It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US trade war against China will make US worst and more isolated.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
There are real problems with foods from china. Mainly processed foods.

I don't buy anything from the mainland and rarely from Taiwan.

I'm in Hong Kong last 16 yrs and a chef.

Not just food.

I just bought a new lawnmower a couple of weeks ago to replace a US made Briggs and Stratton powered one as after 10 years it was starting to play up a little. it was getting cantankerous to start, was quite smokey and revved like it was about to go into orbit when I got it finally running.

I couldn't find anything with a non chinese engine, not even good old faithful Briggs and Stratton. So I thought stuff it and went cheap instead, I decided if I HAVE to buy Chinese made, they will get as few of my dollars as possible.

After just two hours running (2 hours!) I checked the oil and the dipstick had black build up on it. So I mowed some lawn to get the motor hot and drained the oil. I have NEVER seen such black oil, literally swimming with metal filings in my life from any engine, old or new.

So, what I paid for it will be a waste because I can pretty much guarantee that it will not last the distance if it is grinding it's internals away like that. I'm fairly certain it will stop with a loud bang long before it ought to.

What it did do though, was motivate me to repair the old USA engined one instead of dumping it like I was planning. After $20 for parts after some online research and about half an hour of swearing and cursing in conjunction with a full service it is running as good as new.

There are still some companies that focus on quality over price. Buy from them.
Buy from a brick and mortar business that has been doing it for 100 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm not sure if a further response is necessary after you posting that 60 years is ancient.

Actually starting a trade war and disrupting foreign relations could harm Hawai'i's tourism industry, specifically tourists from China, Japan, and the Philippines. They might not want to come to the US. Everything is imported into Hawaii, so bringing it to the US is not going to change anything. Having a 20% import tax on top of the already expensive cost of living in Hawaii is not going to help local consumers at all. His racist remarks brings concern to any native groups looking for rights.

Anyways, not specifically discussing the impact for each state, but back to general USA discussion, since the rest of the planet understands and is concerned about the serious threat of climate change, our current foreign customers might greatly reduced their needs for fossil fuels in the upcoming years, hurting our oil and coal exports.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

We're hardcore about what comes into the country. The European Union is stricter than the US, the rest of the world less strict than the US. For the quality of raw materials doesn't really matter as long as the "ingredients" are listed and there is some form of traceability. The thing is, companies want to stay in business and grow long term. No one is going to spend all this money investing into a production company only to have some dirty product that gets them in a massive lawsuit and the company shut down, and possibly jail time.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man
Definitely. Don't take me the wrong way. I fully support a clean product supply chain log. I guess what I was getting at is a curiosity about how cost would be increased because of the extra work that wold go into verifying the supply chain.

From what I understand based on the little I've looked into it the suppliers are, mostly, self-regulating when it comes to legally obtaining their goods and not using child labor. But that was based on the relationship of having the manufacturing done in China. So the raw material never hit the US.

I've got some more to look into about the way that works and if the process would be different if the factory is in the US. I've got to crash but thanks everybody for the good talk on this thread. Overall, good evening on ATS. Not too much bickering.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
There are real problems with foods from china. Mainly processed foods.

I don't buy anything from the mainland and rarely from Taiwan.

I'm in Hong Kong last 16 yrs and a chef.

Not just food.

I just bought a new lawnmower a couple of weeks ago to replace a US made Briggs and Stratton powered one as after 10 years it was starting to play up a little. it was getting cantankerous to start, was quite smokey and revved like it was about to go into orbit when I got it finally running.

I couldn't find anything with a non chinese engine, not even good old faithful Briggs and Stratton. So I thought stuff it and went cheap instead, I decided if I HAVE to buy Chinese made, they will get as few of my dollars as possible.

After just two hours running (2 hours!) I checked the oil and the dipstick had black build up on it. So I mowed some lawn to get the motor hot and drained the oil. I have NEVER seen such black oil, literally swimming with metal filings in my life from any engine, old or new.

So, what I paid for it will be a waste because I can pretty much guarantee that it will not last the distance if it is grinding it's internals away like that. I'm fairly certain it will stop with a loud bang long before it ought to.

What it did do though, was motivate me to repair the old USA engined one instead of dumping it like I was planning. After $20 for parts after some online research and about half an hour of swearing and cursing in conjunction with a full service it is running as good as new.

Ive had my B&S motor mower for 5 years now, starts first time every time, and im in Australia now thats quality.

EDIT: Apologies Op for sidetracking
edit on 5-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Really you couldn't be more wrong...
Even though China is sitting pretty its only because it is propped up by US intrest...
I wholeheartedly believe the US has no other option but to crush China and the time is now...
China has been played and are set up to take a major fall as mass jobs are moved and the US poised to grow so fast that the ridiculous national debt carried will literally melt away...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Like the liberal thinking,give in to the money,this is about the US regaining power,we are owned by China,they are trying to be a super power,can't let them become one at our expense,I'm shocked at the ignorance of young people,no buisness sense whatsoever,been handed too much things,if the kids ran the world,we already be communist,they don't care

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
What trade war are you talking about?

..that will make US "worst"?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Trump is hitting the Illuminati in the cojones.

The "hidden money" or the "play" is in the TRANSPORTATION OF MATERIALS AND GOODS.....and the ENERGY CONSUMED DOING SO.....this is how we have been "farmed" just ask Aristotle Oassis.By producing at home we exit this dynamic.Until free energy is released at which point the money skimmed off from transport will DISAPPEAR FOREVER and the only way to generate tangible not fiat dollars will be PRODUCTION......it will cost next to nothing to transport materials and goods globally.......things are now changing epiclly.

Trump is planning on denying these dynamics.

When you combine this with the decriminalisation of non-addictive MJ which was the black-market conduit for TPTB to access our kids and hook them on hard addictive drugs....to feed their TPTB owned Prison Economy.....you have 2 levels of serious attack on their money train.ADD the crippling of big pharma when MJs medicinal anti-parasitic benefits and the direct parasitic connection to ALL ILLNESSES are spread. Then the Industrial applications of hemp will impact globally as well further crippling TPTBs fiscal train.

Add a cashless economy and WHA-LA......you have a 3rd and even more devestating fiscal attack on TPTB/Illuminatti.

When you go cashless...you draw out TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS of dollars which have been squirrled away and hidden by criminals not paying taxes ...and the MILLISECOND after we go cashless all of that money not engaged in the financial system is USELESS.....if it has not been fully entered into the financial system and tax paid upon it ..YOU WILL LOSE IT ALL because you will not be able to enter it into said system.....so now BEFORE THIS 3RD STEP...TPTB might consider dumping these trillions into legitimate tax paying businisses ASAP...this alone will skyrocket the USA economy.Now TPTB will be RUNNING S FAST AS THEY CAN TO PAY DONALD TAXES AND TO INVEST THEIR MONEY ABOVE BOARD.

The fiat dollars are being deconstructed as are the systems that were used to produce them.

I predict a forced GLOBAL ECONOMIC EXPLOSION OF COMMERCE AND PROSPERITY BEYONE ANYONES IMAGINATION once free energy is released.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Can I read about Trump wanting a naval blockade?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join