It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ongoing Saga of ACA-ObamaCare Repeal and Replace.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Saturday, April 1, 2017

I don't think this was an "April Fools" joke. Vice President Mike Pence says that ObamaCare Repeal-Replace will happen before Tax Reform.

Story: www.washingtonexaminer.com...#!

Fingers Crossed that he's serious about this.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
He needs to do something for the people, not just corp and the rich. If he were smart he would try to pass Medicare for all in 2018. Maybe there will be more democrats for him to work with then.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

If President Trump heads in the direction that I think he's headed..we can have what I call the Health Trifecta in place before 2018. Health Trifecta = Medicare-Medicaid-FreeMarket available to everyone under age 65.

Since ALL 3 of these systems already exist, it's just a matter of a few tweaks to existing laws, and then give everyone a choice of which path they'd like to take.

President Trump is a WINNER. He will not allow millions of people to be hurt on 1.1.2018, because no insurance companies want to play the ObamaScrew game next year. After ANTHEM indicated that it wants out, at the end of this year, we're now faced with the "death spiral" almost down to the CRASH and BURN.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
April 2, 2017

More proof that ACTION will occur, sooner rather than later. And Democrats will have the opportunity to help fix our broken healthcare system, for the benefit of ALL Americans.

President Trump says..

"“The failing @nytimes finally gets it - ‘In places where no insurance company offers plans, there will be no way for ObamaCare customers to … use subsidies to buy health plans.’ In other words, Ocare is dead. Good things will happen, however, either with Republicans or Dems,” Trump said in a pair of tweets.""

Source -- thehill.com...
edit on 4/2/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You are talking to a mom whose daughter life was saved by obamacare, so no regrets. She has not had any trouble with doctors for payment of bills. But, she lives in a great state. If it is in a death spiral, that is because of republican governors. We will never cross the divide on that issue. I agree with everything else you said.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You do realize obamacare isn't insurance itself right? It does allow for the expansion of Medicaid but it's up to the states and then on to the hospitals to support it. If it isn't supported it is because the aforementioned are too greedy and more concerned about profits to support Medicaid expansion. Quick hint for you most of those states are republican.

Obamacare already had high risk pools or corridors as they called it but guess which lovely republican got rid of those a few years back? ....if you didn't google it already Marco Rubio led that charge. Now of course they want to put those back and be the hero's that fix what they broke in the first place.

A couple things they should change is the age limit to 23. So more younger healthier will be paying for coverage. Which will offset all the sick people and result in lower costs.
The 2nd would be Having a longer sign-up window which would help get more people signed up as I'm sure many are still recovering financially from Christmas. Extending the window into June or getting removed completely will boost participation.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Paul comes to the rescue.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Paul comes to the rescue.

www.foxnews.com...

The "rekindled" efforts at repeal-replace had better move quickly. Instead of a massive collapse, ObamaCare is dying city-by-city. Announced today that Knoxville, Tennessee will have ZERO health insurers available after 12/31/2017..the end of THIS year.

Story: money.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I think GOP will let Obamacare die a slow and painful death as punishment for Nancy Pelosi saying back in 2009 pass it to find out what's in it.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Can get that $175,000 major surgery right after enrolling.

Perhaps you could center your questions on why any major surgery should cost $175,000.00.

Think about it for a minute!

That is the cost of a house in some areas.

The problem with the US health care is these stupid costs for operations, tests and pills.

Control those costs and the insurance companies huge profits and you may get there.

P

It's the cost of MULTIPLE houses in my area. $175,000 would by 3 or even 4 older houses, or a very big brand-new house + an older one, or a whole freakin apartment building. (Currently in the process of buying...an apartment building...myself. An old but well-maintained and sound 4-plex...for $85,000. Not $185,000, but plain old $85,000. It's underpriced, but should appraise for about $105,000.) So yeah, the big question is why the heck does this # cost so much.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: pheonix358

Can get that $175,000 major surgery right after enrolling.

Perhaps you could center your questions on why any major surgery should cost $175,000.00.

Think about it for a minute!

That is the cost of a house in some areas.

The problem with the US health care is these stupid costs for operations, tests and pills.

Control those costs and the insurance companies huge profits and you may get there.

P

It's the cost of MULTIPLE houses in my area. $175,000 would by 3 or even 4 older houses, or a very big brand-new house + an older one, or a whole freakin apartment building. (Currently in the process of buying...an apartment building...myself. An old but well-maintained and sound 4-plex...for $85,000. Not $185,000, but plain old $85,000. It's underpriced, but should appraise for about $105,000.) So yeah, the big question is why the heck does this # cost so much.

If you remove wealthy insurance companies from the equation, and the government (or the patient) tells medical providers, "You get $85,000 for this surgery...not $175,000. Take it or leave it", what will the doctor do?

You COULD end up with a doctor who just started practicing, and is willing to take $85,000 to "hone his/her skills".

Or, maybe doctors will be willing to take a 40% to 60% cut in pay, for the good of the country...or something noble like that.

What do you think???

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
April 12, 2017

It's looking like repealing ObamaCare and the $1.76 Trillion dollars in taxes that the CBO says will be collected over 10 years, is critical to lowering everyone's Federal Taxes each year. Therefore, Tax Reform will NOT be tackled until after ObamaCare is repealed-replaced, according to President Trump:

""During an exclusive interview on FOX Business, President Donald Trump said he wants to tackle health care before tax reform.

“I have to do healthcare first, I want to do it first to really do it right,” Trump told Maria Bartiromo.
Although tax reform is critical to economic growth and businesses large and small, the president said “hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars” would be saved on reforming the health care, which would help with tax reform.

“We’re saving tremendous amounts of money on health care when we get this done, number one, and most importantly … we’re going to have great healthcare, and all of that savings goes into the tax,” Trump said. “If you don’t do that you can’t put any of the savings into the tax cuts and the tax reform.”

Gary Cohn, director of the White House National Economic Council, told FOX Business on Friday that tax reform would be finished within the year, echoing the messaging from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin who said he hoped to complete tax reform by August.""

Source: www.foxbusiness.com...

----------------------------

Also, President Trump is not going to leave ObamaCare repeal-replace in the hands of the Republicans again. During an interview with the Wall Street Journal today, he said that if the Democrats don't voluntarily work with him on a replacement, he will force them to work with him... since the ObamaCare disaster is their creation.

Full Story: www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This makes me angry...and why we know congress doesn't have our best interests at heart. It doesn't matter whether they are democrats or Republicans. Even back in Bill Clinton's Presidency, Hillary made headlines working on improving healthcare. Obama got elected twice on the pillar of healthcare reform. We've always known we need it.

Millions of people go without or die or don't get the best care or go bankrupt or get so far into debt it's almost impossible to get out of it. We know this. Democrats have had 8 years to repair it and Republicans have had 8 years to replace it and...we get nothing. LOL

The real question is why are do we keep voting for Democrats and Republicans? Only an idiot would vote for anyone in any of those two parties. I just called you out. My concience is clean. I voted third party.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Also, President Trump is not going to leave ObamaCare repeal-replace in the hands of the Republicans again. During an interview with the Wall Street Journal today, he said that if the Democrats don't voluntarily work with him on a replacement, he will force them to work with him... since the ObamaCare disaster is their creation.

Full Story: www.cnn.com...

He never learns, does he? The US President literally doesn't have the power to force the Legislative Branch to do anything. Lashing out at his own base for not repealing the ACA and then threatening Democrats to repeal it is only going to solidify opposition against him.

How long is it going to take for him to realize the Constitution's separation of powers guarantees that each federal branch has to compromise w/the others in order to get anything done?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

If President Trump directs HHS (Thomas Price) to implement the Federal Judge's ruling, that the Federal Subsidies for lowering Deductibles (for those under 250% of the FPL) are illegal, ObamaCare will crash and burn at the end of this year.

www.politico.com...

This is one of the negotiating tools that President Trump has in his arsenal for getting enough Democrat House members to join hands with reasonable Republican House members, to repeal-replace ObamaCare.

It's an interesting game of "chess" and "chicken" combined.

edit on 4/12/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The President is now saying that if Democrats don't include $1.5 billion for "Trump Wall" in the budget that's being put together this week, he will shut-off the ObamaCare subsidies that lower income earners receive. Democrat leaders are (so far) giving Trump "the bird" in response to his threat.

Source: www.reuters.com...

Unfortunately and Ironically, a huge number of Trump supporters-voters will not be able to afford to pay their medical bills if he makes good on this treat.

I don't think they appreciate their President using them as bargaining leverage.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's interesting that conservative MSM guy GEORGE WILL is predicting that ObamaCare will become Single-Payer, because so many of Trump supporters would be hurt by ObamaCare imploding for 2018.

""George Will realized that America's health care reality means that not only is Obamacare unrepealable but that we are on our way to a single-payer system. He seemed resigned to the fact that the failed market-based health care system he wants to retain is likely dying a slow qualified death.

"Barack Obama said as a candidate that he would prefer a single-payer plan but couldn't get there," George Will said. "As President when they were going through the Obamacare agonies, he said, look upon Obamacare as a starter home. What does Donald Trump say? 'Single-payer works fine in Scotland.'

So I don't see any particular animus he has as you say against a single-payer plan. And, what we've learned in this debate about repealing Obamacare is that the essence of Obamacare is the expansion of Medicaid. Who has benefited from that? Probably disproportionately white working-class males, Trump voters."

I have been saying that Obamacare was designed to be a stepping stone to single-payer health care for years. It is clear that it is the only solution.""

Source: www.dailykos.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The only viable route to success for Trump here is to either fix Obamacare or convert it to single-payer (which is technically still fixing it). The longer he keeps the "repeal and replace" train going the worse off this debacle will be for him. Trump just doesn't realize he is playing with fire here. The Healthcare issue caused Obama to lose a supermajority and may have ultimately help usher in the Trump Presidency. So Trump, if he was smart (HA!), should know to tread carefully here.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Exactly. Either he has no clue how Congress and the "separation of powers" works or he's just acting tough against Democrats to keep his own base happy. Because this tactic of basically using low income Americans as hostages in order to get his Wall is simply going to backfire each time.

Even if there were Democrats who wanted to work with him on his Wall, they couldn't do it under public threats like this or else it would hurt them with their own constituents.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It appears tonight that Chuck Schumer's unwillingness to include funds for starting construction of Trump Wall, will now bring about an even quicker end to ObamaCare.

President Trump is terminating the subsidies that Insurance Companies receive to keep out-of-pocket costs low for lower income Americans who buy ObamaCare health insurance. (About 70% of all enrollees)

Source: www.businessinsider.com...

I think this will be the final straw that breaks Obamacare's back. Medicare-for-all, combined with Free Market would quickly fill the gap. Make both available, and let each American choose which one he/she wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join