It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power outage. Very old cat throwing up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think my very old cat is nearing the end of her life. She has been throwing up a lot lately, plus other problems involving blood and diarrhea.
So the power was out when she started puking in the kitchen, but then she moved to the living room that has a carpet. No steam cleaner could help because no power. So I frantically moved her to the kitchen in the dark and blocked her for half an hour or so while she periodically continued to vomit.

The power has come on or I wouldn't be typing this, and she is laying next to me on the couch as if nothing bad has happened.
She forgets trauma quickly, unlike we humans.

How to get her to the finish line as gracefully as possible is the question for me. This also applies to my life.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Wish I could help, all I can offer I'd sympathy.

I've had indoor/ outdoor cats my whole life, they either know when it's their time and do not come home, or met their demise in the chain of life...

The one cat I had that didn't figure it out was named mikey.
Mikey didn't have two brain cells to rub together, but he was the best near sighted most mouser I've ever seen.

He had a stroke, or so I'm told. He lost control of his rear end one night, and we took him in and had him put down.

He died in his persons arms, scared and confused- that seems to be the best we can hope for in this day and age.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

How old is old? She needs to see a vet so that you can find out what is causing the vomiting and bloody diarrhea.

edit on 5-2-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Bless you and her hearts.
You being there for her is showing you love and care... and she knows even though in the cool, aloof way of cats, she may act as nothing happened or is going on and she is non-chalant because..you give her love, comfort and security and she feels safe.
There are animal psychics that specialize in animals passing on.
For a half hour consultation, i spoke with one for 30$...which in my opinion wasn't much to give me a bit of comfort concerning my loved one...and that some will charge hundreds.
Take care of your and your dear, God bless you both.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
take her to the vet immediately....she may not be near the end, just ill and needs help. It's your responsibility as her parent to take her to the doctor ! ....on another note, older cats can use alittle dab ( 1/2 teaspoon ) of plain non flavored yogurt mixed in their wet food each feeding . It will help with the loss of probiotics, and the wet food has ash that's needed to aid in their digestion .....but still, take her to the vet .

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
On an addition note, ...not sure where you're located ....but, most places have veterinarians that will come to you. People are opting more for that because they don't have to travel, and the pet is calmer in their own environment .see if you have one in your area that will come to you.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Amazed to see how far people in this thread will go for an old pet.

The hardest thing I'll might ever do for an old friend is to take it out back and put it out of its misery... But in the end, isn't that what I'd want an old friend to do for me?

We're all in this together... None of us asked to be brought into consciousness. Do the best you can with what you've got.
If you think the best you can do is bringing in someone who claims to be an animal psycic, then so be it... But don't overlook what is in the animals best interest over your own best interest- that's what bad friend do.

I've known people to cart around dying old pets who can't see or walk who can barely breathe and know nothing but eating when provided with food and leaking excrement whenever convenient.
Those pets have no idea what is happening, and live in a perpetual hell perpetuated by their "owners". Don't be that person!

See the vet if you can, but ask them to be honest.

Even trees die odd old age. You can prolong the act of breathing and consuming, but not living.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I feel like your being a bit harsh in taking a jab at me about consulting an animal communicator/psychic.

Taking your sick pet to the vet is a given, IMO and the OP was asking about " taking her to the finish line"
and my advice was simply to address what can help ease the sadness that goes with passing over.

You don't even know the situation in which i used a psychic and if we are all in this together,....why be so mean about someone dealing with emotionally tough situations.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

You sound like a kid who had a bad upbringing,normally humans create bonds,whether human or animal,part of loving something is putting up with good times as well as the bad,a true friend is there to help him when he falls,glad I don't have your life,wait till your old and feeble,and they find you dead for weeks in a pile of your own excrement,grow up

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Get Your Cat To A Vet.
Today.
Just like in a human, vomiting and bloody stool from an animal is not something you just hope will get better. Your Vet will tell you what's wrong, if it can/should be treated and may recommend she be put down. They can do it quickly, peacefully and respectfully.
I have never considered cost when it comes to my pets suffering. No, I'm not rich or even well to do, I just absolutely refuse to let my friends suffer. Vet offices can and will work out payment plans if that is an issue.

I know all too well the emotional side of this. One of my ferrets died last year of cancer and I'm still not over it. I will forever be in debt to my vet for the kindness and skill she put into treating him. She even took him home with her after one of his surgeries, so she could keep an eye on him. She checked on him every 2 hours, all during the night, just to make sure he was ok.
Know what the bill was after she did all that? Including surgery?.............Ready? .............$200.
Vets are not in it for the money [ well most of them ]. They love animals and the time and effort they put in shows it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Maybe is what she eats. Don't give her cat's food never again. Try this :

Boil chicken breast (no skin) with just few pieces of sweet potato, carrots and white rice. Before you give her the food, chop the chicken and vegs in little pieces and mix all well. The food should be juicy, not dry. Zero salt or condiments.

This is why I recommend you that :

Pancreatitis is a disease in which the pancreas becomes inflamed. Pancreatic damage happens when the digestive enzymes are activated before they are released into the small intestine and begin attacking the pancreas.

It happened to my dog years ago. He is here with me now.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Our older dog is having diarrhea for months. After 2 vet trips, she told us unless we could send off for a $400 stool sample and do exploratory surgery, the best we can do is try different meds and expensive food and hope something works. I hope something works. We love the little guy, but cleaning up after him is awful.

So yes, take your cat to the vet. But like mine told us, gastro problems are the hardest to figure out. And very expensive.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I agree with the vet idea.
Maybe some pill can help her feel better.

She's at the end of her life.
But, she should be able to go with dignity, and with as little pain as possible.

new topics

top topics

join