It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone understand pokemon go anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This summer i was playing a lot of Pokemon go, then they did an update, and what i thought was appealing about the game, was gone..
It felt like to many pokemon hunters, just wanted to collect a pokemon instead of actually enjoying the game, pokemon hunters started copying each other instead of trying to find a pokemon of their own...
I really enjoyed the game at the start, it was a unique way to mingle, to get people outside..

Even those who are uncomfortable with going outside during the day light was out, and they even smiled..

Sometimes i dont understand pokemon go, but im probably not the only one..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Which raises another question: Does anyone even play Pokemon Go anymore?

That trend exploded, made people look like sheep, then died as quickly as it came.

But no, i don't understand the game.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't even consider it a game....they could have done so much better with it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
lets cut to the chase - how many darwin award nominations - cite PG ?
edit on 5-2-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Another question, why do the people who make Pokémon games refuse to make a realistic, open world Pokémon game? One with a large free roam world consisting on the many biomes you find Pokémon in. With a few towns and settlements dotted throughout where you could battle.

Instead they insist on making the same game over and over and over again. Horrible graphics, boring repetitive turn based fighting, and only releasing them on Nintendo consoles, which suffer from the same issues of doing the bare minimum.

The people who grew up with Pokémon are ready for a grittier, more immersive, and quite frankly better experience from the brand.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I remember when it blew up extremely quick, people were playing at work while on the job. Even my fellow employees at our valet job were playing this constantly.

And now I haven't even thought twice about this app until this thread

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

They are terrified of alienating the Japanese gamer.

Remember that most of their money comes from those Asian markets. They don't like change in their video games very much.

But I agree, I would love to see a full and proper Pokemon RPG. With equipment, levels etc.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I understand it, it hasn't changed at all. It still is a surveillance program that makes it possible for some people to know what is inside your house or business.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I understand it, it hasn't changed at all. It still is a surveillance program that makes it possible for some people to know what is inside your house or business.

Can I get a source for what you're talking about. That's intriguing.

~tenth

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: rickymouse

Can I get a source for what you're talking about. That's intriguing.

~tenth

My granddaughter was using it at our house. The program remembered the layout of the house. Now from what others have said, their searches for pokeman brought them to certain areas that seemed to be where nobody should go and lots of people were drawn to that area at the same time. That infers that the information is somehow shared. some were also coming an hour later to the same area in the girls house.

I am going by what I am hearing from people, all I am saying is it is possible.

The strangest part is that the parent I talked to thought it was cute that the kids all came to her house looking for pokeman. All the kids knew each other, they were friends.
edit on 5-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
This summer i was playing a lot of Pokemon go, then they did an update, and what i thought was appealing about the game, was gone..
It felt like to many pokemon hunters, just wanted to collect a pokemon instead of actually enjoying the game, pokemon hunters started copying each other instead of trying to find a pokemon of their own...
I really enjoyed the game at the start, it was a unique way to mingle, to get people outside..

Even those who are uncomfortable with going outside during the day light was out, and they even smiled..

Sometimes i dont understand pokemon go, but im probably not the only one..

I completely lost interest. It was fun at first and something to do with my kids. But I lost interest.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh I get what you mean. That's done via google maps.

The API they are using is built into the same data collection program that Google Vans used when they were mapping the entire country.

Let me give you an example:

www.nbpower.com...

(it's a link to our local power utility outage map)

If you go to this link and just zoom in to the town it's at, you'll see it knows the layout of every building.

The pokemon spawn at certain locations based on this. Usually for a set # of time before the drops reset.

So it's more that everybody has access to find where the pokemon are, the map leads them to your house.

~Tenth

edit on 2/5/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yeah, something has changed to lessen the game, but I can't put my finger on it. It just suddenly got boring. There was a sudden change in gym dynamics with hard core players suddenly disappearing from view.

L33 here.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh I get what you mean. That's done via google maps.

The API they are using is built into the same data collection program that Google Vans used when they were mapping the entire country.

Let me give you an example:

www.nbpower.com...

(it's a link to our local power utility outage map)

If you go to this link and just zoom in to the town it's at, you'll see it knows the layout of every building.

The pokemon spawn at certain locations based on this. Usually for a set # of time before the drops reset.

So it's more that everybody has access to find where the pokemon are, the map leads them to your house.

~Tenth

But, the app led everyone to a point within the house. I think it actually saved the first person's path.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
... then they did an update, and what i thought was appealing about the game, was gone..
...pokemon hunters started copying each other instead of trying to find a pokemon of their own...

What on earth are you talking about??? The updates haven't changed the game. Hunters copying each other? What do you even mean by that? Everyone is trying to obtain the same 154 creatures. Have you ever actually played this game?

o.O

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

People at large have a false conception that more realistic to the world, in graphics or game'play is better, when it isn't. It's a case of the pasture is greener on the other side, that ends up getting promoted by the vocal "majority" of gamers. And other people give them props for such a position, and it becomes something that just propagates further outward.

The precociousness is cute, but on the actual business end, it doesn't work and lacks understanding. Kids want candy. Cool.

It's the same reason that games like Minecraft become big, and no one had any idea, gamer or investor, and it gets bought for billions.

edit on 26-4-2017 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join