It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter lights up with #FreeMelania after a new photo emerges during the Super Bowl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

President Donald Trump gathered members of his administration and family in a ballroom at his Mar-a-Lago golf club to watch the championship game on Sunday.

The first lady appeared to be disinterested in the game as she sat alongside Trump during the viewing in one photo snapped during the event, which immediately set Twitter users on fire with speculation about what was motivated her facial expression.

Twitter lights up with #FreeMelania after a new photo of first lady Melania Trump emerges during the Super Bowl

I don't recall an unhappy marriage in the White House in my lifetime. Some may say that the Clintons must have had problems if Bill was cheating on Hillary, but that's not always how it works.

For instance, in the video below I think it's clear that Hillary Clinton adores Bill.

www.youtube.com...

My question is what kind of effect an unhappy first family could have on the United States. It's bound to have ripple effects in the age of social media.

If the issue gets enough attention, President Trump may even tweet on the topic. I can see the tweet now...

#FreeMelania is not necessary because I have brought freedom back to America.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Dear Twidiots:

Newsflash: Some women don't like football.

Sheesh. Get a life. (not you OP)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I am no fan of trump. Me think she's been cheating! Banging other men! He knows!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hahahahahaha

Every guy knows that look!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm a woman. The only reason I watch the Super Bowl is for the advertisements. If I had to be there in person, I'd probably bring a book... She probably was bored silly. Also, no one - even the First Lady - can be "on" every minute of the day. If she had stayed home in her pj's and fuzzy slippers, Twitter would've erupted that there is trouble in the WH. No win situation.

Oh, and the ads were "meh" too.
edit on 2/6/2017 by Lolliek because: Had more to say!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

People have off days, and hers are now a world event. I remember seeing Michell looking very very unhappy. But she was not married to Trump I suppose.

Although she is used to the lime light, being a model. She does look bored, and some, maybe most?, women don't super like football.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

A woman was disinterested during football?? GASP!!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So what, shes a looker...

Love that glance Bill gave to Hillary. Like he could feel her laser stare burning into the side of his skull...

Edit: At @ :40

...any guess what word she mouths as she looks away from him?
edit on 6-2-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

All I can say is people need to get a life already.

Or better yet... She should have a permanent smile surgically done since that's what is expected from the lefties.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

President Donald Trump gathered members of his administration and family in a ballroom at his Mar-a-Lago golf club to watch the championship game on Sunday.

The first lady appeared to be disinterested in the game as she sat alongside Trump during the viewing in one photo snapped during the event, which immediately set Twitter users on fire with speculation about what was motivated her facial expression.

Twitter lights up with #FreeMelania after a new photo of first lady Melania Trump emerges during the Super Bowl

I don't recall an unhappy marriage in the White House in my lifetime. Some may say that the Clintons must have had problems if Bill was cheating on Hillary, but that's not always how it works.

For instance, in the video below I think it's clear that Hillary Clinton adores Bill.

www.youtube.com...

My question is what kind of effect an unhappy first family could have on the United States. It's bound to have ripple effects in the age of social media.

If the issue gets enough attention, President Trump may even tweet on the topic. I can see the tweet now...

#FreeMelania is not necessary because I have brought freedom back to America.

Threads like these make ATS look like cheap tabloid rag tbh.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So, your title suggests a picture of Melania, and I get a video of Bill and Hillary...... ok. I'm with "Everyone". Tabloid at best.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We can all do a lot of speculating about whitehouse marriages over facial expressions and I remember the interview with Michelle and Barrack in the Blue Room by Oprah.

The Obama's seemed like a regular married couple with her rolling her eyes at him and his answer,when Oprah asked who gave the best birthday present . Also because of other " rumours".. and Michelles facial expressions there were rumours that Michelle was not a happy camper, yet their marriage seems to be as strong as ever.. but then again Michelle is a strong woman and I personally think Barrack knows not to cross certain lines with her.

Melania is no Michelle, but I really don't think we can assume a very unhappy marriage because of a few facial expressions or even words.

How many marriages do we know of where the couple is clearly in love, but still shoot each other questionable glances or even have heated disagreements in private and in front of friends. Sometimes these are the best marriages because they feel secure enough in the relationship to be passionately honest.

Moral of post... don't judge any marriage by a few situations.. because the best of marriages and relationships have had them.🤔
edit on 6-2-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2017 by Sheye because: Dyslexic typing

edit on 6-2-2017 by Sheye because: I am terrible at spelling .. do I still get a voice ?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

a reply to: Doodle19815

This forum was created for threads exactly like this.

If you are into celebrities this is the place for you. The People Forum is the place on the Above Network for news and discussion regarding the famous and infamous.

Before starting a new thread on the People Forum please keep these things in mind:

1. The People Forum’s description on the board home page reads like this, “Discussion Topics About Individuals Both Famous and Infamous.”
In other words this forum is for the discussion of celebrities. Any celebrity news, gossip, rumors or chit-chat belongs here.

Welcome to the Off-Topic People Forum.

The reason I wrote the original post in this thread the way I did is because I hoped this thread would be a discussion of what effect an unhappy first family could have on the United States. I think that's an interesting angle to this story.

Beyond that, I find it fascinating that people would have such a strong reaction to a picture of a woman looking unhappy at a Super Bowl party. I would think that would be fairly ordinary. I thought that aspect of this situation was so obvious that it wasn't worth mentioning.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hypocrites, where were they with their "Free Bill" chants while he was shacked up with old witch Hillary? Imagine being stuck with her for this long?????

And I know bill ain't no Saint...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

I am no fan of trump. Me think she's been cheating! Banging other men! He knows!

Good lord, I hope she is. Poor thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

"#freemelania" is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek type of thing. You can tell by the light humor of those Tweets that abuse wasn't being inferred. They mostly seem to be commenting about how miserable she is on Soup-or-Bowl Sunday.

I see no outrage, no accusations. At least, not as a consensus.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Agreed, it just looks like a bit of light-hearted fun.
edit on -06:00am22228America/ChicagoMon, 06 Feb 2017 10:22:41 -060036 by Painterz because: Typo

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Dear Twidiots:

Newsflash: Some women don't like football.

Sheesh. Get a life. (not you OP)

You should not disclude the OP from what you said.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think #FreeMelania was more serious in its original incarnation. I just found out there is #SaveMelania as well. The following article has an explanation.

#FreeMelania

a reply to: Reverbs

Since I don't want this thread to go off-topic, we can continue to discuss what you just mentioned in the thread linked below.

What is the People forum for?
edit on 6-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

"#freemelania" is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek type of thing. You can tell by the light humor of those Tweets that abuse wasn't being inferred. They mostly seem to be commenting about how miserable she is on Soup-or-Bowl Sunday.

I see no outrage, no accusations. At least, not as a consensus.

I noticed the superbowl was on I was randomly at a bar.. Then I looked away..
I used to like sports. Now it's like shoot me in the head..

It's like masturbation for the human need to overcome obstacles. Instead of actually doing the deed which would be winning in life, knocking out the controllers.. you have your fake wins and losses.. entertained and satiated..

Maybe that's why I find it dreadfully boring these days?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join