It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prospect Park (New Jersey) Mayor Mohamed Khairullah Wins Kudos for Sanctuary City Exec Order

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Mohamed Khairullah is a mayor who immigrated the the US in 1991. He signed an exec order that no one will use official means to remove immigrants.
In this simpleton's mind this is a value and law that is aligned with the for real laws and values. Fire him.

Mohamed Khairullah, signed a mayor executive order that declared the Passaic County borough is a sanctuary for (illegal) immigrants.

Watch for the political stock of Mohamed Khairullah, the Syrian-born Mayor of Prospect Park, to rise in Democratic circles after he signed an executive order on Friday that declared the Passaic County borough of 5,865 a sanctuary for immigrants.

Hailing from Aleppo, which has become synonymous with the worst violence of the long Syrian civil war and has thus created tens of thousands of refugees, Khairullah immigrated to the United States in 1991, was elected Councilman in 2001, and has been the Mayor since 2006.
observer.com...

Mohamed's order states no dept, committee, agency, commission, officer or employee will use funds to enforce the Federal immigration law. Some how him being an immigrant makes him think that by his executive order laws and values will be uphelp. His words, but this fool fails to realize is the exact opposite is true.

According to the order, “No department, committee, agency, commission, officer or employee of the Borough of Prospect Park shall use any Borough funds or resources to assist in the enforcement of Federal Immigration Law.”

Khairullah directly refers to his own past in explaining why he signed the order: “It is important to me as a person who came to the U.S as an immigrant, that we uphold our laws and values,” he said Saturday, according to NJ.com. “The U.S is the land of opportunity and dreams for many people all over the world.”

edit on 6-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Fine, pull all federal funds. Let them break the law with their own money.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

we need an "executive order" banning future "executive orders". there are to many

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hmmm...

One wonders how it can be that this man is so monstrous as to fail to heed the will of Mr Trump! I mean, surely the people in his locality must be dreadful, just awful people to elect a man who would fail to fall in line. For shame....

*sarcasm off*

Of course he is opposing it. I would expect people to start acting against these actions, developing workarounds, or just straight blocking the moves when Trump makes them. Unfortunately, this was always going to be the shape of things, once it became apparent that the universe was not kidding, when it permitted Trump to place his rump upon the commode that is the Presidency.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well I sure hope people are paying attention to those hacks like that Mayor.

I sure hope the RIGHT is paying attention here.

Because the ACA doesn't have to be repealed.

Every city,town,STATE across the country just has to create their own EO making every place a 'Sanctuary' from Federal LAW.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Another elected official that needs replaced. This is one reason foreigners should not be able to hold any public office

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Doesn't federal law Trump state law?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No department, committee, agency, commission, officer or employee of the Borough of Prospect Park shall use any Borough funds or resources to assist in the enforcement of Federal Immigration Law

Why should any city, county or state be required to use local funds to enforce federal law?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If the people of his city know this, and don't complain, let them receive all immigrants with open arms.

President Trump should make the Mayor sign off on a "I know what I'm doing!" document.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No department, committee, agency, commission, officer or employee of the Borough of Prospect Park shall use any Borough funds or resources to assist in the enforcement of Federal Immigration Law

Why should any city, county or state be required to use local funds to enforce federal law?

ok then,
States should be allowed to ban abortions.
And disregard EEO laws.
And refuse to follow all of the other federal laws that are an expense to governments and companies.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: neo96

Doesn't federal law Trump state law?

Well that depends on which party has the presidency.

When it was the one that gave us the ACA and gun control. Federal LAW is supreme.

When the other side is in charge. Federal Law don't matter.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

We'll see how this plays out in the courts. I predict this issue will go all the way to the Supreme Court.

The way I understand it, the Federal Government has basically "deputized" state and local municipalities and law enforcement agencies to do the job of ICE and Homeland Security, tapping their resources without compensation, under Obama's Secure Communities and administrative immigration policies

The program has come under controversy, however, for misrepresenting who is being picked up and what is expected of law enforcement partners. Secure Communities was created administratively, not by congressional mandate, and to date, no regulations have been promulgated to govern the program’s implementation.

Cities and counties have been bucking these policies since Obama's administration first installed them, and the administration was slowly tweaking them as problems came up. Now, the Trump administration is basically extorting local municipalities, telling them if they don't spend their own money, prosecuting and housing undocumented immigrants, then the Federal Government will withhold federal funding. Not fair!

Hopefully, lawyers and politicians can get together and tweak the funding problem and can fix the program before it (needlessly) goes to SCOTUS.

edit on 6-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I see that Prospect Park only has 6,000 residents, so it probably don't get much Federal Money. Since New Jersey's governor is Chris Christy, there are probably ways that he can punish this defiant little Mayor for going against Federal Law?

What's concerning is that Prospect Park is only 1/2 hour from Manhattan. You wouldn't want it to become a staging area for launching NYC terror attacks.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Usually federal and state law are aligned. And when you have an exec order to allow illegal aliens special rights, it smells bad.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We can't choose what laws we choose to follow and what laws we don't.

imagine the mess? Especially laws that are set up for good reason.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am sure they can make up for it by removing the state requirements to comply with other federal laws that are not under federal power per the Constitution.
That is one of the things Trump wants to do - decrease federal power over states.

However there are a few things that ARE specified in the Constitution as being under Federal control - for a good reason.
This includes immigration, naturalization and national security.

The states DO NOT have the power to make up their own immigration laws.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Usually federal and state law are aligned.

And, therein lies the problem of the Secure Communities program.

And when you have an exec order to allow illegal aliens special rights, it smells bad.

There is no executive order requiring local municipalities to pay with their local tax funds for the enforcement of federal laws. And, if I'm mistaken and Trump Jan 25th EO does require local municipalities to cough up their funding to enforce federal law, a court action should be expected.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I am sure they can make up for it by removing the state requirements to comply with other federal laws that are not under federal power per the Constitution.

Well, that's what has to happen, some kind cohesive plan, and not the Federal Government just willy nilly forcing local communities to figure out how to bear federal fiscal responsibilities with local tax dollars.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Sorry but that would be illegal. The tenth amendment keeps the government and it's new wannabe dictator from forcing states to do what it wants by withholding federal funds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join