It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are we this ignorant people? (Not political)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

The U.S. has programs that help those in need. I'm not totally against these programs. What I am against is giving a free check to people who are not trying to become gainfully employed. These assistance programs should be for the absolute necessities needed to survive while looking for work. Junk food, candy and soda shouldn't be covered under the food stamp program. It's ridiculous that this program allows for junk food, yet doesn't cover toilet paper, laundry soap and other hygiene necessities. The person does have to be presentable and clean for job interviews.

The same thing goes for government assistance. Why should we be handing out "free checks" without getting anything in return? There's a lot of government parks, roads and other city infrastructure that needs to be cleaned, painted and repaired. What's wrong with these people working 4 hours a day in exchange for this assistance while they find other employment? Our government assistance programs promote people to become lazy and take advantage of the system.
Maybe if we got these people to become temporary government workers while they actively looked for employment, our city, state and federal income taxes could be reduced.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Sorry to hear about that girl. I think she's probably really wounded and hurt deep down inside... about something. She's just not telling. Sometimes telling doesn't even help. Sometimes it makes things worse.

We all cope differently I think but yeah it's sad and hard when someone close to you is just not... cool. Sometimes I'm not cool myself lol who am I to judge. Still it sucks.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sorry op, but your rant goes on deaf ears here. Why worry about that itsy bitsy scab perse a hole what $28.00 of wasted food. When if you stopped worrying about the lil guy and started checking out the wars that are fought, or obummer and his billions that were sent to Iran and or annual dues of the UN, israel.,etc,etc, you might actually have a reason to bitch. Sorry not picking up what your putting down.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You care about him so much, did you say something to him about the diet, using 'your' tax money, diabetes, etc? Not a peep. You're just peeved he's 'costing you'.

Is there a reason as to why you put these things in quotes? Are you implying that taxation isn't an actual cost, because it literally is.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrogGod

You care about him so much, did you say something to him about the diet, using 'your' tax money, diabetes, etc? Not a peep. You're just peeved he's 'costing you'.

Is there a reason as to why you put these things in quotes? Are you implying that taxation isn't an actual cost, because it literally is.

Because all I heard was you being peeved he isn't eating to your standards, he's gonna cost you tax money, health care, etc. What do you really care about him except how he is affecting you?

As far as taxes, health care isn't that costly compared to all the corruption, 'defense', misappropriations, mismanagement, etc.

But focus on this guys diet is easy, its something you can bitch about from first hand observation.

My dad told me when he was young his dad used to go for sunday drives, they would park across the street from the local bar and watch the drunks stumble out and fall down.

That was amusing on some level I guess. The lectures were the worst part, he said.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ignorant people need educating. Let me educate you.
This is the American way of life, a life you all espouse about. free enterprise, own your own business, employ lots of people to earn your money for you. But I digress from your post.
So you have two multi national companies, now let me think. Oh yes, Mcdonalds and Burger king, billions of customers worldwide. Started in the US with millions of customers. Must be doing something right.
BBBUUUT what do THEY sell, oh yes crap food. I bet they pay way more tax dollars than you so stop your whining and get on with your life.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Ignorant people need educating. Let me educate you.
This is the American way of life, a life you all espouse about. free enterprise, own your own business, employ lots of people to earn your money for you. But I digress from your post.
So you have two multi national companies, now let me think. Oh yes, Mcdonalds and Burger king, billions of customers worldwide. Started in the US with millions of customers. Must be doing something right.
BBBUUUT what do THEY sell, oh yes crap food. I bet they pay way more tax dollars than you so stop your whining and get on with your life.

what type of logic is that? so what your saying is that knowone should have an opinion on anything? just ignore everything going on around u and be happy with your head buried in the sand? where does that get us?
stating another wrong doesnt make something else right or more acceptable.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale
No, what I'm pointing out is that the biggest nation on Earth is the one that's invented, made a multi-billion business and even pushes this unhealthy crap on their own people and it's pervasive in your society. So through the sanctimonious rant of the OP it's the pot calling the kettle black.
If it assuages you I'll say all the taxes from your junk food industries pays for the food stamps. Your taxes go towards the military industrial complex for their next flight of fancy they are developing.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm not the OP. You can't imply that a person who is on welfare isn't costing others money, it literally is a cost.

There is no moral justification for taxation on any basis.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrogGod

I'm not the OP. You can't imply that a person who is on welfare isn't costing others money, it literally is a cost.

There is no moral justification for taxation on any basis.

The 'cost' of well fare is minimal, comparatively speaking.

All within budget in a society that has a healthy middle class.

The hi taxes today are caused by graft, corruption and defense in hi places, not the poor.

But thats what they want you to think, its poor peoples fault.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The 'cost' of well fare is minimal, comparatively speaking.

All within budget in a society that has a healthy middle class.

The hi taxes today are caused by graft, corruption and defense in hi places, not the poor.

But thats what they want you to think, its poor peoples fault.

I am not claiming that it is "poor people's fault." I am claiming that a cost is a cost, regardless how small.

I don't care what taxes are being spent on, or how noble their end, taxation itself is immoral.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FrogGod

I don't care what taxes are being spent on, or how noble their end, taxation itself is immoral.

If thats the issue, I agree with you. Yay know that the colonists revolted against the crown for paying more than 10 percent tax?

That tariffs are supposed to be the revenue to pay for gubment operations, and we never should raise taxes except during war and never ever have permanent progressive tax, besides being off the gold standard and inflation from fiat currency...

grrr

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

sorry but the united states govt did not invent mcdonalds. yeah theres other problems 2 just like anything in the world. the OP is speaking his opinion on an experience he had. hes not talking about mcdonalds or anything else that doesnt apply to his experience he had in a shopping center and why it bothered him, because that would be ridiculous. to try and claim that someone cant talk about an issue he has in a certain experience without bringing up any and all related topics that may pertain in someone elses opinion is just ludicrous.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
actually where did I say the United States government invented McDonalds? WTF.
As to the OP. He didn't just say, he ranted about it that's why it's in the rant section. Now what did he rant about. 1. The person in line was buying junk food with his food stamps.2. By natural extension that means because he's on food stamps he's a poor person and not working (or working on a low paid job) and not paying his "fair share" of tax dollars.
Did I miss anything there? Now my replies. America, yes America, not the government gave
Americans and the world a vast network of junk food outlets. THIS relates to the vast majority of poor people, from childhood liking and consuming junk food. That answer relates to his rant on why people eat junk food so to get people to eat healthily (as he ranted) it needs to be done through the grass roots. Which means invariably closing all the junk food outlets.
As for his rant on tax dollars my reply to him is also quite simple, though you don't seem to get it. The junk food industry pays vastly more in taxes than he ever would so his rant on his taxes subsidizing food stamps is quite moot.
edit on 9-2-2017 by crayzeed because: number added.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
actually where did I say the United States government invented McDonalds? WTF.
As to the OP. He didn't just say, he ranted about it that's why it's in the rant section. Now what did he rant about. 1. The person in line was buying junk food with his food stamps.2. By natural extension that means because he's on food stamps he's a poor person and not working (or working on a low paid job) and not paying his "fair share" of tax dollars.
Did I miss anything there? Now my replies. America, yes America, not the government gave
Americans and the world a vast network of junk food outlets. THIS relates to the vast majority of poor people, from childhood liking and consuming junk food. That answer relates to his rant on why people eat junk food so to get people to eat healthily (as he ranted) it needs to be done through the grass roots. Which means invariably closing all the junk food outlets.
As for his rant on tax dollars my reply to him is also quite simple, though you don't seem to get it. The junk food industry pays vastly more in taxes than he ever would so his rant on his taxes subsidizing food stamps is quite moot.

you may think so but thats a different topic that doesnt relate. we will agree to disagree. especially with how hilarious that first line is then u go right back into america producing fast food and unleashing it on the world like it was some sort of biological doosmday weapon planned by the elites.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join