It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yet another one of my favorite songs
To whom it may concern:

Can you take me Higher?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Still one of the songs that tends to almost always occupy a space on my temp playlists at night before I go to sleep.

Even if you hated Creed, you cannot deny that they produced a few gems and as well, were pretty influential.

edit on 6/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I hate Creed. I don't consider any of their songs gems. Who have they influenced?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Playing a Creed is good for a laugh once every 10 years or so..

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jokei
I hate Creed. I don't consider any of their songs gems. Who have they influenced?

Let's remember that musical taste is highly subjective. What you might consider gem-worthy I am may not, and vice versa. Nevertheless, I do remember many local bands covering their songs during and after the years of Creed's commercially successful years.

Commercial success might not equal critical acclaim, but it's significant to note that Creed did sell over 25 million records in the USA alone and over 50 million worldwide...most sales of which occurred during a period where file-sharing of music was rife.

edit on 6/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Let's remember that musical taste is highly subjective. What you might consider gem-worthy I am may not, and vice versa. Nevertheless, I do remember many local bands covering their songs during and after the years of Creed's commercially successful years.

Commercial success might not equal critical acclaim, but it's significant to note that Creed did sell over 25 million records in the USA alone and over 50 million worldwide...most sales of which occurred during a period where file-sharing of music was rife.

Totally, but I don't consider anything they produced "gems" - refutation of your comment about not denying...
Influence on local bands, fortunately not encountered that, sorry - thought you meant "proper" bands (with record deals). It's "easy" music lots of people buying it doesn't make it any more (or less) meritorious. Lots of people eat fast food and smoke cigarettes...
I did like the bit when the singer went meltdown.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Totally, but I don't consider anything they produced "gems" - refutation of your comment about not denying...
Influence on local bands, fortunately not encountered that, sorry - thought you meant "proper" bands (with record deals). It's "easy" music lots of people buying it doesn't make it any more (or less) meritorious. Lots of people eat fast food and smoke cigarettes...
I did like the bit when the singer went meltdown.

It's unfortunate you chose to nitpick my words for no apparent reason.

"Proper" bands? "Easy" music? When you have sold over 50 million records and have other bands covering your songs, maybe then as a musician your opinion will carry more weight.

Your analogy sucks. Most people that eat fast food do so because it is affordable and convenient. Most people that smoke have a nicotine addiction. Neither example correlates well with deciding which music you wish to purchase.

You liked seeing somebody have a meltdown?

Envy is an ugly trait...

new topics

top topics

join