It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fox News: I may defund California as 'a weapon' to fight illegal immigration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Got it. Just punish the people who live in sanctuary cities.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Everyone knows you can fight the President but I don't think even California is courageous enough to stand up to the real M.I.B. the IRS.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I think you might have missed this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If the people are affected, they must pressure their elected officials to stop the nonsense.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just build the wall on Californias eastern border.

Send illegals in other states to California and then have no problem with deportations.

Everybody should be happy then.

Seriously though California nor its cities should be able to pick and choose which federal laws they like or don't like so long as they are in this union.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

and when calif is a sanctuary state they won`t be using any of that money for illegal immigration enforcement, I wonder what they will do with that "extra" money?

edit on 5-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

How very Constitutional.

As I said, another interesting court battle.

edit on 2/5/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Just build the wall on Californias eastern border.

Send illegals in other states to California and then have no problem with deportations.

Everybody should be happy then.

Seriously though California nor its cities should be able to pick and choose which federal laws they like or don't like so long as they are in this union.

OMG. Those ideas are nothing but WIN.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

trump should be urging the DOJ to start enforcing the laws, they can start by arresting every mayor and city council member of every sanctuary city.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

How very Stalinist.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

enforcing the laws is Stalinist?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So if California refuses to follow the rules, Does that mean that I do not need to follow the California gun laws just passed??

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Purges. Arresting all officials without evidence of wrong doing.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Noncents
Not the Constitution

Article I, Section 8, clause 4. Specifically that bit about naturalization.

"To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;" -- Source

Yes, the Constitution does place the power of immigration in the hands of the Federal government.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Profusion

Surprise

Another "ham-handed, trigger-finger" action - - - from a the slum lord who turns off electric and heat to get tenants to leave.

You're still mad at something he did 40 years ago? I know you hate him but it's like you don't even try to hide your bias anymore.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

As I said, another interesting court battle.

Yep. This may go all the way to the Supreme Court with Trump at the bat. The federal government's controversial Secure Communities program needs some more tweaking, and Trump doesn't seem too flexible.

Just because the federal government has given states the authority to do the federal government's job, without funding, it puts an onerous burden on local municipalities.

California's proposed Trust Act

Interesting article

edit on 5-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Got it. Just punish the people who live in sanctuary cities.

It's interesting that you are so worried about the people in these cities, but you were not so worried about how children would be affected when you supported Obama cutting federal funding of schools for not following his bathroom gender rules.

originally posted by: Phage
Yeah, well. Title IX is a law, afterall. A law that says federal funding cannot be given to states which discriminate based on gender. A law that has been in effect for more than 40 years.

I think that immigration laws are much more important that who uses which bathroom.
But you supported removing federal funding to schools over bathrooms?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

their actions and words are evidence enough to arrest and convict them of conspiracy to violate federal immigration laws.

conspiracy to violate federal immigration laws is a seperate crime from actually violating them.

sanctuary cities didn`t create themselves,the mayors and city councils decided to do that and that`s where the conspiracy is, unless they just spontaneously did it without ever discussing it with each other.

In criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime at some time in the future

edit on 5-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If Donnie were to cut off all federal funds to California what would he do if California cut off America? We do give them a lot of money but we also get quite a bit from them as well food and tech just to name a couple. I am starting to think if Trump ever has a coherent thought his brain will explode.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Seriously though can anyone give me a good reason that funding shouldn't be cut if you blatantly disobey the law?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join