It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump its time to change our schools literature

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: allprowolfy

Yep!

It's quite obvious our school systems have instead of creating responsible citizens that can contribute to society, have done nothing more than create a bunch of self entitled Community Activists.

It's hard to argue when all one has to do is take a good look at how protesting has seem to become a new trend in having a career!

Uh sure, the only influence on kids today is liberal schools.

Must be the schools.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The solution starts with removing Federal government from having a say in what kids learn, not by having the federal government change the literature.
They should have NO say in the literature at all.

Trump is working on that.
He is working on giving states and communities the power over education.
School choice, allowing for more options and competition, is what will improve education.
When there are schools competing for "customers", they will be forced to provide a solid education, because consumers will demand it. They will need to improve or go out of business.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm reading Trump: How to Get Rich and it is a blast.

I highly recommend it. In it he states that he reads like ten to twelve newspapers in the few morning hours before work. That is impressive! But he does say that he doesn't have much time to read fiction books, since he's always working (newspaper reading is like working before work), still he adds that there are some books that took his interest and he recommends. One is a Carl Jung book, and the other so far is another psychology type of book but on happiness.

My kindle app says that I am 79% through the book, at this point he is going through a week of his life, day by day. I'm not particularly interested in politics at all and consider myself more of an outside observer... but dare I confess, I truly am enjoying observing Trump.

Trump could even grab me by the whatmustnotbenamed (because the name itself is taboo and must be kept a secret and shamed!) if he was free to do so. Of course I'd thoroughly and apologetically warn him about its hairy condition... which might change his mind. But whatever, it's fun.

Maybe I'm really truly misguided, but idk. I feel sincere and honest and open about my observations. And what I have concluded is... he's an architect. A builder. Authentic. Hard working. He makes sense. Too much sense almost for people to handle. But the kind of sense that encourages progress and gets things done.

The thing with me is, when I get scared about something? I have to learn as much as I can about it as honestly and sincerely as possible. I have to unbias myself as much as possible in order to put faith in the information and knowledge that I have gathered... and that's the only thing I would suggest everyone to do in this post election situation. There's always two sides, more than two sides, to every story.

Kind of off topic but inspired by the comments in this thread.

Thank you in advance for judging me.

Love,
Lou.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Incredible that is all you have to add, to the OP, a complain about grammar?

What a pity, perhaps you are an English major that is the excuses. Right?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
"[The aim of public education is not] to fill the young of the species with knowledge and awaken their intelligence. . . . Nothing could be further from the truth. The aim . . . is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed and train a standardized citizenry, to put down dissent and originality. That is its aim in the United States. . . . " - Henry Mencken, The American Mercury, April 1924.

I wonder what Henry Mencken will think about US in todays modern America.

American spend the most money in education per student and the nation decline of education is steady since the 70s.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Nothin

Incredible that is all you have to add, to the OP, a complain about grammar?

What a pity, perhaps you are an English major that is the excuses. Right?

Where did you see: "a complain"? Are you saying that my post didn't add to the the OP, but yours did?
Pot: meet kettle.

Are you trying to pick a fight? If so: why?

No: Sorry, not from England, and was never in the military.

Why would "an English major", need an: "excuses"?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You have read what the ghost writer of his book: Art of the Deal - - has to say about him?

Trump ghostwriter: Losing makes him a desperate ‘little boy’ with ‘a blend of rage and depression’

“I’m going say this softly in a soft voice because he doesn’t,” Schwartz said when asked if Trump cares about the voters putting their faith in him. “He isn’t capable of caring about anyone. That’s the heart of the problem. He’s so needy himself that he needs to spend all of his energy on filling himself up, and, Joy, there simply isn’t any left to give.”

“The connection between his self-worth and financial worth has been inextricable since he was 22 years old, since he got the money from his father. So, he’s always been completely dependent on having people believe that he’s unbelievably wealthy and certainly wealthier than he is.” www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You have read what the ghost writer of his book: Art of the Deal - - has to say about him?

Yes......and?

If she wants to be grabbed by him then you should just respect that.

You could use a little grabbin' yourself.

*hug*

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

We not only need to get rid of "No child left behind policy", but observe that all academic books are published and released through Texas.

You mean the state that left Thomas Jefferson out of the history books because he was an atheist? The state that has a mandate to "teach the controversy" about evolution? The darkness descends.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wookiep

Hate is not the right word.

Loathing is more fitting. It conveys the right level of repugnance.

There is a coping technique that might help alleviate some of that tension. Have you considered stomping your feet really hard?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

WOW, Trump is a human being with emotions and imperfections and he makes mistakes sometimes? NO WAY. That's knarly.

PS I can relate to the depression of failing and being a sore loser because dare I confess I have been a sore loser most of my life and even now whenever I get the least bit sick I get basically suicidal. I am a big baby. Sorry but I get cranky sometimes too. But also I don't know if I should put much stock into some accusations made against Trump by someone who maybe is just salty about not getting enough recognition or something idk. There's something more going on there and it's not that unlike people accusing me of being a troll or not having feelings. Honestly what the fug people.

Anyway that source is not trustable.

There's always more than one side of the story.
edit on 6-2-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'll have to start that garden first.
Can you recommend a good book on gardening?

Go fly your kite then.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ask this president, no i implore this president to challenge the status que, if your all about making America great again, your biggest challenge will not be with Russia, Democrats, nor even paid shills making $3.50 a post.

Damn if i was going to shill it wouldn't be less than for $100 a post.

Education or what passes for it in the 21st century is sorely lacking.

And it does need to be addressed.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Does Trump have a dog?
Not sure I can trust a man who doesn't have a dog.

Trump sure doesn't eat them unlike the last guy.

If he did though it would be a deal breaker for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well theres no way education is getting better if someone like Betsy Devos is education secretary.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join