It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President to enact the ultimate power of office avail. to protect USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: D8Tee

sometimes the testimony of the applicant alone is enough to get them vetted in,

If true, that would not be a good policy.

In that video, right near the end, 40 minute mark.
Cruz gets Rodriguez to admit to this.
He squirms and says, 'yes, but it's tested against the country conditions' (whatever that means).
Jeff Sessions then unleashes on Rodriguez for taking too long to answer a simple question lol.
Final two minutes of that video.
edit on 5-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh.
Did they bring it up on Friday?

Depends how far into the courts the DOJ has to battle before we hear specific laws cited.

Updated 3:56 AM ET, Sun February 5, 2017

[Breaking news alert, 3:54 a.m.]

The Ninth Circuit Court has denied an immediate emergency motion request for an administrative stay of an injunction to stop the enforcement of President Donald Trump's nationwide travel ban. The court has asked for both sides to file legal briefs before the court makes a decision.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Depends how far into the courts the DOJ has to battle before we hear specific laws cited.

Wouldn't killing the TRO have been a good place to start?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

He said "“I am acknowledging that, yes, testimony can be the basis for the grant of a refugee, but it needs to be tested against other information that we know–about the country conditions, at a minimum."

Not a very satisfactory answer. I would like to know more about the "other information" that is used.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've been looking into what 'country conditions' could mean and am drawing a blank.
I can't make out much from the context it's used in and can't find a definition.
It's used several times in this document but I'm no further along understanding it.

In order to fully explore refugee claims and to identify any possible grounds of ineligibility, specially-trained USCIS officers conduct an in-person, in-depth interview of every principal refugee applicant. The officer assesses the credibility of the applicant and evaluates whether the applicant’s testimony is consistent with known country conditions.

Dept Homeland Security Document

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Will be something akin to this, probably more detailed:
www.justice.gov...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

It is a Federally appointed Judge, appointed by a Republican as well. He really made no decisions to the validity of the Executive Order, simple temporarily blocked its implementation until it is checked against the law by higher courts, in other words he passed the buck the next court. This is a part of the checks and balances and while I support the Trump E.O. I believe it was too hastily enacted and is too broad. Since they have already fixed the part of current green card holders, it will eventually be validated by the Supreme Court or not and we will move forward with a better vetting process and then the immigration can begin again...90 days is all
edit on 2/5/2017 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimbo999
Here's the Law that enables a President to actually ban any class of people from the country for as long as a President feels is needed if he deems these people to be a threat to the safety and security of the American People. This law has been used before by past presidents, and is completely constitutional. I for one am glad to see this Law being used once again. We are living in dangerous times with an enemy that is remorseless, brutal, and determined. This law covers any groups of people, any nationality, and any religion deemed dangerous by the President.

Judge James Robart, a Federal Judge out of Seattle, just BLOCKED Trump’s immigration ban nation wide. Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed the lawsuit claiming that the travel ban targets Muslims and violates constitutional rights of immigrants and their families. Never mind the fact that Trump’s executive order has NOTHING to do with religion.

But Donald Trump is not going to roll over and allow this. The White House is fighting back and will be filing a halt on the Judge’s ruling.

libertywritersnews.com...
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

that is the law. and the group deemed dangerous by everyone, he did not ban them, per required by the law you posted. SA
edit on 5-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: jimbo999
Here's the Law that enables a President to actually ban any class of people from the country for as long as a President feels is needed if he deems these people to be a threat to the safety and security of the American People. This law has been used before by past presidents, and is completely constitutional.

So are checks and balances. It's how our government works.

Trump got checked.

If I get a job and there's a 3 month probation period, I can be let go or sent away for ANY reason, I am not a regular employee yet and company benefits and rules don't apply to me, until I am a regular employee. Same with a green card or visa, constitutional rights apply to citizens. I can't go on a visa to the US and legally buy a gun and then proceed to conceal or open carry, I am not a citizen and therefore do not have that constitutional right. Immigrants and visitors I believe under the law, do not have any constitutional rights, they have human rights afforded by their visa. Any judge who blocked the ban based on constitutional rights is an idiot or has been bought off.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

Yup, there it is in all of it's legal glory.

Trump wins again.

We aren't supposed to be seeing that !!

<< 1  2   >>

join