It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California State Senate Leader: ‘Half My Family’ Here Illegally

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Kalifornistan is not a place. California is a state. Let's see how the 'state's rights people' put their money where their mouth is now. Or is it just for issues you like?

This all is a lot of fun, huh? Especially for us outside of the left/right paradigm, as I know if this thread were about se Georgia banning abortions you would foaming at the mouth right now.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

I could see a divided state under Obama, but the liberals are using a 30 year old play book. Trump is not going to play grab ass. He is not Clinton, Bush or Obama.

I think that California is going learn that Trump is not only smart, but determined. He will solve this and they won't like it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

For me I don't care which mechanism will work it out. just that it gets worked out. I think Trump will bring a reality check to California. And i invite it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You would think a state senator would help his/her own family become legal by legal application means, and then this idiot wouldn't need to worry about his family being deported. Or this senator is just using this to make Trump look like he's out of line by doing what he is doing, which is trying to bring some protections and enforcement back.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

He may not see anything wrong with his relatives being here illegally.

Look at some of the responses to different threads, some people don't get it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Arrest him and throw him in jail. He is breaking the law, he is aiding and abedding criminals. Arrest him, and/or fine him at the very least. So sick of too big to jail. A government position should not be a get out of jail free card.
edit on 2/5/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
arrest em , jail em , fine em , deport em .

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I wonder if he is going to have an interesting week, thanks to Trump?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Maybe, maybe not. I do know our elected officials are loathe to apply the law where each other is concerned, even if the enemy. It sets a precedent that makes them all at risk of facing justice for their crimes. I doubt even Trump wants to risk facing the music to go there. Once he does, then he'll no longer have the same protections. As is they'll impeach him if they can, but he's at no risk of imprisonment unless he chooses to open Pandora's box.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

De Leon is De DUMMY. An arrogant son of a bich who has been breaking immigration laws with impunity. I would bet my house that he has broken many laws. No wonder California was "all in" for Hillary.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

We will see, Trump does not seem to concern himself with normal political things.

Just in the 2 weeks, I have seen things that I would have said would never happen. Like in a interview about some country killing a person, Trump said do you think the US is clean, or something close to that. That is an amazing thing to have a pres say.
edit on 5-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
You would think a state senator would help his/her own family become legal by legal application means, and then this idiot wouldn't need to worry about his family being deported. Or this senator is just using this to make Trump look like he's out of line by doing what he is doing, which is trying to bring some protections and enforcement back.

Or he might indeed be calling Mr. Trump out to see
what's going to happen to HIM.. aka precedent.
He may find out facing a Facebook slam isn't quite as
nasty for your career as complacency to the breaking
of laws he's supposed to be helping draft.

Or maybe he is part of the problem -- helping to ram
through the stuff that's unraveling us at a faster rate.
(Now it's time to check his voting record.. hmm)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I hope you're right.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I would not want to play chicken with Trump. All kidding aside, he is a masterful opponent and not one to be taken lightly.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Me to.

I can see a lot of very uncomfortable people that have a lot of power. That is a dangerous combo to have stacked against you.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

How many of these people in the country illegally with counterfeit social security cards are voting?

The system has spiralled out of control for decades while leaders sat back and did nothing.

Now a leader wants to change that.

About damn time.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

How many of these people in the country illegally with counterfeit social security cards are voting?

The system has spiralled out of control for decades while leaders sat back and did nothing.

Now a leader wants to change that.

About damn time.

That to me is the key issue. Here we have an elected official encouraging people to get forged documents. Not hearsay, not rumor; straight from the mans mouth.

If I said yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if elected officials in California encouraged people to get forged social security cards and such, many of the left would have told me that I was full of it, and there is no proof of it and officials wouldn't break the law like that.

Now we see that is exactly what happens. Not only does it happen, but the environment in California is so corrupt that this official can freely admit on a raio show that he encourages this illegal action. Think about that! This man has no fear that some of his colleagues will say "Oh my god, you can't encourage people to get forged identification!"

And yet these same people will say that it would be outrageous that this same man and the others that he works with would encourage voter fraud.

I will say it agaiin; if this guy encouraged getting forged documents, there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't encourage voter fraud.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The law is always situational when it comes to liberals. What a disgusting excuse of a _______. For an elected official to have absolutely no problem publicly speaking in favor of the creation, purchase and use of counterfeit US Government documents is appalling. It makes me favor dropping the gauntlet, clamping down and heavily enforcing everything like Singapore.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is outrageous. Our country has turned into one big cesspool of lawlessness. (I'm so glad there may be a change coming!)

While fat cat politicians on the take allow our borders to be overrun with people illegally entering or intentionally overstaying their visas...while they turn a blind eye to people that acquire documentation illegally....while they take office knowing they are abetting the criminality...our country is slowly going down the tubes.

Everyone of these officials and politicians, especially those in California, that have been aiding and abetting this criminality because of their personal "feeling" should be removed from office and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. They, too, are criminals.

Some may have to learn to live without their payola from the drug lords.

edit on 6-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Let Reldra have this one. This means our states can start banning abortion, getting the EPA out of the state, arizona style ID checks for supicious people, state ran deportation.

Letting Liberals bite the 10th amendment bullet sets a precedent to allow us to unload clips into the leftist government policy at the state level.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join