It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrongly Demonized - Promoters of Goodness & Freedom - Knights Templar, Freemasonry, & Illuminati

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In my opinion this represents Lucifer to me. Anything to block the lIght and power of mankind and it's upliftment. But it's time to take back our light and freedom.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Sahabi

I hoped you enjoyed Heiser's Reversing Hermon .It kind of puts the whole of the Bible in perspective .Prior to his latest it was about the unseen realm .He has a 5 part lecture on YT dealing with that aspect that really helps embed it into our minds so it can give more resolution to the picture while reading the Bible . [Pt.1] UNSEEN REALM SEMINAR w/ Dr. Michael S. Heiser: Supernatural Worldview of the O.T. www.youtube.com... I have the book on the unseen realm and there is a portion of his website that is devoted to it www.moreunseenrealm.com... He has weekly podcasts that are good and blogs as well the main site is drmsh.com... peace

I sure enjoyed it very much! Lots of things he touched on has me anxious to look into his "Unseen Realm" material. His 3-fold fall from grace is a new interpretation for me: (Eden, Flood, & Babel). I also enjoy his use of etymology on key points, his cross-reference of differing source material, and his comparative religious points that consider the greater picture and atmosphere of the entire Fertile Crescent. I'm a fan!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jca2012

I respect your opinion

[15/19] IX. Light

If we look to the Bible in its original Hebrew and Greek, we find that there is no Lucifer (Light-Bearer) who is a Satan (Adversary/Opposer).

In the Bible, literally; the only Bright Morning Star (Lucifer) is Jesus, the only Light is that of God and Jesus, and the Light-Bearers (Lucifer) are the followers/children of God.

This thread is not promoting a Devilish-Lucifer, a Luciferian-Lucifer, nor an archetypal Promethean-Lucifer. We are discussing mistranslations and misconceptions to gain a better opinion of Light.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

originally posted by: artistpoet
In a world beset by many problems such as tyranny and other abuses of power
There have always been those who's vision is for the advancement of Humanity towards a brighter future

In the days of the Bavarian Illuminati - Such abuses of power by state and church were self evident
Now this does not mean that all in power are corrupted by self interest
Nor does it mean that the Illuminati and Masonary is exempt of Human failings and flaws

What it does mean is that principles for behaviour are set down to be followed
Each individual is free to interpret such principles... In respect of how they apply them in their own life's and inter actions with others

Deeper study reveals that there are Natural/Universal Laws at play in the world
The principles laid down by the Illuminati and Masonary concur with such laws ... and reveal a Higher purpose for the betterment of all

These principles are foundations to build upon...

Nicely said, and I agree

In my day-to-day interactions with people, I feel that there is more good in mankind than wickedness. It mostly just sits idle and dormant, but the goodness is definitely there. The media has been campaigning the world-view that society and the world at large is inundated with evil and wickedness. A subtle propaganda of helplessness, fear, worry, and sorrow.

There are many positive aspects and qualities within mankind and the rest of the world, and I say three cheers for peace, love, and utopia!

edit on 2/16/17 by Sahabi because: ONE

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well I think I'd better head over to the church of Scientology and see about a membership

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaff19

Hiya Jaff19. It seems like you're new here, so I have no reference to what you're trying to imply.

Can you please explain what Scientology has to do with this thread?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

originally posted by: crayzeed
Ah, Freemasonry. Is that the hidden knowledge that is alluded to. Yes it's true Masons do uplift one person at a time, that does affect family, community etc. As long as that person is a Mason. And that being done is where they do control and suppress others.
Answer me just one question "if the Freemasons wish to uplift and enlighten mankind, why do they have to be a separate organisation, why not become a councilor, an MP or teacher openly, these are the ways to help not with a secret club that hides in the shadows and works in the shadows"?
And before you say "they are open and have nothing to hide" how come they keep their membership secret? The amount of secret dealings between Masons to get out of things is well known (I know and you know that) but you'll want proof or you'll say you wont believe it and you know I nor no-one else can give you that proof because they are in powerful positions that can cover tracks. meh, you believe what you want to believe.

Answer me just one question "if the Freemasons wish to uplift and enlighten mankind, why do they have to be a separate organisation, why not become a councilor, an MP or teacher openly, these are the ways to help not with a secret club that hides in the shadows and works in the shadows"?

There are councilors, MPs, teachers, doctors, clergy, environmentalists, humanitarians, and philanthropists that are open Freemasons. Freemasons are not confined to the Lodges, they are employed in just about all career domains.

As mentioned in posts 8, 9, and 10 of the OP, many prominent figures of the Enlightenment, Scientific Revolution, and Age of Revolution can be counted as Freemasons.

Freemasons helped to spread knowledge and science through their help founding the; "Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge".

Freemasons helped to spread Freedom, Liberty, and Justice through their help in founding the original government of the United States of America, which revolutionized politics by structuring the separation of governmental powers, separation of church and state, and granting average people certain unalienable and civil rights.

how come they keep their membership secret?

Some Freemasons wish to keep their membership secret, however, membership is not intrinsically secret:

A Few Famous Freemasons

Famous Freemasons (A-L)

Famous Freemasons (M-Z)

Grand Masters of the United Grand Lodge of England

General Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons

General Grand Council of Cryptic Masons

The Grand Encampment of Knights Templar of the United States of America

Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction of the United States of America

Scottish Rite Northern Jurisdiction of the United States of America

The Supreme Council for Thirty-Third and Last Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite for Scotland and the Dominions and Dependencies of the British Crown

Succession of Members of the Supreme Council

Succession of Sovereign Grand Commanders

Officers of Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Virginia

Officers of the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of the State of New York

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Maryland

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Ohio

Officers of the Grand Lodge of New Hampshire

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Connecticut

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Rhode Island

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania

Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Delaware

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Addendum:
VIII. Order of Illuminati Post 13/19

(1155-1191 CE/AD)

We also find such "Illuminati" phraseology with Islamic mystic; Shahab al-Din Yahya ibn Habash Suhrawardi. In the 12th Century, he founded the philosophy of; "Hikmat al-Ishraq" (Illuminism), and was known as "Sheikh al-Israq" (Master of Illumination).

Shahab al-Din drew upon Ancient Wisdom from Zoroastrian and Platonic teachings. He envisioned existence as a Divine emanation of Light, stretching forth from the Absolute and singular Source of Light. Shahab al-Din propagated a mystical path of Divine Illumination, seeking unity with the Divine in the present moment.

edit on 3/1/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Shahab al-Din drew upon Ancient Wisdom from Zoroastrian and Platonic teachings.
Correct me if I am wrong but Zoroastrian has 2 versions or a split in ancient times and additional writings added in AD time .It has been years sense I read anything on them and I am not even sure where the stuff I read came from ...peace

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Just as with all religions, Zoroastrianism has branched-off into many sects, schools of thought, and cultural systems throughout the years. There have been many revisionist and newly inspired Zoroastrian texts, most notably, between the 8th and 10th Centuries.

Perhaps, Shahab al-Din was influenced and inspired by this "Zoroastrian Renaissance".

edit on 3/1/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I'll see your Yorkie and raise ya a Scottie! (Pun definitely intended)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I had only asked because of the historical significance the groups main doctrine ...Some have suggested that the first split dove tailed away from the main purpose (think the Magi) of NT times ... On another note have you heard anything on the book of Gad ...? I stumbled on to it a few days ago and am a bit curious what you might have to say ....peace

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I wish I could comment, but this is new to me. Do you have a link to the Book?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This guy has looked into it but he is not the only one Short history starts when a group of Jews from the northern kingdom fled to Yemen from the Assyrian invasion .They went from Yemen to India

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thank you, Sahabi, for a fascinating read. I enjoyed it so much that I will re-read it again. You have given me much to think about and to research even further.

You've also brought to mind a quote I enjoy:

"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding." ~Leonardo da Vinci

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I actually joined the michigan masons in 2013

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Leanansidhe

Wonderful quote! Thank you for the interest and kind words. The op is loaded with jumping-off points to delve into further research. If there are any tangents stemming from the op that you'd like to discuss, let's dig on in

a reply to: MichiganHighland

I hope that you gain much from your experiences!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Brice Taylor
Cathy O`Brien

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Bro. Excellent thread. It's about time someone laid it out. Particularly regarding the Templars. One of my ancestors was Scottish royalty and a Templar and I have always been fascinated with the order. You're totally right about the Illuminati, as well. Thank you for posting this. I still need to click on links to learn more about a few people that I didn't know about. I see myself coming back to this thread frequently. Clearly, you are on the square. Welcome, brother.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join