It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RHCP (Red hot chilli peppers) The Getaway - Still rockin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Red hot chilli peppers being one of my favourite bands and finding no mention of the new album on ATS means I'm making a thread!

My favourites so far:

Amazing base at the end

I listened to these guys since the 90's and they're still making good music

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
RHCP has been a favorite of mine ever since their first album. They remain relevant and damn good still. They have gained a crap-ton of new followers recently now that they are touring with Babymetal, My old addiction with my new addiction. thats one hell of a show to see.

RHCP will probably be around for another decade still due to their not just embracing new and odd things while remaining true to their core, but its basically a celebration of things that maybe dont fit in perfectly. They are the nuances of the human psyche on stage.

I could be overthinking it..could just be they make damn good music and thats all that matters

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That would be a killer combination!!

I saw them last tour. New guitarist, what a decent, mellow, thankful, dude! And he crushed it all night! They covered old and new stuff (Subway to Venus?!?! Wha?!). My hats off to him for keeping the high water mark set by John Frusciante.

I will buy the new album sight unheard. Heck even the one with Dave Navarro has its moments. So kind of a fan...

Thanks OP for the heads up on RHCP!!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
They did Subway to Venus?!

That song takes me back. Mother's Milk is a legendary album.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Thank you for mentioning the new album. I did not know it was out. There was a time when I felt like the Peppers had sold out, but I really like this new music. It seems more mature, but I guess that happens with age.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Babymetal... yeah, I'm guilty. I might have to get tickets to that show...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yeah! And Johnny Kick a Hole in the Sky!! Nobody saw that coming! May as well done Behind The Sun for all the crowd cared! I was the only one in my area that knew both songs!

Snow was killer live! Prolly my fav of the show. Josh Kliknghoffer... that's the dude's name. Great guitarist.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

Babymetal... yeah, I'm guilty. I might have to get tickets to that show...

Sadly I missed what I would consider one of my dream shows. Babymetal opened for Metallica just recently in Korea

Everyone wants to get on the BM bandwagon

new topics

top topics

join