It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Right, which is why you can find any liberal, Democrat, left-wing protest and find plenty of hammer and sickle Flags.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttentionGrabber
a reply to: DBCowboy

It would be even better if we would all be different like we are now, but honest.

Who's not honest?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ill own it, I consider myself alt-right.
I didnt see one issue with anything either of those videos said and in fact Milo in almost every speech he makes addresses all these points and explains what they actually mean and why us alt-righters are against it.

Im not racist or sexist, I have many Muslim friends as I lived in a Muslim country for 6 years, I despise nazis and bigots as well as anarchists and hippies.

I dont really see the alt right as being a political leaning but rather a call for a return to common sense.
What some extremists from the left are trying to do is force an unrealistic utopia down our throats, I agree that a borderless world where everyone is prosperous and free do as they like and travel where they want should be the end goal of humanity but we are not there yet.

The really funny thing is Im actually a lefty

Im so left I even hate guns

The alt right is a temporary coalition between all those to the right of the super dooper bat shyte crazy far left so its going to have a very diverse base and some of those people will be bad. Yes we share some beliefs with nazis, we also share some beliefs with academics.
Ive never really heard anyone say whats wrong with being alt right, Ive heard all the labels but never an explanation of why the label applies.

How does being concerned about immigration and a persons willingness and ability to assimilate and contribute to my society make me racist?
Feminism has gone too far, its no longer about bringing women up its now about bringing men down.
Political correctness is BS, something is correct or it isnt, facts are facts and just because they present an unpleasant narrative that may hurt feelings doesnt make them any less factual. Call a spade a spade.

Unlike Milo I do think the Alt-Right will go away soon, I think enough people are getting sick of the Ctrl-Left that there will be a backlash and these people will be forced underground again, when all the PC BS nonsense is no longer the main narrative the Alt right will be redundant and dissolve quietly, I reckon 5-6 years tops

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

People who are not sincere.

I was not refering to you, sorry about that.
edit on 2/6/2017 by AttentionGrabber because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Excellent post. But, you saw it coming. People picking apart the tiniest detail. They will not own up to it.

We're learning from the "best", the mainstream media !!!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

I think those are the real racists these days.
Especially since it doesn't even make sense.

It is actually mainstream because I see guys blaming "the white man" for just about everything on a daily basis. I mean in real life, people I run into like at a restaurant or whatever.

One guy told me that my grandfather killed all the Indians and that the black people are still enslaved.
Ironic part is that this guy was unemployed.

I even see white people say it, that's how messed up this liberal belief system has become. It's centered on one thing only "racism!". They play that card just about every single time in any situation now.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Yeah, I took that test. I trend to the right and on the border between libertarian/authoritarian, but I usually fall on the libertarian side.

I guess that means I eat babies or something.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, I took that test. I trend to the right and on the border between libertarian/authoritarian, but I usually fall on the libertarian side.

I always wondered what your avatar was about.
Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have been meaning to write this thread for some time now however the challenge with a thread like this is the lack of individuals whom it is about who will own their ideological beliefs. This creates a huge difficulty because many members who have strong alt-right ideologies refuse to acknowledge them yet at the same time will make alt-right arguments. The result is a very tedious[ debate that is almost impossible to have because one side will not even fully admit to the far right views he or she holds.

=== > massive [ snip ] < =====

My conclusion is that since the start of the 2016 election cycle up until now ATS has transformed from a site that mostly focused on alternative topics and conspiracies to a site that is mostly now focused on discussion of the alt-right. I am not wanting to label any individuals as “racist” rather I think that people should own their views rather than hide behind them because they believe them to be socially unacceptable.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: ketsuko

I always wondered what your avatar was about.
Thanks for clearing that up

Who? Him?

I think he's just mad because that wasn't a fart.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Own up to what exactly?

A made up title?

Another label being thrown around for no other reason than to further divide and spread hate?

Th OP's description and "definition" of the "alt-right" is ambiguous and is just another way for folks on the left to label and disenfranchise anyone who doesn't think like them.

I'm an Independent, and going by his post, I'd be "alt-right" along with 3/4 of the people I know.

Give me a break.

I reject such lines of thinking. It's what got us into this divisive mess we're in.

edit on 6-2-2017 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI

What you claim to be "alt-right" is actually the original middle. The left has moved so far left that the middle is just very very far away, giving the illusion the middle is far right.

That being said. You should get away from all these labels, trying to generalize and pigeon hole people into what you think you are against. Look at people as individuals and listen to what they say and look at what they do and you will realize, very few fit neatly into your little categories.

I agree and have said this too. From your lips to God's ears..... The crazy people couldn't get away with this without the media support for the lies that push an obvious unscrupulous agenda.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The problem is people might gravitate to one issue so strongly that is overrides everything else, so for example if a person 100% agrees with Trump on immigration, but not so much on gun control or the supreme court or even health care, but immigration is there primary focus, are they alt-right ?
We need to stop grouping people and let them choose how they feel about topics, from our perspective they might be wrong or right. Then again everybody has a nose and an opinion, doesn't mean ours is the best or correct, no matter how intelligently we defend our position and attack the other side.

I will say this, I have seen the war with the media since 2007, Trump is right on that, by mixing truth with lies for decades, the propaganda is very strong. But I had to laugh at Trump when he said all bad polls are "fake news".

Crazy Times.

edit on 6-2-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Alt-left, alt-right. The memes don't care.

Trump and Brexit were but the start of the largest social change since the industrial revolution. They have proven that an individual armed with nothing more than a twitter account and a rare pepe can literally change the world. What we have done has validated hundreds of millions GenXer's who are too old to be narcissistically radicalised by social media but still young enough that the internet has been a permanent part of their lives.

Lets be fair, we - as in ATSer's - have been asking for years when the masses will wake up. Well, they just did.

2016 - The Year of the Great Kek Awakening.

edit on 6-2-2017 by ALSGoes4th because: (no reason given)

link   
2nd.

link   
3rd.

link   

So the far left admits it but the alt right does not? Trying to put people in thee categories seems to be part of the problem. I for instance have some beliefs that fall in line with the alt right however also have beliefs that fall to the far left. I also would denounce many beliefs of both sides. As people try to demonize the left or right it also makes it less likely for anyone to identify with either.

Conservative, progressive, liberal, left, right, republican, democrat, libertarian.....ect. There are so many categories and definitions may not help either. I am going to go back because I think I am not getting your main argument or point correctly.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As another member pointed out, the alt-right is a term promoted by the Clinton campaign and the liberal media as a way to brand and demonize conservatives without using outlandish labels like Nazi and white supremacist, which isn't working anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Reading the OP it seems im "alt-right". Except Im not racist or bigoted. Does it still count?

I want to fit in this new box so badly

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I guess then everyone in the left advocates radical left-wing ideologies. The same ideologies calling for the death of whites, police officers and anyone, even minorities who disagrees with radical left-wing ideology.

Since you, and many "alt-left, or radical left-wing ideologues" want to claim that conservative values = racial segregation, and all the BS you just spouted then the same could be said of the left. Right?

It's just ridiculous that you want to claim that people with conservative values "have strong links to white supremacists", which is nothing but BULLS#IT...

Sure there are radicals in the right, but is not a majority and it's not even a large percentage of people who lean to the right.

I have asked this in another thread, could you show us the Tea Party "demonstrations" that turned into rioting like the left has been doing?...

Could you show us the right-wing news media promoting violence and the assassination of ex-President Obama like CNN has done, and several prominent democrats, and progressives who have called for the assassination of President Trump?

BTW, what do you have to say about ex-President Obama himself promoting and backing BLM? BLM is a far left-wing radical group which has called for the death of police officers, and whites alongside promoting violence against anyone who doesn't support their racist, and extremist views on several occasions. Ex-President Obama, alongside prominent democrats and progressives have supported and backed violent groups like BLM.

edit on 6-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join