It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's have a beer thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Here is my favourite , its a South Aussie beer . Eastern coast Aussies will say its crap but you only have to look at what they drink to see they are full of it .

Coopers pale ale is a good drop also .

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The Belgian beers I've had are all pretty mainstream. I have to drive over an hour for a decent selection. Buying them makes me apprehensive. Like stouts and heffenwiesen's, some are good, but many have given me that involuntary neck spasm that looks something like a dog trying a lemon.

I have a beer store a block away that has a wide variety of imports and craft beers. They know me by name.

With this particular brand of beer, it is classified as a dubbel, which is malty and not as hoppy as typical Belgian beers. Unfortunately the beer is not very consistent and I've had to poor a few out because they tasted awful. But I always go back because I'm still chasing the sensation I had when I first tried it. Sounds depressing.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Hmm. Bittersweet... You might have solved my IPA quandary.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Here a little 7.5% California IPA

What do you think of it?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I love all the beers.

All of em'!

But I dig being able to get buzzed quick on good tasting beer.

Once I hit the 10% beers and higher that is some serious stuff. After a few of those I get drunk.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I love racer 5. Sometimes it can be a little sweet but it's a great beer.

link   
a reply to: hutch622

I had never heard of that beer till this past Aussie day, then I saw it memed everywhere.

link   
Tofino Brewery's Pale Ale...

That is all.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Have you tried their kelp stout?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I have a Texas beer like that called Revolver. Some are perfect, some not so much. It's the kind of beer with a few millimeters of sediment that you swirl a few times before pouring it in a glass.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

I have a Texas beer like that called Revolver. Some are perfect, some not so much. It's the kind of beer with a few millimeters of sediment that you swirl a few times before pouring it in a glass.

That's exactly it. Maybe the sediment goes off.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

In the fridge as we speak. I live in a blessed region of the world that this tiny brewery serves as best they can...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Usually us islanders are known for drinking Lucky's.
edit on 4-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Tonights brew was Smoky Mountain Breweries Helles,a nice light lager that went wonderfully with pizza.Seriously considering hitting my last bottle of their barrel aged Russian Imperial stout.Support your local brewers,most are far better than the big brands.I do love Newcastles,Tecate,and many others,but local brews are great.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I don't currently have one in hand, but if they were not 2 days drive time I could go for a Pub Style Ale from Gritty McDuff's in Portland, Maine. Still the best draft I've ever had.

Sam Adams made a great bottled scotch ale that was the best mass-produced American beer in a bottle. Discontinued some years back.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I like the way you think. I've been wanting to visit this bar/brewery in NM that makes a barley-wine that is supposed to hover around the 15% mark.. Sounds like a lovely day.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
my favorite beer is whiskey.

but if i have to drink beer beer, tuborg is for me

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Wish I had known that two years ago when my wife and I drove there just for the hell of it. 4550 miles for a lobster roll. It was worth every penny.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
kelp stout?

Lol. I've never heard of such a thing. If I can find this locally I'll definitely be giving that a try.

I think the most out there stout I've ever had was a smoked bacon stout at a local microbrewery. That was good to try but nothing I could drink with any regularity.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Ozeki Saki, baby! Does that count?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join