It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is wrong with some people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mini-rant incoming.

I'm not a fan of social media. I have a Facebook and use it often, but I don't post/comment on hardly anything. In my immediate local area, quite a number of people have been protesting (and 100% peacefully). Local news stations have been running stories of it on FB and there's been lengthy discussion regarding Trump, "NoBanNoWall," and other current events.

The local media affiliate made a post regarding the protests (local protests) when I saw a comment had been made regarding "kicking the lefts out with the Muslims/illegals and rounding up people who criticize Trump to educate them on American patriotism," something along those lines I'm paraphrasing. At this point I decided to leave my .02, which in retrospect was completely useless because some people are simply unhinged.

I'm sure we've all experienced it at one point - I made a comment, and the guy went off. He started spamming the post with thing unrelated to the topic, blamed me for "the destruction of America," - we've allllll experienced this at one point or another. And don't misconstrue me, it really didn't bother me. Keyboard warriors are awesome. I protested the G2 summit in Chicago. I've protested in NY. But that's beside the point I'm about to get to.

Not feeling complete, the dude then personally messaged me threatening to contact ICE, the CIA, the FBI, and the Secret Service to deport me. He then told me "vote Democrat, expect to get shot." For those who know me in personal life, they know I'm not a democrat. I voted for Ron Paul FFS, and I'm about as white as they come (not sure why I would be deported lol).

Like I mentioned this doesn't necessarily bother me too much. I'm just laying this out for you. What this mf'er did next though - yeah, it bothered me.

So, feeling as if he still hadn't said enough - the guy decides to find my girlfriends Facebook and send her a few messages.

Now - I was just going to screenshot his messages and embed them, but I'm using mobile and no offense, ATS, but I would rather not give out my girlfriends FB. Anyways, the first message was #ing unreal.

Word for word, I quote: "Better watch where ur at in public princess. If I ever catch you I'll grab you by your pussy and show you a real man."

She didn't reply, and at this point I reported him to FB and I threatened to contact local law enforcement. Not quite happy yet, the guy then decides to message my girlfriend again.

This time, and again I quote his words: "Praise KEK for little whores pay the price as sex slaves your future is looking bright princess."

At this point we had simply blocked him on both accounts, but low and behold he wasn't done yet!

No more than fifteen minutes after receiving the last message, my girlfriend received another message from an entirely different account. And I quote: "you liberals are cucks. Snowflakes that can't take a joke. It won't be a joke when I'm on top of you and you can't do anything about it."

Needless to say, I was blown away. Never, in my 22 years of being on this Earth, have I ever "experienced," anything like that.

In the year 2017, in the U.S.A., my girlfriend was threatened to be raped, I was threatened to be shot/deported, because we're "libtards," which isn't even true considering neither of us voted or saw a candidate worth voting for in our opinion.

This opened my eyes up a bit. This really made me feel shameful in how aggressive, ignorant, and dedicated some are to their partisan and identity politics.

My girlfriend is legitimately worried that something is going to happen to her, and her work has contacted local law enforcement and there is a #ing LEO sitting at her work-place right now keeping an eye on things. She wouldn't sleep last night and was incredibly paranoid this morning. I took her to work because she was too scared to drive by herself (it's about a 20-30 minute drive).

We had plans to go to a friends this afternoon for the Super Bowl but instead, she wants to go to the shooting range and learn how to shoot (which is awesome, I've been shooting for a few years now myself and love it).

I don't understand what is wrong with someone to the extent of carrying out harassment to a level such as this. It's absolutely unwarranted and provides nothing beneficial to anyone involved.

This has gotten under my skin because it's somewhat compromised my girlfriends sense of safety and trust in others. I don't understand why a happy, loving, compassionate, and mature individual would ever resort to such ignorant statements to prove a political point.

Needless to say I wanted to share this with you folks on ATS. I've been here for awhile. Like many others, I lurked here for years before I dove in. ATS may not be what it used to be, sure, but I'm confident in that most folks here are beyond a level of being an asshole like that and despite our differences there are some legit conversations and discussions that are had here.

I needed to rant about this, so I thank you for the time you've spent reading. It may seem absolutely #ing retarded (because it is), but this has impacted my girlfriend - without a doubt, and that's just not cool.

On a happier note, dude got a healthy serving of a DDoS (I promise it wasn't me) and I know who he is, where he lives, where he works, and what he looks like - and it's been passed along to the authorities. If you're going to threaten to rape/kill random strangers on the Internet, don't expect to have it chalked up to "free speech, just joking around," or whatever it may be.

Thanks for reading ATS. Enjoy the Super Bowl if you're a football fan and be responsible.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Some people are just bad.

Sorry you were inflicted with that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

What the ....! Sorry about your girlfriend. Losing ones sense of safety is a hard thing to adjust to.

Just so you know, white people can get deported too. I actually knew a dude from Ireland, who got deported after his ex-girlfriend ratted him out. He came back Legally a few years later.

There are too many crazies out there nowadays, I find it best to not get into Facebook battles.

Save those screenshots, and it's always good to know your enemies/or in this case crazies

edit on 5-2-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Having a man like Trump in office, means everybody now thinks that all of their bigotry and everything else is now acceptable.

Oh how the pendulum of PC has swung back to kick liberals in the teeth!

It's not right, but it's what you get when you let extremists run the place for 10 years.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If this guy is known, can't she press charges?

Beyond that, he sure sounds like an anti-American psychopath.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think people need to ask themselves is having Facebook worth it ?

No one deserves that, but it goes with the territory.

There are options thought.

1. Stop using Facebook.

2. Turn the settings to Private.

Other than that it's not going to stop. Unfortunately.

I try not to get let my political views get to that level.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Stay out of the kitchen if you can't handle the heat.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There's a reason why I don't tend to actually visit my account on FB.

People like this are why.

Course, I get it from the opposite end of the spectrum.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That is so effd up, I don't even know where to begin. anyone who thinks their political ideology authorizes them to threaten rape should win an automatic trip to gitmo for life. Absolutely horrid. I hope you and your lady's sanctity and peace will be restored quickly, as NOONE deserves that type of abuse. I don't know what posting rules they have over at Facebook, but here's a thought.
You teach your lady firearms safely, and expertly.
Once she is proficient and comfortable, take a video of her clearing a cqb course. Double tapping index cards at 50ft will probably send a message you and your loved ones are not soft targets. Honestly I would enroll both of you in a self defense course as well, firearms are great, but muscle memory reactions to threats when unarmed is a great confidence booster.
Thoughts and prayers to the both of you.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That guy is a no class douche canoe. Life is full of them.

Buy you're girlfriend an asp baton. That will learn em'.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

We have this ass trying to inhibit free expression through violence.

Reminds me of the douches on campuses that do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We have this ass trying to inhibit free expression through violence.

Reminds me of the douches on campuses that do the same thing.

You know, not to be that guy, but liberal protesters are doing the same thing.

That whole thing with Milo comes to mind...and that was just a few days ago. A riot, because somebody wanted to express their freedom of speech.

Ironic isn't it?

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It makes it hard to promote free expression when idiots that share an ideology are trying to censor it as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Stay out of the kitchen if you can't handle the heat.

If he threatened to rape me, I could get behind that.

My girlfriend didn't comment, and had nothing to do with her receiving those messages.

I was the one who triggered (sorry, it fits lol) some dude to the point he went out of his way to threaten to rape my girlfriend.

Dude threatened to shoot me, ehh I'm not too worried about it. I'm by no means a crack shot but John Wick himself doesn't want to challenge me haha.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's because too many people in this country have been taught that emotion is a good substitute for logic. This is what you get. He who yells loudest or is the most intimidating wins.

I think there is a even a debate format that encourages this kind of so-called "thought" instead of reasoned argument.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That's awful. Trolls of that sort are not worth the response nor the time it takes to make one. It is usually the soft and weak who engage in online bullying.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

If he threatened to rape me, I could get behind that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Awhile back I wrote in another thread that a combination of too much social media combined with ones own passionate belief in any given topic has made rise a new form of oppositional defiant disorder...albeit a violent one.
This experience of yours is like...wow..over the top and almost unbelievable. I KNOW there are people out there like this though..because I have had that happen here. Threats to my person over a difference of opinion. It takes all kinds of crazy to make the world go around and you never really know who is truly going to act on their threats or who is just shooting off their mouth. I'm glad you got authorities involved, because I believe imho it was most certainly warranted. Terrible thing when you cannot even state a point of view without a threat of harm. Feels like we are regressing as a species every damn day.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Be careful playing with guns. I can tell by your post, "You'll eventually regret it."

If I were you, I'd go through the proper procedures of removing yourself and your GF from the Internet. You might have stirred up a hornet's nest.

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I know who he is, where he lives, where he works, and what he looks like - and it's been passed along to the authorities.

And you come a running' to ATS ... to tell us about it ... and have this loon come a'following you here.

And do ya? Do ya really know this guy (or his friends)? You're gonna get yourself killed if you're not careful. You do know that, don't'cha? And you GF ... Is she attractive enough to get some rapist interested in her?

Let me tell you something, young man ... You live in a frightening world. I carried a badge and a gun for almost as long as you've now lived (and those were happier times than we are living in right now). You need to think about the _consequences_ of your actions. I know youngsters from every generation have made this mistake ... and I ain't blaming you for your ignorance.

Stop protesting. Be a grown-up. Care for the people you're supposed to care for (like your GF ... and your family). Don't poke the bear. Ya hear??!!??

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
the Facebook people should permanent ban that guy.

cmon Facebook, you guys want to rake in the $, how bout earning some of it.

sorry for what you're enduring. don't let it silence you, that's what the bad guys want.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join