It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Girls Funny?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
cute silly animals are funny.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Are Girls Funny?

Yes, Anjelah Johnson is hilarious, BY FAR, one of the funniest, and delightfully racist stand-up routines ever......

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So you are saying that girls are different but they don't know it but you do?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
FARK...
ok i'm done.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Dang - ran out of edit time, but I would be remiss to not include Rachel Bloom in my list of funny women.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

When I first saw this thread, I thought the answer was simple.
Girls aren't really funny to guys, or you cannot measure it in a quantifiable manner because guys want sex and laugh harder based on their attraction.

Then I read everything you wrote. If all is true then you must have a very interesting background involving neurological study.
I'm especially interested in epigenetics and human development.

Anyway... star for you!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte What you say makes sense, but for me it is out of context. The real issue behind fun/ unfunny side of women for me is not how their brains work, but do they allow it to work. I've seen many boring guys, and few of my funniest acquaintances are female. Actually the predominant funny people I know are female. The funniest person I know is also female. I don't know why is this, maybe because where I live people are less stereotyped, not like western EU or US, where I've traveled and can make the difference. It's a big difference. Actually I find most US/EU friends less funny in general, disregarding their gender. Actually I can remember only of one German and one Italian that made me laugh. And the Italian was professional actor for sake... He was supposed to be funny... In my country also the best comedians and theater performers are female! One of them is 80 years old and still kicking ass!! And you come here darlin', sayin' that women are dumb and unfunny. Can't agree with that. No way... Look, my wife indeed is dumb and unfunny, but that's because she's my wife, otherwise women are ok, and ask my many male friends also, they are gonna tell you the same - girls are fun, if they decide to, and many really do it in some places. If you live in one of this boring counties, accept my compassion and buy yourself as soon as possible ticket to some other place!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Cue anecdotes.

The top females comics are not funny. There are other females comics that are funny, but Amy Schumer and ilk are not.
But I am a guy.

She is not funny to guys because I can go to any locker room or bar and hear funnier stories of people having sex from guys. Honestly this new style of female humor is gross, it's cringy. It's a one trick pony.

Thank god male comics do not base their shows on talking about their dicks, any guy can make dick jokes.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I am interested in this train of thought, especially the last paragraph, as it is another wholly different element then the primary point - people are funny. Women don't always get to be because the mode, or main motivation, underlying, is survival. Okay, I can see it. However, what if funny is the tool to survival?

I got picked on a lot because I was a chub. I found out that he best way to deal with them, was to be funny. Of course sometimes it was not enough, and then I would get into a fight. (which I never understood, because I was a big kid - not just fat - but a big, o'farmboy... So, they never did to well - going further then funny - rats I digress). Between the two, a laugh or a fight, the first allowed me to be accepted inside the social circle of peers. Funny was for survival and acceptance.

Like I believe music to be a primal human thing, I also view funny to be as well. I bet the inside walls of some of those more repressive societies reverberate with female laughter, of course they do, as a matter of survival even - just not public.

What may be overlooked? The enhancing element of empathy - a female has developed - due to child rearing. It is a more nuanced form of funny.

You have to have a note, to make a symphony, but, one note does not a symphony make.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I am female and Amy schumer is not funny to me in the least. I find it embarrassing.

I, however, am freakin hilarious in real life.
edit on 5-2-2017 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

My wife, who is much younger than me did something so funny early on in our relationship, I have never in my life been upped one so fast and so damn insane, I have never seen anything more funny to this day. I mean, what she did that day left me in shock and awe and so stunned I didn't know to either laugh, cry, run, die??? Lol!!! I'm dying as type this!!!! Oh my god!!!! To this day, nothing more funny and soooooooooo damn outrageous . Never seen it. And I never will.

That's why I married her.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You're biased. You think everyone wants to be a conqueror, and if they don't, then there's something wrong with them.

It's okay to be submissive, and therefore bad at conceptualizing ways to make threats become nonthreatening (make jokes.)

A woman doesn't have free will? What she "wants" was forced into her by wicked men? No, your spirit is perverted by your pride - that is why you see the glass half empty.

You don't want to accept hierarchy because of your pride. You don't want justice, you want a perverted version of equality, where all things are equal, and truth be damned.
edit on 2/5/2017 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

LMFatAO!!!

I know a girl that will either love or hate this!!!

OP, uh, no girlfriend eh? Girls can be hilarious!! Never date one without a sense of humor! Just saying...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Women have a great sense of humor to an extent that in perspective despite there attention to details, which Men generally to not take seriously.

The general emphasis men relate to in so far as life they often do not take seriously issues which is why when one boards a Naval Ship one can see clearly if its crew are always men, it needs a woman touch.

Women compliment Men and that there are moments when either men or women feel otherwise.

At issue, would be choosing a mate who is ready willing and able to protect the interests of the family and not just in relation to a genetic contribution.

To be clear the relationship between men an women is one of symbiosis in the strict sense.

Men and women are equals in every respect.

edit on 5-2-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The details women pay attention too are not the same details the men pay attention too.

In this way the interaction makes for considerations that encompass both perspectives making survival easier in every sense.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Boys actually take things more seriously and that is in relation to there "world view'. than girls. As anyone who has ever had anything to do with raising children, often understand. Sure that has something to do with the fact that the brains of boys are different than the brains of girls.

The fact of the matter is either the brains of boys and girls cease developing in the physical sense when they hit 21 years old.

In reality the part of the brain that is completed in relation to development to an adult, until then our children still have problems with Judgement (Clinically).

edit on 5-2-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
a reply to: jellyrev

I am female and Amy schumer is not funny to me in the least. I find it embarrassing.

I, however, am freakin hilarious in real life.

lol

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
funny is subjective. hang out with a girl you just broke up with. the contrast of how you feel about a person and their qualities is all based around how you perceive them. being funny and being a "comic" are two different things in my opinion. comedy is a skill. being funny is a trait.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Women comedians are not.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

"women are not funny because of male oppression"

That was a lot of nonsense to describe nothing, humor is subjective.

<< 1   >>

join