It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Good job of trying to raise this discussion to a higher level, I signal my warning earlier on but was poo poohed to death, I had said back then

I know I am not imagining this but he have ATL Right and KKK in is camp am asking again what did they love about this guy.

Now with news about his admin dropping White Supremacist group from the list of who is a terrorist..keep in mind Brannon is his chief strategist who is now managing defense matters at the white house, yet this will ring no alarms for diehards,

Well this is news to me. I put nothing past him. Some of the people that voted for him are the worst end of the Tea party.

BTW the media has always gone easy on domestic bombers and terrorists who were WHITE!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What is alt right ?

A new political neologism that was created because I guess calling right wingers neo nazis,white supremacists got old.

But it is these groups themselves that use this phrase. Nazis have such a bad reputation that they have to sugar coat their philosophy with euphemism like "white nationalist."

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Alt right is simply a term made up by democrats and relayed through Hillary to demonize anyone to the right of John McCain. Nothing more. Nothing less.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Then why is my first exposure to either of these terms is from democrats during a highly charged election year?a reply to: DJW001

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I think "white nationalist" was coined by someone in the FBI. I'd be interested in the truth on this....the only reference to etymology that I find is a reference in Merriam Webster about it being first coined in 1970.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Make another thread about how radical it is to wear pink pussy ears on your head and pink whatever costumes on your face and scream about how evil it is that Trump won't let them kill their unborn at will. Because that's what it boils down to. I don't remember women screaming that and protesting when Bill was caught with what's her face in the Oval Office. As a side note...I've never heard of Bair and those other groups you're talking about.
edit on 7-2-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

As a side note...I've never heard of Bair and those other groups you're talking about.

Look them up, they are quite shocking but also quite interesting.

I would not be surprised if several of their members are also on ATS

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What is alt right ?

A new political neologism that was created because I guess calling right wingers neo nazis,white supremacists got old.

But it is these groups themselves that use this phrase. Nazis have such a bad reputation that they have to sugar coat their philosophy with euphemism like "white nationalist."
Let it inthus is a silly ploy to
Make a connection between people who don't want a totalitarian nightmare under bush/Clinton/Obama clan and extremists. It's a false narrative. I
Mean really???? If you stand up
For the unborn your Neo Nazi from bair? I've never even heard of these groups

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Being an advocate of the 2nd Amendment is a "far right belief" now?

Weird how advocating for an individual's rights is a far right belief. I wonder when that happened.

It happened even before this little group of liberals became alt left thugs, seizing on the pathos of various
black ops to declare war on the Constitution.

m.youtube.com...

The pretty little thing with the raven hair recently called for an armed, military coup,
against the 45th president of the United States.

These people belong on a list.

The Do Not Watch list.
As they said...'it's time'.

# 667
edit on 7-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Many bottles of wine were finished by dawn, when she crawled into bed with magic Alex, and made love to John's best friend.

edit on 7-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Cynthia sys Alex praxticed black magoc and hypnotized her into bed. Probably she was just drunk.

edit on 7-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Alternating between love and hate was always what it was like with John from the very start.

edit on 7-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: She was nineteen years nineteen years old, he was eighteen and a freshman, and in just one year everyone in the school knew what a rotton egg he was.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Your opening statement makes clear your motives and, to any thinking person, discredits your hollow attempts to assure to the contrary at the end. You're basically saying you don't want to argue against alt-right arguments, because that's hard for you, you would rather call the individual an alt-right loony and be done with it (how dare they deny you this satisfaction by not owning their view! But then, how are they arguing it if they're not owning it?).

The individual behind the views doesn't matter. You're job in debating them is to debate their ideas. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said: "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people"
edit on 7-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Being an advocate of the 2nd Amendment is a "far right belief" now?

Ridiculing me in that other thread about dudes right to open carry into a police station and then defending the second amendment...

...priceless

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have been meaning to write this thread for some time now however the challenge with a thread like this is the lack of individuals whom it is about who will own their ideological beliefs. This creates a huge difficulty because many members who have strong alt-right ideologies refuse to acknowledge them yet at the same time will make alt-right arguments.

I see what you did there... very clever. Can I play too?

Are you still beating your puppy dog??? Still stealing candy from babies???

I am not wanting to label you or anyone as “puppy dog beater” or "baby candy stealer;" rather I think that people should own their views rather than hide behind them because they believe them to be socially unacceptable. And me and my friends agree that you must beat your puppy dog and steal candy from babies, so will you own this??? We know because, well, the left supports Black Lives Matter, and Mike Vick is Black and he abused puppy dogs, so you must abuse them too.... and if you abuse puppy dogs then you must also steal candy from babies. What's that you say? You don't even own a puppy dog? Well, me and my friends agree that you beat your puppy dog, so you must own one. That's how it works, right? The consensus is always right... right???

Of course not. Just as both your premise and your logic are faulty, and therefore so are your conclusions, so too is "my" premise and logic faulty, and therefore so is "my" conclusion. You and whoever can agree on whatever you like, but it doesn't make it true.

If you had done your homework (and actually cared about the truth), you would know -- not "agree" but actually know -- that the original small "a" and small "r" alternative right referred to the many many folks who lost trust in the Republican party and its establishment elite. The big "A" and "R" Alternative Right was the attempt by a self-proclaimed White Nationalist, Richard Spencer, to hijack the name/movement for his own purposes. (And I'll bet he just loves all the help the left is giving him!) So while it might be correct to say that all White Nationalists are part of the alternative right, it is incorrect to say that all on the alternative right are part of the Alternative Right.

The alternative right includes those who describe themselves as fiscally conservative/socially liberal, often called the small "l" libertarians. And, of course, some include the big "L" Libertarians in that group. It would also include those Christians who don't care about color or race, but only religion. Let's not forget the self-annointed "true" conservatives that hold the RINOs in such contempt. And while you may not make such a distinction, most of those that you call "anti-immigrant" are actually anti-ILLEGAL immigrant.... much like those you call "anti-Islamic" are actually "anti-radical Islamic terrorism"...

But hey! You really raked in the stars and flags for this dog-whistle-echo-chamber-on-steroids thread. Good job!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Are you still beating your puppy dog??? Still stealing candy from babies???

No I have moved on, full upgrade, now i am just spending my free time writing about how Trump is a Racist in-between sacrificing goats to the dark loard and drinking the blood of virgins

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Really and how do you know who voted for him? What exactly is the worst end of tea Party ? I guess you would choose radical fems screaming with pink stuff on their faces. Yep I see the handwriting perfectly.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Edit: Cuz I found what I was looking for.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What is alt right ?

Alt-right is just what it sounds like...Alternative Right Wing..

Specifically, it incorporates a culture of trolling and provocation. Memes and fake news.

Folks like Milo, begin with the premise that it is OK to be mean, it is OK to say anything...They bundle this thinking under freedom of speech and what they claim is a needed reactionary force to political correctness.

That means they troll people in the media, on twitter and in speeches...They fearlessly use racist language and compete to see who can be more offensive (triggering), deny the holocaust, gang up on people on twitter and elsewhere, call women bitches, make misogynist comments, deride African Americans, Jews etc..

They employ troll armies...saying brutal things online..saying and doing those things..in the name of free speech...The claim that they are protecting it by reminding people that you can say anything..

But obviously that builds a house that affords plenty of room for full on White Supremacists and White Nationalists..

When an Alt-Right troll on twitter uses the N-Word...People have a hard time sorting out if they did it to be "provocative" ...as a protest to Political Correctness. Or if they are actually a White Supremacist..

That is the intentional smokescreen of the Alt-Right...Claim they are simply demonstrating/protesting against political correctness when they say full on offensive, racist garbage..

No doubt some are simply railing against PC, but a large chunk are full on racists, you just have to examine someones full history to confirm.

2nd part...
(1) Alt right fully believes that truth is only useful when it is advantageous...Lies work just as well and sometimes better.
On Reddit and other forums I saw alt-right folks brag about lies/fake news they constructed and blasted out via twitter and social media in support of Trump. They compete for who can come up with the most ugly BS that sells and gets widely disseminated.

(2) The Alt-Right (Milo has even give a full talk on this) understands people are VISUAL creatures. Memes..One page graphics with a provocative lie will be easily consumed by people...more so than an article that is true and calls out the lie.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

In psychiatry, the term neologism is used to describe the use of words that have meaning only to the person who uses them,independent of their common meaning.[7] This tendency is considered normal in children, but in adults can be a symptom of psychopathy[8] or a thought disorder (indicative of a psychotic mental illness, such as schizophrenia

www.gutenberg.us...

Like most PN's they are used as perjoratives.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Elaborate.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

To the left everyone is an alt right that does not agree with them and not a Neocon.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
ATS definitely has turned into a right-wing echo chamber, almost every thread is about Trump or his administration and with the same people slapping each other on the back in every single one while simultaneously putting an entire demographic down and talking about them as if they are less than human.

Not to say there aren't liberals who do the same here but they don't even come close to the right's numbers. It has only gotten more and more obvious over time as well, as the right wingers dominate the boards the more left wingers that will leave, or anyone who just isn't interested in political bickering (which is basically what this forum has turned into). It's only a matter of time before this is a pro-Trump site through and through and I'm not so sure it wasn't intentional.
edit on 2/7/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join