It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands protest Trump as he returns to Mar-a-Lago

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I wonder if there will ever be a time when people will be able to remove partisan blinders and honestly answer one question...

Is any form of tyranny imposed on a free people in a free country more or less tolerable when imposed by powers on the left or the right?

Without the words "it depends" anywhere in the answer.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: gladtobehere

I mean, they will stop eventually, right?

Yes, unless Trump continues to give people a reason to protest.

WHAT ?

The guy wasn't even elected president and people were protesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

IMO, you cannot justify a false equivalence with an illogical fallacy - the reality is, is that snowflakes use Trump as an excuse to be offended by things that they have previously tolerated and even encouraged when a black liberal POTUS took the same actions.

Dude come to America.

We need you.

Since we have open borders now.

That won't be a problem.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Because I've decided that whats good for the goose is good for the gander

So you want to be the mirror image of a libtard? Is that a contard? Perhaps a Reptard?

then effective immediately, his skin color and just his very existence offends me and when I'm offended I expect everyone to change to suit me - just like what the libtards expect.

If you want to act and discuss issues like a petulant child, that is your prerogative.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

WHAT ?

The guy wasn't even elected president and people were protesting.

Perhaps he was giving them a reason they felt worthy of protest.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

I wonder if there will ever be a time when people will be able to remove partisan blinders and honestly answer one question...

Is any form of tyranny imposed on a free people in a free country more or less tolerable when imposed by powers on the left or the right?

Without the words "it depends" anywhere in the answer.

You have to first have a consensus definition of "partisan blinders" and "free people" and "free country" and "left" and "right" - which, from observation, are variable definitions that change as society changes.

(see? I just said "it depends" without using that phrase! (I'm being a dreadful smartypants today.))

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
May I just say. I learned something today.

Did you know there are Non-profit organizations that pay to send people to these protests, pay their bail and also credit them with "hours worked" if they miss a day at the office because, you know they were jail, for these protests?

I've been to these protests and I haven't gotten paid! Where do I apply? I'd like some pay. Seriously. I can even send them my receipts.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Off on a Vacation and Golf already, imagine if this was Obama. Shall we keep score?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not quite an answer, but I'll give you a pass for wittiness.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well if you put Bill Belichik in charge of the Los Angeles Rams they aint gonna win the Superbowl
America is not going to be great again,sorry Trump not even God himself could not fix your country
edit on 5-2-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I am afraid that the protest will keep on going against Trump as big money is paying for the professional activist.

This is not regular protest, this is done to keep Trump from been respected as the rightful president in the nation.

Sadly as long as the silent majority doesn't fight back is going to keep on going.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Or a charity event that has been going on for 60 years at a place he owns. A vacation is more than 24 hours away.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The true story of Trump and Mar-a-Lago:

How Trump Fought Antisemitism and Racism in Palm Beach Two Decades Ago

The WSJ story that is linked focuses on the battles Trump faced as a new arrival to Palm Beach, including his new competition with the social clubs of the old order. The story, which quotes Abe Foxman, the longtime head of the Anti-Defamation League, says, in part, the following:

Mr. Trump also has resorted to the courts to secure his foothold here, and many residents wince at the attention his legal battles with the town have drawn — to the town in general, and to the admission practices at some of Palm Beach’s older clubs in particular.

…The culture clash began to approach a climax last fall, when Mr. Trump’s lawyer sent members of the town council a copy of the film “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner,” a film that deals with upper-class racism. Mr. Trump then approached the town council about lifting the restrictions that had been placed on the club. He also asked some council members not to vote on the request because their membership in other clubs created a conflict of interest.

Last December, after the council refused to lift the restrictions, Mr. Trump filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Palm Beach, alleging that the town was discriminating against Mar-a-Lago, in part because it is open to Jews and African-Americans. The suit seeks $100 million in damages.

I like Trump, but am cynical enough to guess that he did it just to spite the town.

Still, I can see how that would be epic.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
People were protesting against Obama for 8 years, including over 200 failed court cases.

But now Trump is president, and we have seen what a delicate snowflake he is protests should not be allowed?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

they'll stop once trump figures out hes gotta start sliding under the radar. seems that too much attention IS bad attention when you are president.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It may be a matter of the "protests" simply getting more media coverage now vs past administrations.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
People were protesting against Obama for 8 years, including over 200 failed court cases.

Not on the scale we're seeing for Trump... nor was Obama's staff working against him and there weren't entire departments protesting him and circumventing him (EPA, etc)

But now Trump is president, and we have seen what a delicate snowflake he is protests should not be allowed?

The way he's been sliding over due process and the Constitution, we can expect more protests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join