It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is more fun than ATS right now...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yep I said it but before the trash bin beckons or the almighty ban hammer is swung with glorious frenzy let me explain if I may.

The simple fact is that we are living in interesting times and the owners, moderators and fine members of ATS simply do not tolerate idiocy, fact less claims and general thoughtless spouting of non sense.

I am and will remain a member here and as soon as this all dies down I hope to return and get back to some proper debate with decent moderation, mutual respect and a sense of respect for my fellow man.

[snipped]

Peace.
edit on Sun Feb 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm not too sure I like what this place has turned into over the past 2 years personally. I believe that the mud-pit forum has started leaking into other parts of the boards and has really hurt the quality of the content brought here. Personal insults are pretty much encouraged in the mud-pit and that hate and bitterness has only started to pervade the rest of the forums. I'm not sure what they expected to happen honestly, the mud-pit was a failure before it ever got implemented.
edit on 2/5/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
I'm not too sure I like what this place has turned into over the past 2 years personally. I believe that the mud-pit forum has started leaking into other parts of the boards and has really hurt the quality of the content brought here. Personal insults are pretty much encouraged in the mud-pit and that hate and bitterness has only started to pervade the rest of the forums. I'm not sure what they expected to happen honestly, the mud-pit was a failure before it ever got implemented.

As I said I love the place but so much silliness and bickering right now it is good to see what happens when ALL the rules are removed.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Until then I am mainly laughing at the unmoderated hilarity that can only ensue when you give monkeys a spell checker and let them loose.

Like watching kids in a sandbox, they just young.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

As I said I love the place but so much silliness and bickering right now

Doesnt that give the site a little flavor ? Sit back and enjoy. I dont think we here at ATS have the ability or power to start WW3 (sometimes I wonder though)
Some folks take life and struggle here a bit too serious . Life is a game and we are all mere players..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I certainly am not going to advocate any ban-hammer-swinging for what you've written, but before this thread goes west as it might well do, I'd ask you to consider that the most effective counter to posts that are idiotic, factless or spouting thoughtless nonsense (outside the forums where such are allowed), is to continue doing what you and many other members do: present thoughtful statements and opinions, whether based on pure fact or simply upon solid reasoning.

You know the old saying, "Be the change you want to see". It's a bit cliched but that does not make its underlying concept any less valid.

And you also know that POTUS election cycles tend to bring out the worst. Once things die down we will hopefully see far more of the types of threads and posts that many of us wish to see, presented by members like yourself.

edit on 5/2/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Be the Change You Wish To See

Closed.

ETA
This is being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here

Members are encourage to note an update to the Political Mud Pit

edit on Sun Feb 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We are not going to see all the rules removed. There has actually been some relaxation of them in very specific cases (eg the Political Mudpit), but silliness can sometimes be an opportunity to educate (at at least try) and bickering is dealt with by ATS staff when it breaches the T&C's standards for behavior and they are made aware of it.

It's a bit of a barb to imply this "hilarity" goes on unmoderated, as you state in your OP. Staff do their best, but staff rely on members to alert them to any serious issues. They can't be everywhere at once, after all, and they also have to prioritize and deal with the most serious issues first.

join