It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fox News: I may defund California as 'a weapon' to fight illegal immigration

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Putting Federal funding pressure on a state to get it to follow federal law isn't new.

How soon we forget.

www.nytimes.com...

Read the above article

Not forgetting anything but Carolina lost a whole lot of revenue because of that bill. California is one of the largest economies in the world - 13% of our country's GDP. If they're refunded, I expect they'd stop paying federal taxes. That would be a net improvement for California revenue wise.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'd be curious who would hurt worse. The fed if Cali cut off all federal payments - or Cali if the fed cut off funding.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Lol. Just in time to watch them secede. Do you know what happens if you remove Cali and Texas from the US? It becomes a dirt poor, third world nation within a generation. So, go ahead and defund. Lmfao.
edit on 8-2-2017 by ColdChillin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
Yeah yeah yeah...Defund us and see what happens.... You "may" not do a gawd damn thing.

My vote is to defund Cancerfornia, restrict travel outside the state (or we can build a wall) and end any and every form of federal aid, assistance, etc. Considering you own what....30% of all welfare?...we will see how long that lasts.

But I support you! Go away...die and once the liberals are all gone, we will just plow off the scum and utilize the land.

I support you 100% percent, just show me where you need my signature

edit on 2/8/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
How is California going to skip out on paying their taxes? If the IRS would come crashing down on me if I didn't pay my paltry taxes every year, I can't imagine the repercussions of losing 13% of its revenue. Well, yeah I can; it'd be the same thing I guess. Bank levies, frozen accounts, asset seizures, arrests, jail time. Harboring illegals is one thing. Withholding taxes is quite another!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
A typical liberal reply when a President is doing their job,disregard laws and other people idiot's that defy this,Brown panders to liberals,ones that weren't born here,came for the weather,if we could send some back to native states,we would have our state back,but broke hick's come here for high welfare and nice weather,are easily bought out,Most natives love our state,hear losers making fun of it,yet it's in their dreams,we need to kick Brown out,we started a petition,give us our state back,hope Trump can purge us of these scum bag liberals

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join