It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen Hits Saudi Arabia - US warship close to Yemen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Last I read somewhere, the Saudis said it was a meteor or an earthquake or something. It was a weird statement. I'll find a link.

It's in one of the updates in this article. Apparently the Saudis tried to play it off as a meteor or earthquake at first on the ol Twitter.

defence.pk...
edit on 5-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

Saudi Arabia gets billions in the form of military equipment from the U.S.. Let them fight their own battles. We shouldn't be an ally with Saudi Arabia in the first place! We complain about radical Islam, but Saudi Arabia is the home of strict Islam along with their country's Sharia Law. Iran is much more westernized than Saudi Arabia.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Saudi Arabia gets billions in the form of military equipment from the U.S.. Let them fight their own battles. We shouldn't be an ally with Saudi Arabia in the first place! We complain about radical Islam, but Saudi Arabia is the home of strict Islam along with their country's Sharia Law. Iran is much more westernized than Saudi Arabia.

Here ! Here!

I agree and we've certainly sold the Saudi's enough hardware to defend themselves. It's way past time some of these countries took responsibility for themselves. It's a "new day" people!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Billions of $ in US hardware sold to SA and troops and materiel supplied by three other nations and a bunch of hill tribes in a backwater are kicking their butt.

Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing a pattern here.

Any country that is willing to fight so hard to keep what they have deserve to keep it in my eyes but that isn't very profitable for the warhawks apparently, after all it's not their kids getting shot at or bombed..

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Every time we send as much as a bullet to the ME.

It somehow ends up getting fired back at us.

So no, not one friggin bullet...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Not for nothing but havent the US and SA been attacking Yemen for some years now?

Just last week, we killed 30 civilians not to mention the thousands we've killed due to years of drone bombings.

Wouldnt Yemen, under international law, be within their rights to defend themselves?

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Only problem, 9/11 was an inside job.

edit on 6-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

And this response tells me you have no idea about the situation in Yemen.

I'd rather US just strike SA but won't happen when the US are trying to reinstall their ousted puppet government in Yemen.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Dangerous escalation if true.

Any Saudi confirmation on this?

Not really an escalation. Yemen rebels have launches surface to surface missiles at Saudi Arabia before. Saudi Arabia usually shoots them down.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: everyone

Israel is a huge Alie to the U.S do we strike palestine each time they fire rockets at Israel. So no we wont strike.

Last year, President Obama committed to sending $38 BILLION of our taxpayer dollars to Israel. Unless the USA is getting something more meaningful in return than friendship, President Trump needs to trim that $$$ commitment WAY BACK.

That amount is over 10 years.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Also Saudi did not say it was a meteor. From the op source -

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Saudi Arabia and its allies are waging a war in Yemen right now. They've even been accused of crimes against humanity for destroying so much of Yemen's infrastructure & seemingly indiscriminately attacking civilians.

Virtually all of Yemen united behind the Houthis to kick out their former President (who was also rejected by his own political party). That president conceded, met up with the Saudi coalition, and then took back his concession. The Saudi coalition then launched the war against the Houthis in order to put that president's clique back in power.

While the Houthis are allied with Iran, many of the Sunnis groups in Yemen also support the Houthis in this war & are fighting alongside them. But Western MSM is only going to tell the Saudi interpretation of events, which is why people are so confused by what's going on there.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well, crikey mate. I refuse to panic. Stupid stupid people reap stupidity. Happening in USA right now. So lets all step back, take a breath, pause and go calmly into the fray.

Stand tall while all the stupids fall.

Sensible people will win in the end. To those who care about ME and it's beliefs I say look after your own interests. To hell with Yemen and the Saudi. Western worlds have their own reserves.

Don't care about stupid peoples. Stop arming them. Let them fight hand to hand to end it. They don't care about unity, equal rights and children. It's, 'Who has the biggest gun or who has beheaded the most or who has eaten the most beating flamin hearts'. Stupid idiotic flamin numbskulls.

Get out, stop protesting and let them totally destroy themselves. And they will. They don't care about anything except who is the 'biggest' stupid excuse for life.

What a crap life living under those beliefs. Don't bring those beliefs to my back door.

my kind regards to you and respect for your post,

bally
edit on 6-2-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Who know's mate! Financial backing maybe to test such missiles. Pat on the back if you hit the target. "Yep, it works". Start selling more.

Time for aussies to totally get out of that cesspool.

What the hell do we achieve over there anyway except PSTD vets and poor recognition of service.

My thoughts are tragic but I ask why we can't govern without influence of the Brits or the good old boys.

Rather go crabbin mate.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

and Iranian media is going to present both sides of the story, theirs and the Wests / Saudi Arabia?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia is just one big money-laundering operation, which is why it's untouchable.
Both the US and UK sell vast amounts of arms to Saudi Arabia, always have done, while the Saudi royals acting as middlemen are awarded consultancy Multi-million $/£ fees (bribes) to push the deals through..... all those mansions, yachts, personal planes, hookers and drugs are expensive you know!

So, cutting Saudi Arabia off, which would be THE most logical move in the WoT and fight against radical Islam, just isn't going to happen while the money is flowing (in both directions) and our own leaders suck up to those with the most money to throw around, emboldened of course by a few bungs when they eave office, or during, in those shady offshore locations that don't need to disclose customer info!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

As if Saudi Arabia and Iran are the only countries there with media... Why assume I'm saying things from Iran's perspective? I've had a passing interest in what was going on in Yemen long before this Saudi-led war.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Off topic but the crabbing is canned at this stage , gunna be 42 . on topic , yes we need to get out of there , all the western world nations need to , and your right , they will implode .

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Wars and rumors of wars.....

This is getting dicey, I really wish we would get out of bed with The Kingdom

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join