It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Republican, this guy expresses how I feel

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
All true republicans should read this. If you stand for things like free-trade, fiscal conservatism, and christian values; you should find this article thoughtful. There are several conservatives that are extremely concerned with Trump and the direction he is trying to take this country. Please read if you care for the reasonable governance of our country.

crosscut.com...

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

On Saturday morning over coffee I read a summary of Donald Trump’s executive order regarding refugees and immigrants. Then I read the order itself. And then I read it again.

As a TRUE Republican i didn't read a 'summary' of the EO.

I actually read the damn thing.

That's why as a TRUE REPUBLICAN.

Hell would freeze over before I joined a bunch of people that refuse to.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Read the article and I'm pretty sure the author's R suffix is not for Republican....maybe RINO.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes, seems credible. Especially the part when he says it's a Muslim ban from those countries, that was a completely true statement. Thank god we have guys like this telling the truth.

I personally don't think the ban will do squat and we can tighten our vetting without it, but I also am pretty sick of the outright lies and alarmist crap being spewed.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You missed this part in your own quote there.

Then I read the order itself. And then I read it again.

And oh look, RINO was tossed out 2 posts in! Not that surprising.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's no secret Trump is alienating his moderate republican support -- Gallup shows a steep decline in support, which can only mean his own supporters if you consider it started with a split.

What he doesn't realize is that by surrounding himself with the remainder of the far right, ultra conservatives he makes all of them into a minority. What was never a majority will soon be a minority again.

Eventually there are going to be two very thin legs to stand on that the republicans will cut themselves. They're the only one who can fix this mess.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
All true republicans should read this. If you stand for things like free-trade, fiscal conservatism, and christian values; you should find this article thoughtful. There are several conservatives that are extremely concerned with Trump and the direction he is trying to take this country. Please read if you care for the reasonable governance of our country.

crosscut.com...

An anti Trump article??

I read the entire article and found it be very biased against our President. If you felt the way you have expressed then you should have voted for the queen.

I could write a similar article and twist it completely around. For the sake of this post I will stick to your main point. The EO that he has written simply reinforces a law that went into effect in 2015 under the Obama administration. He also added the ability to add nations as he(in his official capacity as President of the United States of America) sees fit. All the rhetoric about how he has not included some worse nations are just a smoke screen to confuse some people. Again he used an existing law and will expand upon it in the near future. How is it that some people see this as terrible? Where were you when the law he is enforcing was put into place?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Wait. You mean this 'true republican' Chris Vance who supported HRC???

www.seattletimes.com...

LOL.

So the crux of his argument is that because some crazies want to deport all Muslims, Trump is taking the first step toward those aims.

So when the BLM crazies say 'kill whitey', should we be equally fearful that the DEMs, who have openly supported the BLM movement, are ready to line us all up?

Yawn.

Just another lying hit piece.

I'm saying I'm Santa Clause. Does it mean that I am?
edit on 5-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm a conservative in the sense of fiscal conservatism, limited government, low/no taxes, the free market, Constitutionally protected rights etc.

And while I agree with a lot of "Christian" values, I dont agree that government should try to enforce or promote them, which is where my libertarianism kicks in.

The author mentions "protectionism and isolationism". All too often, these terms are used to describe someone who believes in a strong national defense but a humble foreign policy.

It is not conservative to have a massive foreign empire, attacking nations, nation building etc.

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."

This is not isolationism. This is the path to peace and prosperity.

Unfortunately, I think Trump will continue to expand the foreign empire like both Bush and Obama, continuing to antagonize both China and Iran.

But Trump is not wrong in wanting to withdraw us from the United Nations, the TPP or wanting to extend a hand of friendship towards Russia.

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Then the clown should have saw this.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

www.npr.org...

Heres the INA.

www.uscis.gov...

Heres the constitutionality of it.

Article Four, Section 4, gives the federal government the authority to protect our country against invasion

In 1952 Congress passed the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States. This allows the president the ability to “suspend the entry” of “any class of aliens” that he finds are “detrimental to the interest of the United States.”

The President is required in Article 2 of the Constitution to execute all laws of United States. This is the extent of Executive Orders, seeing to it that the laws made by Congress are faithfully executed.

Source

Now when seven countries that are known terrorist hotspots. That have foreign nationals actively waging WAR against other countries, and this country?

The president has the power to say 'Your not coming here'.

And if the President allowed such a thing that would be a gross dereliction, and ILLEGAL duty.

So back to what 'True Republicans' should be doing.

They should be going out and joining protests to let known enemies of the state travel freely inside this countries borders.
edit on 5-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

You missed this part in your own quote there.

Then I read the order itself. And then I read it again.

And oh look, RINO was tossed out 2 posts in! Not that surprising.

Obviously you wouldn't be interested of my assessment of the Obama White House, it is just slightly more direct.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Very nice and well presented information.

I wonder how long it will be before the MSM starts putting out fake poll after fake poll trying to convince the American people that support for our elected leader is diminishing?

Ahhhh, this is great. We have another 7.95 years of this left. Glorious.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A Bush Republican hmm?

Seems like your party's rank and file don't want you anymore.

The days of warmongering, mindless sabre rattling with major powers and pointless interventions are coming to an end.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Rather than listening to people's irrational and uninformed opinions about what they think something means, I usually prefer to just read it and find out what it's actually saying on my own.

I usually seem to get a better idea of what it says when I read it myself, and that's why I just roll my eyes when I hear people repeat what the media told them to think about something (making it absolutely clear they did not read it themselves nor actually think deeply about it in any way whatsoever).

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Just another pass a bill to see what's in a bill politician.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The guy in the article forgot to talk about what in the EO is STILL in effect !!

Lots of important things.

EO with restrained parts

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just because we got a President for 8 years that opened up US to foreign invasions, by refugees and illegal immigrants it doesn't mean that the laws are not there to protect American when another president sees the errors of the previews administration and decides to correct the problem.

Yes I support Trump and he is doing what I voted him to do for me.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
removed: dead horse
edit on 5-2-2017 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It's no secret Trump is alienating his moderate republican support -- Gallup shows a steep decline in support,

Wasn't that the same bunch who kept telling us HRC had the election sewn up ?

new topics

top topics

join