except claiming there are to many anti trumpers on this site. Unlike your thread, I would be able to cite evidence of how almost all of the most popular threads on ATS are anti trump.

Would this thread be a worthwhile one? I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join