It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands protest Trump as he returns to Mar-a-Lago

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Coming soon to Twitter:

@realDonaldTrump #FakeNews reporting thousands protesting at Mar-a-Lago. I've only seen two or three. Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ausername

a reply to: gladtobehere

I mean, they will stop eventually, right?

Yes, unless Trump continues to give people a reason to protest.

On the contrary, they're just getting started, blank check funding by opposition groups and elite billionaires, they are going to protest and fight Trump relentlessly in every way they can. In the media, in the courts, in the government, in the streets, in the USA and abroad throughout his presidency.

If that is what they choose to do, so be it. That is their right.

I agree, as long as it is organized, lawful and relatively peaceful.

Protests should always be peaceful. If not, the attention is focused on the violence and not the reason for protesting.

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm still waiting for somebody to hold their party accountable and point their fingers at the left conglomerates along with Hollywood for praising and promoting this stuff.

There's a whole lot of finger-pointing going on within the Democrat party. Whether they learn anything from this election or not remain to be seen. Also, not quite sure what Hollywood has to do with this, other than being the obligatory scapegoat thrown around ad naseum.

Is their a non emotional rational brain over there that's willing to speak up? Don't be afriad you won't be scrutinized for recognising the truth.

I'm not a Democrat. So I don't have to speak-up for them. But if you do want that interaction to take place, you would be better served to find a more productive way of speaking. Being condescending and snarky will not get you anywhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

And I'm not sure what race has to do with anything.

libtard explains why Mar-a-lago = Trump is a racist

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
2 years of rioting, looting and protesting will guarantee that the democrats will lose more seats in the 2018 election, no sane person will vote for the party of intolerance and divisiveness.

I predict that about 6 months before the 2018 election all the protesting will stop because the democrats don`t want people going into the voting booths with fresh pictures in their minds of the rioting looting and protesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That does not explain why you mentioned Obama's color, nor what relevance it has to the issue at hand.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

In President Trump's case, Demonstrators/Protestors are a sign that he is getting things done. Things that his voters asked for.

Many thought that Donald Trump's promises on the campaign trail was just showmanship, to get elected.

Surprise! He's coming out of the gate as one of the rare Presidents. One with the integrity to do what he was elected to do.

Change is hard for people who are used to liars. If President Trump has protestors from one corner of society or another, for the next 8 years, that's a good sign that he is still working to make America even greater.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Idiocy should always be protested. Especially when that same idiocy is sold as policy to people who were hustled into believing its true.

Near half of the country fell for Trump taking an older generations ideology (America first! We're number 1 in the world! Keep the un-Americans out!) while Trump was building his own Steve Bannon "nationalism" on the back end.

If Trump acts like a president for all Americans, the protests will stop. It's really that simple. At the moment, it seems he's more of the mind that he's going to do what he wants and people better just get with the program.

That's the attitude of a dictator, not a president. And I'm proud there are people that fight the establishment by standing against that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And therein lies the problem IMO. You are clearly telling me they are too emotional and sensitive to speak like adults and just tell it like it is. I'm sorry if I come across condescending but I am only this way because I expect the same thing from everyone else, maybe my standards are different. Just skip all the games and get straight to the point you know?

As you've read in my other post I only know how to be myself, which is blunt, and the interaction itself is not as important as the message. You clearly aren't too sensitive to discuss with me so I'll just use you as the vessel for it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You know, I'd wait to see where this all goes. I know it LOOKS like he's doing stuff to fulfill his campaign promises but there also a great deal of stuff he's doing (and not doing) that certainly seems to be diametrically opposite of what he promised. I'd wait and let things truly play-out before I dragged out the soapbox.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Its Florida people. One thousand . Looks more like one ten. In a state of retired liberals....

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You are clearly telling me they are too emotional and sensitive to speak like adults and just tell it like it is.

I did not say anything that would indicate emotion or ability to speak like adults. That is your projection and interpretation.

Just skip all the games and get straight to the point you know?

Getting straight to the point and purposefully injecting partisan condescension are two different things.

As you've read in my other post I only know how to be myself, which is blunt, and the interaction itself is not as important as the message. You clearly aren't too sensitive to discuss with me so I'll just use you as the vessel for it

The interaction is the vehicle in which one conveys a point. Respectfully interacting is a lot more effective than shouting people down or beating them over the head with your point.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

That does not explain why you mentioned Obama's color,

Because I've decided that whats good for the goose is good for the gander, and if his wife can get Hollyweird accolades for being an expert race-baiter, then effective immediately, his skin color and just his very existence offends me and when I'm offended I expect everyone to change to suit me - just like what the libtards expect.

nor what relevance it has to the issue at hand.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
May I just say. I learned something today.

Did you know there are Non-profit organizations that pay to send people to these protests, pay their bail and also credit them with "hours worked" if they miss a day at the office because, you know they were jail, for these protests?

I'm not talking the generic Soros is behind it, I'm talking about American Non-Profits.

I think before we take all these protests at face value we look a little harder at which organizations are bussing people in and are also getting a nice 'non-profit" tax break for it. Also where their grant money is coming from. I'm betting some of that money ISN"T coming from people like Soros but loopholes from larger Charitable Foundations if not partially our tax money.

I've been wondering how all these people can attend these protests and still keep their jobs & pay rent. If Trump REALLY wants to hear some screaming he needs to start reforming the 501-c federal tax laws.

(it was inevitable I was going to say something intelligent eventually)
edit on 5-2-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And this is also only your perception and interpretation.

From my point of view Its a lot different, and that's fine I don't expect everyone to see the way I see things but that doesn't change my intentions nor will it change me.

There's a thin line between not being respectful and being disrespectful. Have I ever crossed that line? I don't think so. But again that's all perception and depending on who you ask. I quickly realized that it doesn't matter what you say here as some people will refuse to listen regardless of your tone, so why not just be blunt about it?

Maybe a hard truth might just be enough for someone to broaden there perception just a little more..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Hey cheese-bait... didn't Florida vote for Trump? Or was that a different Florida??

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The true story of Trump and Mar-a-Lago:

How Trump Fought Antisemitism and Racism in Palm Beach Two Decades Ago

The WSJ story that is linked focuses on the battles Trump faced as a new arrival to Palm Beach, including his new competition with the social clubs of the old order. The story, which quotes Abe Foxman, the longtime head of the Anti-Defamation League, says, in part, the following:

Mr. Trump also has resorted to the courts to secure his foothold here, and many residents wince at the attention his legal battles with the town have drawn — to the town in general, and to the admission practices at some of Palm Beach’s older clubs in particular.

…The culture clash began to approach a climax last fall, when Mr. Trump’s lawyer sent members of the town council a copy of the film “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner,” a film that deals with upper-class racism. Mr. Trump then approached the town council about lifting the restrictions that had been placed on the club. He also asked some council members not to vote on the request because their membership in other clubs created a conflict of interest.

Last December, after the council refused to lift the restrictions, Mr. Trump filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Palm Beach, alleging that the town was discriminating against Mar-a-Lago, in part because it is open to Jews and African-Americans. The suit seeks $100 million in damages.

… Mr. Foxman seems pleased that Mr. Trump has elevated the issue of discriminatory policies at social clubs. “He put the light on Palm Beach,” Mr. Foxman says. “Not on the beauty and the glitter, but on its seamier side of discrimination. It has an impact.”

In other words? In other words, long before he was running for president, there was Donald Trump battling racism and anti-Semitism in Palm Beach society. Using every tool at his disposal.

The film he chose to send the Palm Beach town council was no accident. Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner was released in 1967 and starred film legends Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn, and Sidney Poitier. The Oscar-winning story revolved around a liberal, upper-class older couple who are stunned and discomfited when their daughter, played by Katharine Houghton, brings her new fiancé — Poitier — home to dinner and an introduction to her white parents. As liberals, her parents were staunch supporters of racial equality and had raised their daughter accordingly. Yet suddenly, in comes the very personal reality of equality when their daughter waltzes in the door after a vacation with husband-to-be Poitier, a black widower and doctor. Soul searching about just how devoted to equality they really are ensues.

Thus it was no accident that Trump selected this movie to tweak the members of both the Palm Beach town council and the larger white society it represented. Trump understood exactly what the game was and he would have none of it. In addition to sending a copy of the movie, he launched his lawyers, who filed that $100 million lawsuit “alleging that the town was discriminating against Mar-a-Lago, in part because it is open to Jews and African-Americans.

edit on 2/5/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Idiocy should always be protested. Especially when that same idiocy is sold as policy to people who were hustled into believing its true.

Near half of the country fell for Trump taking an older generations ideology (America first! We're number 1 in the world! Keep the un-Americans out!) while Trump was building his own Steve Bannon "nationalism" on the back end.

If Trump acts like a president for all Americans, the protests will stop. It's really that simple. At the moment, it seems he's more of the mind that he's going to do what he wants and people better just get with the program.

That's the attitude of a dictator, not a president. And I'm proud there are people that fight the establishment by standing against that.

Look...add up the populations of both coasts, then tally up the population of "fly over country". In Fly Over Country let me explain. Steve Qayle, Hawk and Breibart ARE legitimate points of view. You don't like that any more than middle America likes Howard Stern.

Both coasts virtually live in an unbelievable rarified (attitude) bubble. There is virtually no one electable that is going to make everyone happy. Not the coasts nor fly over country. Right now Trump is busting balls to keep his campaign promises. He truly hasn't gone off the rails.....yet.

He might, but he hasn't yet.

If he does he will speedily lose Fly Over Country and you will see rioting that make this crap look like amateur hour at the kiddy fair.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In President Trump's case, Demonstrators/Protestors are a sign that he is getting things done.

Without going through the constitutionally set up channels.

He is behaving like a CEO, and CEOs are "dictators" of a company. They run their companies without advice of others and whatever orders they give must be followed.

The Constitution sets up limits on who can do what - some of the power is held by the President, some is held by Congress, and some by the Judiciary. When a President starts doing things that are actually in the domain of Congress or the Courts, then it is up to the government (judges and officials) to step in and overturn the unconstitutional decisions.

As with the raid on Yemen that killed a Marine, he didn't ask anyone to review his orders. He believes he's the CEO of the US rather than the President. And as long as he behaves like a CEO with ultimate power, he's going to be protested by his own government officials (like thethousand (and more) diplomats who signed the dissent cable to Trump)

So he won't get just "in the street" protesters. He's getting it from every direction. And the more he oversteps his bounds, the more protest and pushback he'll get from his own people as well as from protesters marching in the streets.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

a reply to: Ohanka

This specific protest seems calm/peaceful.

I dont agree that everyone's right to peaceably assemble be denied because there are a relatively small number of trouble makers.

Arrest the trouble makers (while its legal to protest, its not legal to destroy property). The rest can do as they please.

edit on 5-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

BTW, there were some Trump supporters at the demonstration (as there have been at other anti-Trump demonstrations.) The Fox channel interviewed some of them (but did not show the size of the crowd of protesters.)

In spite of the presence of counter-protesters, the protest itself was peaceful and no arrests were made.

On an interesting note, the traffic camera near Mar A Lago is offline (I wanted to check archive footage of the protest to see crowd size.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join