It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fox News: I may defund California as 'a weapon' to fight illegal immigration

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

This is the rare example where most of would accept putting a foreigner in jail. Guilty of Assualt, Guilty of border crossing, Guilty of being and idiot.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I do help support with taxes and community programs what have you done to better man kind besides complain about illegals taking low paying highly laborous jobs that are only seasonal.. And come with no benefits...all things cost us money but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the money we spend fighting wars Republicans seem to always profit from just saying... Who do you think these illegals are they are hard working people they don't need me to do all that for them... Maybe they have babies here to give them a chance instead of becoming victims of the Mexican drug cartels...

And the point that you only choose to take a few of my points and conviently ignore the rest tells me a lot about your character and your lack of exposure to a people you hate and don't even know... You should be ashamed

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Anyone know under what authority the president can "defund" a State?

Certainly you've seen "The Donald" portion of the Constitution. Wait there isn't one? Lies. Well...there will be one soon.

Hail.

edit on 6-2-2017 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill
"I thought you people were pro state's rights. You are, up until the point the state doesn't want to do what the Emperor wants to do."

Nope. California can do whatever it wants to, but only so long as it keeps all the illegals it lets in. The problem is when they come to my state. What happened to the rights of my state because California refuses to follow the law? I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I left for a reason. And yet, California keeps following me...

Some rights belong to the states. The federal government does have too much power over states that they should not have.
Trump plans to give power back to states over many things, including education.

But some things MUST be controlled by the federal government.
There are not many things, but these are things specified in the Constitution for a reason.
These include immigration, naturalization and national security.

It would be naive and foolish to believe that every state should make up their own rules regarding national immigration.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Back before the old InterNet was under corporate control (as it is now), and before all of the US Government Agencies were put behind firewalls, I happen to visit the CIA website. Things were very different in those days, as the 'Net was mainly academic. There was lots of juicy information freely available on the 'Net in those days. The original CIA website, completely gone and replaced now, had graphic illustrations depicting federal mony distrubution. One depiction illustrating where the federal welfare monies of the US were collected and where the vast majority of that money was being sent. On a US Map, there were depicted dozens of small collection arrows distributed around the US, starting and centering mainly on the Eastern states, these were blue arrors and they all merged changing color to red, into three arrows, each landing in the predominately Mexican horde states of New Mexico, Texas and California. California had the largest of the three arrows. I wish that I had had the foresight to mirror that website. It was most informative.

California as you may know, brags, that it has the largest (mostly illegal) Hispanic population outside of Mexico and is closely followed by Texas and then New Mexico. Now that was back a few years ago, before all the amnesty grants by both the stinky Repulblicans and those stinky Democrats. Who's to blame? We are. Because we did nothing about it. No one but President Trump, President Reagan and President Eisenhower has ever done anything to diminish the horde from the south.

Lets build the Great Wall Of America, like China, and for the same type reason, to stop the invading horde.

Defunding California will have an enormous effect. Don't allow the misinformed or the uninformed mislead you. However, as the way things are, I believe that the only 'path' to resolution of the US illegal alien problem will be through armed conflict, eg, civil war. I suspect it will transpire within our life-terms.

plutron

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Trump makes a great slum-lord and corporate raider.

More Name calling, insults and ridicule... /logic

to get tenants to leave.

Let me give you an example of Life:
If you do not pay your electric bill, you do not get power. If you do not follow the law, then you are obviously not part of that society, therefore that society has ZERO obligation towards you.
Tell me, why should I help you, when you are unwilling to help me? Society is a group or groups of people working together in a civilized manner.

That is why the funds should be cut. You don't follow the law? Tough, no funds for you. Same when you're in your teens living with your parents. You live under their roof, gotta follow the rules.

edit on th2017000000Mondayth000000Mon, 06 Feb 2017 19:16:30 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 06 Feb 2017 19:16:30 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree regarding border security, and I was glad to hear him commit to more ICE and Border Patrol agents. We already have laws in place that simply need the manpower (and will) to be enforced.

As for the wall, I think it's an expensive showpiece. He flat out lied when he promised "Mexico will pay for the wall". No matter how you slice it, it's the American taxpayers and consumers who will be footing the bill.

edit on 2/7/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Profusion

Surprise

Another "ham-handed, trigger-finger" action - - - from a the slum lord who turns off electric and heat to get tenants to leave.

If California and its government wish to risk American's lives in California...that is their choice. Personally, I believe that if they wish to risk the lives of Californian's, they should be held liable for laying the bomb on the ground that killed someone. But when they decided to risk the lives of Americans in other parts of the country (illegals can use California as a staging ground to move across the country), they MUST BE STOPPED! Why? Because that was the vote of the American people in electing President Trump. They have no right to risk a single American life, especially without and "eye for an eye" style risk to themselves (eg. lawmakers).

So...either take responsibility for the deaths your decision causes, or Trump should defund them of every single penny that is extracted from the rest of the country. While it wouldn't be in the countries best interest, this should include no disaster recovery funds, no military protection, no federal welfare, etc. to the people, and everything else.

Cancer can not be allowed to grow and kill the healthy cells. It must be stopped by destroying it.

Cancerfornia

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Annee

Sanctuary cities is such a benign sounding term, it might have been a sanctuary for the illegal alien, but it sure as hell wasn't a sanctuary for a young woman walking with her father. CUT THE FUNDING.

The 32-year-old Steinle was walking with her father on San Francisco’s Pier 14 last July 1 when she was shot and killed by an illegal alien, Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, who had already been convicted of seven felonies and deported five times to Mexico.

www.breitbart.com...

I'm on a continuing mission to produce a dictionary of conservative terms based upon facts instead of the left's lies. For example:

Sanctuary City translates to Outlaw City
Undocumented Worker translates to Illegal Invader
Protester translates (when appropriate) to Liberal Terrorist
Congressional Democrats (when appropriate) to Obstructionists
Liberal translates to Un-American Liar and Rapist of American Values (still working on that one)
Etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Annee

I don't see a problem with defunding if they don't want to follow the law.

Trump makes a great slum-lord and corporate raider.

Are you implying my country...America is a slum? WOW, you have gone off the deep end.

edit on 2/7/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Everyone is acting as if Trump is gonna try to halt social security and disability to CA.

Typical Liberal fear mongering though. He's talking about things like Highway funds, federal grants to colleges that give free education and education benefits to illegal immigrants while simultaneously charging legal residents more and more college, etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

LOL. Defund California. If anything, this would only prove he is trying to push successions.

I am not surprised by any insane thing proposed by this administration (corporation that has taken control of the country) anymore.

What happens when a child doesn't follow the rules? They are punished.
What happens when a citizen breaks (or doesn't follow) the law? They are punished.
What happens when a worker doesn't follow company rules? They are punished or fired.
What happens when a dog owner allows their dog to run free against the law? They are punished or fined.
What happens when a driver breaks the "rules of the road"? They are fined.

So what do you think should happen when a city or state government breaks the law? Nothing? A fine is a payment a criminal/rule-breaker makes that deprives them of money. Defunding is the exact same thing. If any city, state, etc. makes a unilateral decision to put American citizen's lives at risk...without taking ANY RESPONSIBILITY for their actions...that demands action to stop them.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Wonder how this will hit the American economy? How do they play this? If California goes rogue, they have the fruit and vegetables the rest of the country needs. How will taxes work? I am pretty certain California could successfully be a mini country of their own without much trouble. My concern is when they open the flood gates to ALL the unvetted illegals (not generational Mexicans who have been here for hundreds of years, the working class that is) that they undoubtedly will sneak into other parts of the country to potentially create terror events and organized crime pockets.

I can see California using solar and wind, electric cars, you name it. Weird would make a GREAT shortstory topic!!!
edit on pm228pmTue, 07 Feb 2017 12:00:33 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Funny if ALL the civil disobedience stays in California. No insurance company will take on the little ma and pop businesses, as in general no civil unrest is covered under the insurance policies. Will this make them stop destroying life and property during their "Peaceful protest?"

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Right now California pays more into the Federal Coffers than it gets back through Federal grants, Assistance and Funds.

If they stopped paying Federal taxes and stopped receiving any federal funds...CA would actually have MORE money to spend on it's citizens.

If California was a country, they would be the world's 6th largest economy..

I am kinda all for it..."defund" them and CA can stop sending money to the Fed to be "handed-out" to Red States.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

How could California stop paying Federal taxes ?

If the State Government tries, they will become fully "occupied".

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Good luck defunding them. They're 13% of our gdp. The federal gov would hurt from the loss of tax revenue.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah...Defund us and see what happens.... You "may" not do a gawd damn thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Putting Federal funding pressure on a state to get it to follow federal law isn't new.

How soon we forget.

www.nytimes.com...

Read the above article

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If he does this, I look forward to losing my Section 8, my apartment, my reasonably bearable quality of life, etc. as a disabled person (who does not qualify for SS disability due to not having a high enough number of conditions,) in a household that makes less than 30K a year, and has no car, significant savings, or means of moving to another state due to health issues suffered by everyone who lives in said household, just because the states and the executive want to play fiscal "chicken."

So be it, though. I have no power to change what the president or my state does other than through my single vote and limited voice. God's will be done.

Peace.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join