It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump its time to change our schools literature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Something that reflects the past 8 years of hell everyone endured, that would be a good place to start. Something to remind America so they never forget it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I'm good with that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
a reply to: Observationalist

Stop getting back on topic.
Do you think Wookies are dogs?

What do you think the First Dog's name should be?

And what kind of dog should it be?

LOL you're right.

BUT, you haven't understood the metaphorical nonsense here that has actually been on topic the whole time.

edit on 5-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Wookie i agree, the whole education thing is way off to left field.

Kids can't think anymore, they don't know how to reason at all. It's sad. They've got little to no imagination by the time they hit 9 or so, and they use caluclators to do their math during tests! Unbelievable. And, they're not taught cursive writing anymore, how stupid is that?

I'm surprised these kids know anything. It's like a big babysitting club where they shove them into a system, brainwash the kids and then spit them out to work for conglomerate companies to make assholes even richer than they aready are.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wookiep

Hate is not the right word.

Loathing is more fitting. It conveys the right level of repugnance.

I am going to have to reevaluate my image of you, until now i had you pictured as somewhat Vulcan, Spock like if you will, and devoid of emotion.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

What if Dookie bites him?
Would you like that?

Naw, the dog would suffer repercussions.

Or, he might catch something.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Funny you should say that. I am a pre-school teacher in California. I also have a child in middle school and one in high school. I am still in school myself. I agree woth you. The college courses required to teach at my level are from the left point of view. Sometimes it's interesting, other times I find it hard to sit and listen to a professor go on and on about the title five ( federal funded) schools and the terrable dynamics. What is sad is that with the education I have, I could not aford to have a home and put my child in care if I had to. he NAEYC code of ethics want children to we as free as possible. I call how I am taught to teach children, "The free range children method". O say that because there is nothing we can do but to talk and resirect a child.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Just be honest , some kids don't cut it !
Why the 1 size fits all mentality ?

They should be more apprenticeships while at school , maybe half a day a week from starting high school .than half a day added every year until you finish school . So by the time you leave your already doing 2.5 days a week work/training.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I wonder if I, Rigoberta Menchú is still on class reading lists as a testament to the wave of third-worldism and political correctness in academe, and the attempt to hamstring the western canon and the works of "dead white men".

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Stop getting back on topic.
Do you think Wookies are dogs?

What do you think the First Dog's name should be?

And what kind of dog should it be?

Yes professor, sorry my bad I sure don't want to get kicked out of your class.

Let's go with a Wookie is a Wookie not a dog, name it Hillary keept with a chock collar, make it an Afghan.

At least I know I'll get a star for effort right?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Here's a star for effort, because I'm really nice like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Animal shelter.

Get a mutt.

Or a Bob Cat.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How do you know? He's been in office less than a month, so how do you know?
Or is that just another Liberal opinion, with no facts to back it up, as usual?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

lol i wish i could get a bobcat, they're so cool! I encountered them as a child in the forest with my brother. 5 all staring at us while sitting on this big wicker chair, creepy but awesome. They were wild, but they didn't attack, and then they disappeared like magic.

Coolest childhood experience ever.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Hitler had a dog. Would you trust him?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
Why Texas????? Have never heard about the Texas school book depository?
Sorry just had to say it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
Its simple have you picked up any high school history books and looked at them, less than two pages on WWI, and WW2, Korea is briefly mentioned and Vietnam is just a burp, Reading some of the pages as I thumbed through the book it was like the US was blamed for all wars and we and our allies were the aggressors, most of the book is based on civil liberties starting back as the Civil War and a whole chapter on the civil liberty movement after the 50,s

I guess someone or group is trying to re-write world events to fit their agenda

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Not sure how in the hell my thread was so side railed by attacking trump, wookies, and gardening, but can we all ask ourselves what and how to fix this mess we are in? Hell you know its time for change when "ELEMENTARY" schools are trying to implement books called "Do You Want To Play with my balls". Thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: allprowolfy

I tried. Yet like Wookie observed, this threads has in a performance art sort of way has illustrated a point about education.

What's worth learning unless it can generate an emotional response that will reward and promote ones status among the community.

Real conversations require listening and no one has time for that. Sadly Facebook may be the only book allowed in schools

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: allprowolfy

Yep!

It's quite obvious our school systems have instead of creating responsible citizens that can contribute to society, have done nothing more than create a bunch of self entitled Community Activists.

It's hard to argue when all one has to do is take a good look at how protesting has seem to become a new trend in having a career!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join