It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Espirito Santo Brazil real life Purge as Police on Strike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Espirito Santo=Holy Ghost
2 Thessalonians 2 6-8

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: everyone

You make an excellent point. It is undoubtedly an extremely dangerous job.

It was, however, an intentional comment: I had to admit that I would never want to police broken societies like Brazil, Mexico, etc because to do otherwise would be disingenuous.

People can be sooo depraved; I honestly don't understand the mentality of murders, takers, etc and hope I never do.

Then i apologise for thinking you did not intend it in that way my friend. I think a certain level of "police state" is what any stable country needs. Just enough to make most people weary enough and think 2 times or more before they go out guns blazing or go on a robbing spree. But fo rthat of course you need a well "fed" and in general respected police force. Braziles police force is as poor as most people that they are supposed to protect. I also don't think i would want to be a police officer in brazil if i can't even feed my dog due to my low wage and there is a lot of corruption because of that. Just think about it. How long has this been going on already over there. I, like those officers over there also do not see any other option anymore for them other then to go on a full strike.

Trying to solve this as passively as they have done by simply proposing raises and improvements did not help for a whole 40 years so why would they try it in that manner for another 40 years which in the end would only lead to more casualties on both sides.

Something drastic was needed that would get the attention and in the end the support for their police force from the entire country. "You don't know what you got till its gone" never seemed more applicable then here. The people may right now be pointing the finger at the police for the strike but if their government will not concede that finger will by and large be pointing at them sooner then later i think and that is exactly what needs to happen in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Excellent post, thank you. I know how to direct my prayers now.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Strike goes on, situation escalating... Now there are talks that strike may reach Rio de Janeiro State. (Yes, there's a RJ state as well as city).
Just to clarify once more, Espirito Santo is a State, not a city.

I notice some posts blaming poverty for this mess, but it has nothing to do with that. It's actually about impunity and strict gun control policies. Nothing more.
The Justice System in Brazil is a joke on every single level. Imagine a country where only 5% of homicides (with over 60k homicides/year officially) are ever solved: that's Brazil.

edit on 11-2-2017 by Xango because: Info input

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I thought Temer was the good pro-EU guy ... Why is the EU plotting to get rid of him now?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The rural area that I grew up in in the US had 435 square miles of area patrolled by only one State trooper at a time. People didn't act like that there.

And likely everyone knew that there were about 435 rifles or shotguns pointed at them at any given time, if they decided to make the wrong move.

Even the dogs in my area know when there is a car that passes that is not normally in the area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join