It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fox News: I may defund California as 'a weapon' to fight illegal immigration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

President Donald Trump is prepared to deprive the State of California of federal funding if it votes to become a sanctuary state, he said in a Fox News interview.

"If we have to, we'll defund," he said. "We give tremendous amounts of money to California."

California Democrats in the Senate stepped up their fight against the president last week, advancing legislation that would provide statewide sanctuary for immigrants and keep local law enforcement from cooperating with federal authorities.

Trump to Fox News: I may defund California as 'a weapon' to fight illegal immigration

Sanctuary cities and states are a national security issue. Anyone can get in a car and travel across the country in days.

I don't know why some people can't seem to be able to understand. If there's one sanctuary area in the United States, the entire country is at risk.

What an incredible difference it's been in going from Obama to Trump when it comes to immigration. It's apparent to me that those who believe that it doesn't matter who the POTUS is have been proven wrong.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Surprise

Another "ham-handed, trigger-finger" action - - - from a the slum lord who turns off electric and heat to get tenants to leave.

+46 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sanctuary cities is such a benign sounding term, it might have been a sanctuary for the illegal alien, but it sure as hell wasn't a sanctuary for a young woman walking with her father. CUT THE FUNDING.

The 32-year-old Steinle was walking with her father on San Francisco’s Pier 14 last July 1 when she was shot and killed by an illegal alien, Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, who had already been convicted of seven felonies and deported five times to Mexico.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 5-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Tails it is then.

Get well soon America!
edit on 5-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+47 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I don't see a problem with defunding if they don't want to follow the law.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Trump makes a great slum-lord and corporate raider.

+44 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

How does that have to do with the thread?

+42 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Trump makes a great slum-lord and corporate raider.

Um, why aren't we discussing California's direct refusal to follow established law and order? Or does one side of this argument get a free pass though they've clearly stated their intent to violate law?

+32 more 
link   

It doesn't.

It's just a red herring.

On topic.

If California isn't going to play by the rules. They should not get any federal tax dollars.
edit on 5-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

That Trump thinks its just fine to turn off people's heat and electricity to get what he wants?

Seems to fit perfectly to me.

However, a president of a country is about the people.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

LOL. Defund California. If anything, this would only prove he is trying to push successions.

I am not surprised by any insane thing proposed by this administration (corporation that has taken control of the country) anymore.
edit on 5-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That seems fair.

+39 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So it's trumps fault that California doesn't want to follow US law?

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Sanctuary cities is such a benign sounding term, it might have been a sanctuary for the illegal alien, but it sure as hell wasn't a sanctuary for a young woman walking with her father. CUT THE FUNDING.

The 32-year-old Steinle was walking with her father on San Francisco’s Pier 14 last July 1 when she was shot and killed by an illegal alien, Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, who had already been convicted of seven felonies and deported five times to Mexico.

www.breitbart.com...

I thought you people were pro state's rights. You are, up until the point the state doesn't want to do what the Emperor wants to do.

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
California refuses to follow the law? And there should be no repercussions? Because of whom the president is?

Promoting anarchy?

Seriously?

+17 more 
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm all about pro state rights, but don't expect federal funding if you bow up and tell the Feds you aren't following the law.

+10 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra

www.breitbart.com...

I thought you people were pro state's rights. You are, up until the point the state doesn't want to do what the Emperor wants to do.

States rights to set immigration policy?
yeah, cause that will work out well....

link   

I am not surprised by any insane thing proposed by this administration (corporation that has taken control of the country) anymore.

Nor am I.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

www.breitbart.com...

Take a look at CA's firearm laws. Then try to spin that again.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
The state does not have control over immigration, that's Federal jurisdiction. I'm very pro-state rights but if it were left up to the states we'd have a ton of varying laws about how the borders should work, not just the country border but state borders as well... it would be unmanageable and make life insane for everybody. That's one of the major reasons it's controlled federally.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join