It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a way to lose $3 million: Historic meltdown in overtime of Super Bowl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Anyone remember this thread?

Trust a Vegas Pro, The Atlanta Falcons Are Smart Money To Win Super Bowl 51

"Vegas Dave" was so close. The Falcons had a 25-point lead in the Super Bowl. They melted down like no other team in history. He did make $2 million because the Falcons won the NFC championship.

There was a report this week of a $1 million bet on the Falcons to cover the point spread.

Super Bowl 2017: Somebody put a $1 million bet on the Falcons to cover

That one was even more heartbreaking because if the Falcons would have lost by three, the bettor would have got their bet amount returned.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
That was the most rigged Superbowl game that I ever saw..... Vegas Dave was screwed haha....

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

The Two party's finally overtly incorporated "Football" into their social engineering schemes?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What a great game it was to watch ( TV ). Well I sure enjoyed it anyways, 4 am here at home and time to dream..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's rigged.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Isn't this thing they here call "football" sacrilege for UK'ers to watch?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I tried googling the Super Bowl Over Time Rules and couldn't find anything conclusive.. probably since this is the first time per the announcers. But didn't it seem like it was called very quickly and without a review?

edit on 5-2-2017 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

In overtime, all plays are reviewed from the booth. It was ruled on the field as a TD and was not questioned by anyone upstairs, thus game over.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
That was the most rigged Superbowl game that I ever saw..... Vegas Dave was screwed haha....

What's your evidence for that statement?

The rigging can be bad. In the first example in the video below a team is given five downs to try to tie. They end up miraculously covering the point spread by a half on a bad snap on the game-tying extra point.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
More evidence of Trump being a time traveler.

"@delonte3ast: Tom Brady is about to win the next 5 Super Bowls and visit @realdonaldtrump in the White House." Very cool! 10:17 PM - 11 May 2015 from Manhattan, NY

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 5-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well yeah I get that but I've seen much more blatant calls reviewed. Just seemed too quick is all. Might've been all the beer too tho..
I miss all the wild conspiracy discussion that I originally joined this site for I guess

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Oh sure, it was over quick, but like I said the call would have had to come from upstairs and since it was ruled a TD, it stands.

The real conspiracy could be in the game itself. Many of those flying around.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The conspiracy is how y'all suckered into watching it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Hmmm, I'm with you that it was all done rather quickly. They only showed one replay of trying to see where the ball was when his knee went down. It appeared to me his knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line. I would have liked to see that a couple more times actually, of course by then all celebration had broken lose. The couple shots I did see it didn't seem the ball itself ever crossed the line before the knee was down.

Yes I was hoping for a Falcon win, and I'm really not being a sore loser. My opinion was you really couldn't ask for a better historical Super Bowl game. Definitely one for the books and will be long remembered. Also after spending the last 15 years of my life in Rhode Island, I was happy to see Brady get his record as well.

So I'm not taking anything away from them and giving credit where credit is due, but I would have really liked to see that last play replayed a couple more times so that it wasn't stuck in the back of my head now always wondering.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Such a dumb video, I'm sorry..that's not even counting the over-dramatic music and spelling errors.

Even when the house stands to lose money, it doesn't lose. The house wins so much over time that even a big loss isn't a loss at all, just a small setback in the grander scheme of money-making.

Same with winning, when you have a big win, chances are you put more into it over a lifetime so that your payout doesn't cover the losses.

Sports being rigged? Possible, but I don't think so. I've watched enough sports to know that athletes make mistakes, referees make bad calls, and that any surprise can happen along the way. Nothing changes, except pride, when certain teams win or lose.

That's kinda why they're fun to watch!

Sports isn't really something that needs to be rigged.

edit on 5-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What football do you play? I thought the Brits played soccer LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Where have I seen something like this before?

That's right. The last time the media experts underestimated patriots.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I scrutinized the F# out of this game. One of the best all time period. If it was rigged, it was done well, and without the owners knowledge.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why Americans call it soccer

Soccer is for sissys, rugby is cool though.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Bill Maher: so anti-Trump, he’s now a Falcons fan

Source

Trump wins again!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join