It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Forest Of Dean Deliberately Infested With Feral Pigs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Send in Wolf's. then big cats.
let people hut with Rifles! set land mines.

But I bet they cut down the trees!
they will say they have TB next.
they do it now with other animals.
bangers. but they stay in a territory. pigs dont.
and Yes with the pigs it could be a big problem.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I think you aught to be more careful around wild pigs. In the right circumstances they can kill you.

As long as you don't try to corner them or mess with the piglets it's fine. There have been 2 occasions on which one charged in my direction only to run by within a few yards, this was because I walked in on them by accident.

But they're not that big here.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Put a bounty on them

Hunters would have to register before they hunt and bring back proof on kill

Put some unemployed people to work

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh no, it's just came to me why they are allowing it to happen. When it gets right out of hand you'll accept any method. That's when they'll dress up in red coats, ride horses and have a pack of dogs to chase them down. Ooops, I mean cull them. Wouldn't want to kill them all as that would stop the continued pleasure. If you don't let them do it they will have to kill all the dogs and horses and 100s of jobs will be lost.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I would guess that there are some good recipes for wild boar. Seems the solution is to allow them to be hunted.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
Seen some stuff in the press over the last year or so about reintroducing lynx into Britain. Should reduce the wild pig pop.

I've seen British wild pigs kill good sized dogs, a Lynx would last 5 seconds.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

You make it sound like some kind of NWO conspiracy.

These pigs have always been there, it's just that their numbers have increased in recent years, as have the number of people going into those areas.

Most of what you are reading has been blown out of proportion because British people simply aren't used to dealing with this kind of animal. Most of Britain's large mammals are domesticated, nocturnal, or are confined to private estates. So they aren't used to taking the same precautions that people in rural or wooded America have to take every day.

Most British people don't have to worry about racoons eating our of their trash, let alone bears. So wild pigs come as a shock to them.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join