It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Enter This Thread Unless You Have a Tissue On Hand! Very Sweet Story of Friendship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So glad you stopped in to learn more about a very sweet little friendship! This story comes to us straight from the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. In it we can find that friendship is not a human construct, that certain animals, too, seek out pleasurable company simply for company's sake. Tarra and Bella are inseperable friends, as you will see from the video. They share meals, sleeping quarters, play together when feeling lighthearted, and comfort each other in the hard times.

The catch? Well Tarra is an elephant (as you may have guessed) and Bella is a dog. They make quite a pair! So grab those tissues cause you're gonna need them.

They were just so sweet together. If only our friendships could be so simple.

You're probably going to be uspet that I waited until now to say that Bella has since gone to doggie heaven. Staff at the sanctuary believe she was attacked by coyotes and killed, and then carried nearly a mile by her friend Tarra. The love remains, surely, as elephants have such very long memories.

Something very odd to me at the end of the video I linked- the newscaster mentioned that Tarra had recently become very protective of Bella. Could it be she had some presentiment of Bella's tragic future?

edit on 6-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful story! Animals are just amazing!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you kindly Night Star! I thought it was amazing too.
edit on 6-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Nature makes for some odd bedfellows at times . Pretty brave coyotes with Tarra in the vicinity .

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Pretty brave coyotes with Tarra in the vicinity .

Agreed! I know it's the law of nature and all but can't help but hope she gave them a few parting shots.

top topics

join