It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First they killed my father.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is a subject close to my heart and history. I was flying in and out of Cambodia until the capital fell to Pol Pots thugs. The real story is one of ultimate survival and how children killed their own parents because they were teachers or wore glasses.. NO SH*T !

I am so glad this film is being made. It is a story of how a whole culture can almost totally be destroyed by strong armed mad men.. Depending on who you listen to any where from one to four million were either out right killed or starved to death.. As America and the world stood by and did nothing.. It took the Vietnamese to finally stop Pol Pot's regime..

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....a truer saying has never been uttered IMO ...

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The real story is one of ultimate survival and how children killed their own parents because they were teachers or wore glasses.. NO SH*T !

I am so glad this film is being made. It is a story of how a whole culture can almost totally be destroyed by strong armed mad men..

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....a truer saying has never been uttered IMO ...

youtu.be...

We can only hope that doesn't happen here. I will watch that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thank you for sharing I will definitely take the time to watch it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The incredible swift growth of the blindness of the disease of political/ideological hate has already started from the result of a conventional US election.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

IF it happen's it's pretty obvious the left will be the perpetrators. Look at how much of this nations fabric they have destroyed in just a few weeks

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It already is. If you voted Trump you are a target for a leftist thug.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thank's for sharing.
A good friend of mine and most of his family escaped Pol Pots Cambodia..literally running through miles of forest piggybacking his little sister.
I can't even begin to imagine the terror of that time.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I am so glad this film is being made.

I hope the story is told well. A good friend of mine 'lived' through that Hell. He lost everyone. As close as we are, that's the most he's ever been able to tell me about it. He started several times ... and then he'd turn and face the wall. The guy's a light colonel, bordering on retirement now, and I don't think I've ever met a stronger man. This set of memories though, just seem to be too much.

Thanks for sharing, brother. I'll keep my eyes open for it, but PM me for good measure.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join