It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California State Senate Leader: ‘Half My Family’ Here Illegally

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

State Sen. Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) allegedly maneuvered a deal between two senate colleagues that resulted in a $25,000 payoff for a blood relative of one of them, and amended workers comp legislation that eventually helped the owner of a Long Beach hospital indulge in what the FBI is calling “large-scale health care fraud.”

patch.com...

Are we supposed to be surprised?

Criminals like to Criminal.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Senator Kevin de León Named in FBI Affidavit Alleging Corruption

State Sen. Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) allegedly maneuvered a deal between two senate colleagues that resulted in a $25,000 payoff for a blood relative of one of them, and amended workers comp legislation that eventually helped the owner of a Long Beach hospital indulge in what the FBI is calling “large-scale health care fraud.”

In a 125-page FBI affidavit posted online on Wednesday by the cable news network Al Jazeera America, de León’s name appears prominently—and as many as 47 times—in two of three stings that federal undercover investigators launched against state Sen. Ron Calderon, a longtime friend of de León whose Sacramento office was raided by FBI agents in June as part of an investigation into his finances.

In exchange for Calderon’s cooperation, the FBI affidavit alleges, de León arranged for $25,000 from the Latin caucus’s accounts to be given to Californians For Diversity, a consultancy firm owned by Calderon’s brother and former state senator Tom Calderon.

There is more in that article regarding bribes, campaign finance fraud, etc.

How is this guy still in office?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ou traged citizens call for Cali senator to go to jail after he admits ‘half of my family’ is in America illegally

But what the senator might not have considered is that admitting you are aware of people breaking immigration law is not good move.

The link is mostly to a list of twitter posts, but it seems that people took notice of this.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The Interesting Money Connections Between Eric Holder, Kevin de León, and CA Dems

Yesterday it was announced that California legislators have hired former Attorney General Eric Holder as outside counsel to “prepare to defend the state” against potential policy conflicts with the Trump administration, leaving many wondering why, if incoming attorney general Xavier Becerra is so qualified, there is a need to spend $25,000 a month for additional counsel?
It turns out that there’s a circle of paychecks surrounding this move. Holder is an attorney with the firm of Covington & Burling, a firm with major ties to the California Democratic Party:
Dan Shallman, a partner in the firm’s Los Angeles office, is the brother of John Shallman, whose Southern California-based political consulting and advertising agency serves as the longtime consulting house for de León and several other California elected officials. It is paid a $10,000 a month retainer by the California Democratic Party.
Interestingly, the contract was signed by Dan Shallman. And the circle of paychecks leads back to de León’s family:

This summer, Shallman Communications hired de León’s daughter, Lluvia de Milagros Carrasco, a recent graduate of Saint Mary’s College in Moraga, to work as an account coordinator.

Now, remember Holder and Fast and Furious?

Now, consider this...
A former Senator, Leland Yee, who was a big supporter of gun control, was arrested for gun running.

Ex-Calif. State Sen. Leland Yee, gun control champion, heading to prison for weapons trafficking

This Wednesday, Yee received a five-year prison sentence for accepting bribes and trafficking in arms.

(more in the article)

There were others involved and prosecuted.
Leland Yee: New racketeering count against California state senator adds to gravity of case

Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg was the leader of the caucus when 3 Senators were arrested for corruption and other charges.

Kevin Leon replaced Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg.

There is so much corruption in the CA Senate that it is insane.
I don't see how anyone can say that they are not entirely capable of and willing to allow illegals to vote.

Rhys Williams, spokesman for state Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, said only that “the matter is appropriately in the hands of the justice system.” Sen. Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, who will succeed Steinberg as the senate’s chief, declined to comment.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Give california to mexico and let it burn for christ sake.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
What can you say. I guess these laws are written, and not meant to be enforced.

Kevin De leon said half his family would be deported under Pres Trump's executive order. He talks about fake SS cards and green cards. And that's what illegal aliens need to survive.

www.breitbart.com...
I can tell you half of my family would be eligible for deportation under [President Donald Trump’s] executive order, because if they got a false Social Security card, if they got a false identification, if they got a false driver’s license prior to us passing AB60, if they got a false green card, and anyone who has family members, you know, who are undocumented knows that almost entirely everybody has secured some sort of false identification. That’s what you need to survive, to work. They are eligible for massive deportation.

De Leon does not see a problem with fake SS cards, you know the thing most Americans depend on for retirement.

Host Larry Mantle asked him: “… First of all, I just — I want to make sure I understand correctly: You don’t think purchasing a phony Social Security card and number should be a deportable offense?”

De Léon replied: “I don’t think so … the vast majority of immigrants — hard working immigrants — have done that. I can tell you I have family members specifically who came here as undocumented immigrants, and they did the same thing. That’s what you need to do to survive in this economy.”

Do the terms "Harboring a Criminal" and "Aiding and Abetting" mean anything to this ass-hat? I think the DOJ should send a federal agent to arrest him and ALL of his family so they can have their day in court to see if they broke the law.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
California has enough Mexicans it should be classified as a proxy state of Mexico.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

so he admitted to knowing of a crime and he not immediately kicked out of office for helping and aiding laws being broken,

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: seasonal

They needed it to survive early on. It also says before passing AB60.There was nothing else they could do.

WTF? You mean nothing except immigrate here legally in the first place right? You know, follow the law, like every other person in this country is supposed to do.

Now, they are here and if they had children born here, they stay.

Sure, anybody born here is more than welcome to stay. The rest are illegal aliens and need to be sent home. If they want to be with their kids, they can apply for citizenship like anybody else in the world is welcome to do, or they can take their kids back home with them. Makes no difference to me.

This "law maker" needs to see the inside of a federal prison for a while so he can figure out where he #ed up. I hope he gets raked across the coals hard, maybe then he'll learn his lesson.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Deport them all! If they are not here legally, they are criminals under the law. That is a FACT! Therefore...every illegal alien MUST be deported, MUST be fined, MUST be punished...THAT IS THE LAW!!!!

Why is that such a difficult thing for the left to understand? Maybe they just aren't that smart. Or...they support criminal actions and crime in general. That would at least make Chicago and California make more sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Bunch of outright criminals in government. They have normalised the illegal to such an extent that politicians can talk openly of this with no fear of facing any repercussions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join