It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert: The war of words between Washington and Tehran could easily become shooting war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

originally posted by: Ohanka

By projection of power. Iran's only ability to effectively operate in other countries is to support various groups. They have no ability to invade militarily and Iran would be hard pressed to logistically support any such incursions.

I doubt the US would occupy Iran; most likely the scenario would be very similar to Gulf War 1. The military gutted.

Openly, the citizenry MUST seem to support the regime; if not they face multiple consequences. Once the regime is brought down to its knees the populace would arise.

Russia, I suppose, would see the money making side of this and help them to re-arm and re-build.

mg

Arise in support of their most hated enemies? Unlikely.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
America is in the business of war. We have a military industrial complex that basically controls the government. All they have to do is pull another 911, point the finger at Iran, cue the patriotic music, tell the media to get all red, white and blue, it will be Iraq all over again. Or Afghanistan, or Nam...

If the neocons want war, we get war; Trump has no say in the matter.

edit on 6-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Iran would be, we prob would have to use nukes.

Bold statement. I disagree.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Arise in support of their most hated enemies? Unlikely.

If you read through history, we are not the people of that country's most hated enemies and quite the contrary.

mg

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think,,, if we ever went to war with Iran, this idea of having a pullout strategy and leaving behind some peace keeping force or established regime for some sort of calm and peace for rebuilding isn't going to be a consideration. I don't believe we even wanted one for Iraq on both accounts. I'm of the opinion we would just do an insane amount of air strikes and purposely crush as much infrastructure as possible and establish another power vacuum to let the other surrounding countries to fight in.

Just my own thoughts but I don't think it was ever about "control and conquer" as the desired form of winning. I think chaos was always the planned desired effect.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Once again, I think we have all been played by the establishment. Its just back to the Bush Era again. Bush 3.0
Have we all noticed since Trump got in, that he has shown his strongest support for Israel. Israel want Iran blown back to the stone age. And as for Saudi. Well this one makes me real sick. Before the election, Trump was all against Saudi. Now he is in as POTUS. And all the evil doers are back on the hit list again. Saudi will be the king maker again in the middle east.
Its going to be very interesting the next few weeks, With what does Putin do next.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Obama Is Not President Anymore , President Trump is Not Going to let Iran have a Nuclear Arsenal or ICBM's that could Reach Beyond the Middle East .

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You mean the war of words that has been virtually non-stop since the overthrow of the Shah? That war of words?

The same shooting war that "experts" have been predicting for the past few decades? That shooting war?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join