It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Robart has some conflicts of interests

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Cigarettes

The people voted for Trump to be the president. Obviously the people want Trump to keep the foreigners out.

Nah! That's not obvious at all.

The people voted for Trump, to keep Hillary Clinton out of the oval office.

That's all.

Some of us voted for Trump, for several reasons. Keeping Hillary out of the White House was ONE of them.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Judge James Robart is the judge who initiated the temporary restraining order against 5 key parts of the now famous Trump Executive Order that "adjusts" the way people can travel from 7 countries listed as "terror" contributors.

Taking some close looks at Judge Robart's outside activities reveals some possible conflicts of interests !!

One is the fact that he has occasionally done pro bono (free) work with refugees.

He also apparently made some comments about Black Lives Matter and police shootings while on the Bench.

Could be some conflicts if his opinions get in the way of the Constitution (or the other way around).

Article has a run-down on the Judge....
James Robart: 5 things to know about judge who blocked travel ban

He has not gotten in the way of the constitution. This judge is an important part of the checks and balances of government. Pathetic attempt at discrediting him.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We wouldn't want to review those statistics of crime by race would we??a reply to: Phage

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
He has not gotten in the way of the constitution. This judge is an important part of the checks and balances of government.

But he has gotten in the way of Trump, which is much worse, so of course he must be discredited by the little trumpets.
edit on 4-2-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When Obama promised to crack down on illegal immigration he said:

"these actions are not only lawful...they are the kinds of actions taken by every president for the past half century. To those members of congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better...I have one answer. PASS A BILL!"

@2:00

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

When Obama promised to crack down on illegal immigration he said:

Guess what? Obama's EO was shot down by the courts, even though he claimed it was lawful.

edit on 2/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are talking about his illegal plan for amnesty.

The clip in the video I posted is when he was talking about cracking down on illegal immigration exactly how Trump intends to. Only Trump will actuall follow through instead of flip-flopping like Obama.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You are talking about his illegal plan for amnesty.

I am talking about what Obama was talking about.

The bottom line is, mass amnesty would be unfair. But mass deportation would be both impossible and contrary to our country’s character. That’s not who we are. That’s not who we are. (Applause.)

So what we are offering is accountability. It is accountability. It’s a common-sense, middle-ground approach. If you meet the criteria, you can come out of the shadows, you can get right with the law. If you are a criminal, you’re going to be deported. If you plan to enter the United States illegally, your chances of getting caught and sent back are going up.

And for those who don’t qualify under this rule, we’re still going to need legislation. But the actions I’ve taken are not only lawful, they’re the kinds of actions taken by every Republican President and every Democratic President for the past half century. (Applause.) Ronald Reagan took action to keep families together. The first President Bush took action to shield about 40 percent of undocumented immigrants at the time. This isn’t something I’m doing as if it’s never been done. This kind of thing has been done before.

You can read it here:
obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This judge is a radical leftist wacko. He has a rep for high-strangeness, poor judgements, and erratic behavior. However, he's all the Dems could find to go along with this obvious stupidity.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999

You know who appointed him, right?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

He's VERY easy to discredit actually. Even the local police union cannot stand the guy and characterize his as erratic and frankly, nuts.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimbo999
However, he's all the Dems could find to go along with this obvious stupidity.

Oh dear, yet another "Alternative fact" from you.
I suggest you do some research before you shoot yourself in the foot again!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cigarettes

The people voted for Trump to be the president. Obviously the people want Trump to keep the foreigners out.

Wrong. The people voted for Hillary. The electoral college voted for Trump.

I support Trump, btw. But it doesn't do us good to be dishonest. The left has to resort to that. We don't.

When they go low, we go high.
edit on 2/4/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

The majority in a few populous states voted for Hillary.
The majority in most states voted for Trump.

The popular vote is per state.
There is no such thing as a national popular vote in the US.

edit on 2/4/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I see no reference to a "national popular vote" but there is, indeed such a thing. Clinton got more votes.
edit on 2/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is not how our election works.
Each state has a popular vote.
I'm sure that you understand the electoral college.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yes I do know how the system works.
I did not say that the popular vote determines the president. Did I? Clearly, that is not the case. Because more people (a lot more) voted for Clinton.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimbo999

This judge is a radical leftist wacko. He has a rep for high-strangeness, poor judgements, and erratic behavior. However, he's all the Dems could find to go along with this obvious stupidity.

He's a Bush appointee. LOL

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Judge Robart:

The judge ended Monday's hearing by citing a statistic that claimed 41 percent of the shootings nationwide by police were of blacks.

"Black lives matter," he said, drawing an audible reaction in a courtroom, The Times reported.

Judge Robart added that the recent targeted shootings of police officers across the country signaled the importance of strengthening police and community relations.

Commissioner Enrique Gonzalez said he's "very encouraged that a federal judge has actually said that black lives matter, because now we know that not only is this movement happening in the streets ... even a federal judge has acknowledged that people of color have been on the receiving end of police brutality and this needs to change,"

Nah.... he is not biased at all.

source

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Trump is not Bush.
Bush was just as much establishment as the others.
There are many in the establishment, including judges, who do not want the old guard to lose power.

Trump is a whole different thing.
We need different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join