It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US trade war against China will make US worst and more isolated.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Made in the USA matters.

If you build it, they will come.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We lost the trade war before it even started.

In todays economy you can't operate from a supply and demand platform.

Speculation in the name of the game now. Why do you think gas is still $3 a gal when there's a yugggeeee oil glut.

Who can back up their currency with gold? It's the US using fake money, not China. Who has the largest debt with China?

Asia isn't afraid of Trump...they laugh at his tough talking BS.

www.forbes.com...

edit on 4-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

No sir, wrong answer. "Learned in pre-school that the US is the enemy", got it.
I'm Sioux, True Native American, so the whole "US stole our land" angle doesn't work nor is applicable. Hawaii is a soverign state and one of fifty.
As for parties, don't get it crossed with actual spite, you're still an American therefore it is in your best interest to support YOUR country. To do so otherwise is treason.

Nobody ever said 100% all American, imports and exports do exist, but regardless you're turning a blind eye to our export deficiency, I'm guessing you don't know the actuall number otherwise you'll on the other fence as well.

We have had eight years to establish relationships, some prospered, others failed. This is a new pivot, an assertative pivot. Your time is over with. Get with the program or get out of the states.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: neo96

US cannot do a trade war against China because China has most of the Asian markets except Japan, Korea when it comes to tech.

Sure we could.

You get these companies to bring that cash back.

China is done for.

money.cnn.com...

They are only being propped up by US.

That is digital money wise. If US start blocking food import and exports. The side effect will start happening. You just hope Trump doesn't do that. So beware of US naval blockade of trade ships, that is the most worrying thing ever.

Whut?

A naval blockade?

1) Any US Naval vessel that tries to block ships from leaving harbors on the coasts of China would trigger a shooting war rather quickly, and would be a very insane (and stupid) thing to do as US warships would put themselves in serious trouble trying to do something like that.

2) One of the US Navy's primary missions is: To keep the sea lanes open. I know, I used to be part of that mission. Any warship trying to stop another country's trade vessels in international waters would be piracy.

The only way we would be doing either of those is if a actual shooting war was declared.

Where do people get these outrageous ideas from?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The other thing that happens is markets change, consumer buying habits change. If all production comes to the US, US factories will have to rely on the markets staying steady which won't happen. Consumers follow trends, and trends die off and change. There could be plans to build this new factory for this new toy that's not popular after a year. Technology evolves and people are gonna buy what they like. If Japan comes out with some out of this world 3-d simulation video game, people are going to buy it and not care that its not made in the USA. Why we want to bring all these headaches here, I don't know.

We also export tons of product and more production here in the US will also increase the need for more exports. If we stop buying product from the countries we export too then the market will be disrupted and may hurt our export business. Trump's idea is not simple at all but his supporters are going crazy over it as easy as flipping a light switch. The other thing about his flawed theory is that we don't believe in buying imports but we will go ahead and import into other countries? His attitude is sketchy.

Price is not necessarily driven by supply and demand together. If the demand is really high and the supply is good, the supplier may keep his prices high because they know the consumers will buy it no matter what. For example gasoline, who knows the true cost of the gas, we're complaining about paying $3 at the pump where the gasoline companies cost could be like $0.001/gallon. Who knows...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

They get those outrageous ideas from lack of knowledge about how things really work.

They are not involved in the day to day operations of import and export. You can't argue with them because they have no idea how things really work and will fall back on ideas or ideals to bolster their argument.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
There could be plans to build this new factory for this new toy that's not popular after a year.

No trap or trying to set you up for an argument, please correct me if I'm wrong...

I thought the majority of modern factories worked essentially on contract. Once the new thing came along the machines could be retooled and they would just go into production on the new thing.

Or multiple items being manufactured for multiple companies in a factory. That would help to prevent the failure of the factory through fluctuating markets.

That's just the way I thought it worked for most factories these days.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

No sir, wrong answer. "Learned in pre-school that the US is the enemy", got it.
I'm Sioux, True Native American, so the whole "US stole our land" angle doesn't work nor is applicable. Hawaii is a soverign state and one of fifty.
As for parties, don't get it crossed with actual spite, you're still an American therefore it is in your best interest to support YOUR country. To do so otherwise is treason.

Nobody ever said 100% all American, imports and exports do exist, but regardless you're turning a blind eye to our export deficiency, I'm guessing you don't know the actuall number otherwise you'll on the other fence as well.

We have had eight years to establish relationships, some prospered, others failed. This is a new pivot, an assertative pivot. Your time is over with. Get with the program or get out of the states.

How can I possibly have a wrong answer? That's is laughable you wrote that...you clearly have a huge ego. Um, The United States clearly stole the land from the Hawaiians and clearly disrespected them. I'm not expecting you to understand or have detailed knowledge of modern Hawaiian history. I am an American, you keep putting words in my mouth and told me to leave the country, you sound like a jerk. Back to the conversation, Hawaii would have been taken over anyways, and better it being taken over by the US, than by Japan, China, or Russia. That is common sense that everyone in Hawai'i knows. In no way I said the US is the enemy? Why would you lie like that? Thieves yes, racist, yes. Enemy? That is childish you wrote that and lied about me like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I know you are not asking me, but the majority of factories are product specific.
I'm talking about things other than tech and textiles.
They are built to build a specific thing or product.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Nobody cares about stealing land, that is ancient history and nothing is ever going to change that, stay on topic.

Secondly, I was stationed in HI and understand the culture and society, trust me.

Yes, I do have a large ego and I can be a jerk, and? ...so what does this have to do with the thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Companies will agree to contracts with factories to maintain a price and payment terms through an annual quarter or longer. The factories themselves are not going to destroy their machines at the end of the production. The machines used are very expensive and are factored into the cost of the goods. The factory will sell to as many customers as possible because they want to maximize their daily production to lower costs. Factories produce a variety of products typically for a specific industry and there are strict guidelines for the equipment used. If shoe sales are crashing and beer sales are up, the shoe factory is not going to turn into a distillery, it's going to go out of business.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden
It's all good, thanks for the info. I worked in a plastic factory briefly when I was a teenager. They made things for several companies; Dell, Brita, some car parts and dog food bowls.

The other company I mentioned earlier in this thread had some other products being made in their factories in China too, never found out what though. I just always figured that was a standard.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Hawai'i got statehood in 1959, not ancient history at all. Speak for yourself no one cares about stealing the land, that is rudely incorrect.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It is very dependent upon what the factory makes.

For example, a bottling factory that bottles a certain brand of soda, can be quickly changed in order to bottle a different soda.

However, it would require a complete gutting of the factory and almost all the equipment to be replaced to change it from the bottling factory, to one that makes car tires.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Privately owned factories will make the same product for many companies and let them brand however they want.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There are real problems with foods from china. Mainly processed foods.

I don't buy anything from the mainland and rarely from Taiwan.

I'm in Hong Kong last 16 yrs and a chef.

Fruits and veg are no problem, Aust, NZ, Taz, Thailand, Viet nam, Korea, Philippines, Japan, India, S.America can more than make up.

We have plenty of local produce, poultry and pork to go around. Food safety is strict here.

Cheap plastic crap the USA could probably do without anyway. lol.

Americans can start "decluttering" as my wife puts it.

Put a little more quality and less quantity in their lives.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I do speak for myself and yes it is ancient history. When the damned polynesians are put into reservations, then your crying is justified.

Again, this has nothing to do with the thread, stop deflecting.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
For industry specific factories like that it makes sense. I am interested in how bringing manufacturing back will be effected by supply chain laws. I think we're a little more hardcore about the origins of raw materials than countries through Asia.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

We have the raw materials here.
We don't have to buy them from somebody else.

edit on 2017-02-04T23:36:35-06:002201704America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
There are real problems with foods from china. Mainly processed foods.

I don't buy anything from the mainland and rarely from Taiwan.

I'm in Hong Kong last 16 yrs and a chef.

Not just food.

I just bought a new lawnmower a couple of weeks ago to replace a US made Briggs and Stratton powered one as after 10 years it was starting to play up a little. it was getting cantankerous to start, was quite smokey and revved like it was about to go into orbit when I got it finally running.

I couldn't find anything with a non chinese engine, not even good old faithful Briggs and Stratton. So I thought stuff it and went cheap instead, I decided if I HAVE to buy Chinese made, they will get as few of my dollars as possible.

After just two hours running (2 hours!) I checked the oil and the dipstick had black build up on it. So I mowed some lawn to get the motor hot and drained the oil. I have NEVER seen such black oil, literally swimming with metal filings in my life from any engine, old or new.

So, what I paid for it will be a waste because I can pretty much guarantee that it will not last the distance if it is grinding it's internals away like that. I'm fairly certain it will stop with a loud bang long before it ought to.

What it did do though, was motivate me to repair the old USA engined one instead of dumping it like I was planning. After $20 for parts after some online research and about half an hour of swearing and cursing in conjunction with a full service it is running as good as new.
edit on 4-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join