It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Canadians are proud of our diversity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Someone on the forum mentioned that, and said that India was more diverse than Toronto.

What do you think about that?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: cantthinkofausername
I like all people but I dislike Liberals.

They Suck!

There i said it.

You and me both, sister. But then again politics rarely comes up in intimate conversation, so I never know until it's too late, and by that time, we're good friends. A paradox of sorts.

Aye i hear you. It is indeed a paradox. I think people lack communication skills along with respect for the country they emigrate to, not all, but some. The minority appear to be problematic. I don't remember it being a problem even 15 yrs ago like it is now. Now it's insane. People move to Western nations with the intent of never integrating with that Country at all. Then pushing to change the very laws that have governed that Nation for generations.

It all points back to the Liberal agenda imo, and we know who's behind that, Soros is one name that comes to mind.

I only wish people would use their own intellect to determine right from wrong rather than following those who would wish to destroy Democracy as we know it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have traveled Canada on many occasions. I know its not the same as living there. But what I saw will stay with me for the rest of my life. It was simple and unavoidable observation and nothing more. With specific regard to black and white people: everyone seemed to be on the same page. The contrast to the US was amazing. In Canada black people looked, acted, dressed, spoke, everything, just like everyone else. And they were treated the same as everyone else. Just outside Chicago where I live it is completely different. I can hardly understand some of the black people I hear talking. Their pants are barely above their knees, hoodies and face masks are the uniform of the day, etc. Most of all, I did not see one black person in Canada that seemed to be waiting for a handout because of slavery 150 years ago. Everyone seemed engaged in society and taking care of business. Now, I know that is what I saw and I am sure someone who lives there can say they have seen otherwise. But the overall impression I got was undeniably different. It reaffirmed for me that racism is not my mode of operation but rather reaction to circumstance. I had no issues whatsoever with the black people I met in Canada. I wasn't worried if the three men walking towards me were going to go for my wallet or my wife's purse. It was a completely different tone and it was nice. We liked it very much. People were just people. It seems like slavery and reparations and the like are only an issue here in the US. Everyone seems to have gotten over it and gone on with their lives and made something of themselves. I wonder though, how proud you would be of your diversity if all the black people in Canada suddenly started acting, dressing and speaking like they do in Chicago. I think the luster would wear off pretty quickly.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I agree.

And the only reason Racism exists at all is because of the PUSH to instill it by various disgusting hidden agendas run by crappy people with absolutely no Morals whatsoever.

I've yet to meet anyone who is racist, when i'm in Canada.

People are nice, courteous, friendly and helpful. Unless you're in China Town, then they love to mess with you and give you wrong directions lol.

But people are non violent, they simply keep to themselves for the most part, and couldn't care less about anyone else's culutre. Each celebrates their own, individually, leaving others alone to do their own thing.

People love separation, that's why there are so many different culture sectors, China Town, etc etc. But the Chinese have been in Canada far longer than other cultures not including the Anglosaxon Race who were there first, after the Natives, whom of which deserve the same as everyone else. No more no less. I have many Native friends as well who agree with me.

People will be kind to each other, but they will not allow anyone to demean their culture by minimizing it into a Multicultural blob.

Those are my observances.
edit on 5-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I don't know why this thread was started... The premise is wrong its not about where you came from...
You may have come from somewhere else but you will become accepted as and proud to be Canadian when you stay...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I think this thread was created to pin point the importance of integreting into the society you've chose to move to. If i moved to Saudi Arabia, God Forbid, this is just an example btw... I would not go around demanding everyone dress like me, act like me, and talk like me or else. I would probably go on trial and be whipped publically for it.

The point here is People want people in their Society that will INTEGRATE WITHIN THAT SOCIETY not try to force that society to do as they demand or else.

That will never happen in Canada. Bloodshed would occur before any one group would instill their demands on the population, F THAT!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Someone on the forum mentioned that, and said that India was more diverse than Toronto.

What do you think about that?

Considering India has over a billion people, and unless at least half (which equates to more than both Canada and the US combined by a large margin) are not from India he is either trolling, majorly misinformed, highly uneducated or must think the word diverse is some swimming technique.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

are there any statistics stating that Toronto is the MultiCULTural City on planet earth?

Im just curious

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

a reply to: LuXTeN

Having been born and raised in Toronto, along side every different culture you can imagine. Everything you said is true. Aside from the few extremist (which are very few) racism doesn't really exist here and every culture gets along. One point I want to make is that on top of being the most multicultural and diverse city, nobody is segregated. That's the true beauty of Toronto.

You can find a Chinese restaurant right next to an Indian one, which is right next to a Jamaican one, which happens to be next to a Greek one, which happens to be right next to a Vietnamese one..Etc

Within a one block radius if you are in downtown, you can find a gothic night club, a hippie bar, a folk club and an Asian rave.. etc

Move into any neighborhood and most likely your neighbours are of different ethnicities and backgrounds.

Everyone just gets along.

But of course there are always exceptions to the rules, and there are many inner city communities that might not exactly reflect Chicago (cuz let's be real no where is Chicago) but is still pretty bad. Where crimes and gangs are very prevalent. But even in these places it is diverse and not predominantly blacks. It's really a culture shock to most people that have never been here.

I myself would probably be a culture shock to most of you..

So having said all of this, I can attest attest to the beauty and privilege of diversity, but I still don't disagree with what Trump is doing. If your going to do it make sure you do it right. I am not sure how it works up here but I know it's not open borders and quite difficult to become a citizen.

Edit: oops this was supposed to be a reply to Vroomfondel, but actually kind of answers your hypothetical question by giving you some insight. But if you were actually being serious about the question a quick Google search will tell you everything you need to know

edit on 5-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

always! They do have real beer like Europe, and their bacon rocks!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Yes amongst other things, like me.

(post by KEACHI removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I heard your jails are trash tho.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I know this thread started out talking about Toronto but it also gives the impression that Canada is somehow different than the rest of North America. When it comes to accepting diversity, I would say that the province of Quebec was more than just a little intolerant during the 1970's. Maybe it's different now, I don't really know. I lived in Montreal during the FLQ. I was just a kid but I remember It was a time when one had to fear being attacked for speaking English. The provincial government legislated French as the only acceptable language. It's the equivalent of ethnic cleansing without actually killing anyone. The difference was that, as an English person, you had the choice to leave or become French. In fact, Toronto owes some of its diversity to the FLQ since much of the non-french population moved there in the mid 70's.

I love Canada and its diversity but the Quebecois is a stain on history and one that never comes up as if it didn't happen or is justified.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yes canada rocks, the best country in the world to live.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

Good. We will start shipping the 30 milion illegals we have your way. HAVE FUN!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

That depends on which province you happen to live in.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

My response to this would get me banned....But it involved the French...and their high propensity for homosexual sex.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

lol that sounded arrogant. I meant I'm real.

I live in 3 Countries.
edit on 5-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join