It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More pics from Iraq..(not graphic)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As promised, a few more images.

I added the first one as i thought it sums up the feeling among the troops over there.

I think these images say a lot. The ones of the family brings it all home to me. I cannot imagine what they have been through.

The people sat on the road under guard speaks a 1000 words. They are obviously wanting some kind of help. The gesture of surrender is all they probably know that will make them understood to our troops.

The second picture is the road to Basrah.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just thought i would add this to this post.

I received two U2U's today regarding this thread. I don't want to name the people that sent them , but they are not happy about me posting pics of Iraq suffering etc?

I maybe have to assume they are either from Iraq, or sympathizers to the insurgents cause. I hate to have to end this this thread because i have a lot more pics to show.

I will be forwarding the relevant U2U's to the mods once i have established the reason why these two people have taken great offense to what i posted. I must also add that a member that is now banned wished my son dead because he was in the British Army. The mods sorted that for me.
The replies i have had via U2U lead me to believe that the same member who i mentioned above , is now back in the forum under a different name. I'm just speculating at the moment, but i will get to the bottom of this.

So until i can get to the root cause of their problem, i will not be posting any more pics.

To be honest, i cant see how the pics i posted can be taken as offensive. Maybe its just me?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
To be honest, i cant see how the pics i posted can be taken as offensive. Maybe its just me?

There's nothing offensive about them at all, its great your posting them

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

There's nothing offensive about them at all, its great your posting them

Thanks for the positive response. It just bothers me that some people have taken great offence against them.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
rock on Bikereddie,!!!! Why can we not se the good in iraq, as well as the evil each night on the news.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
rock on Bikereddie,!!!! Why can we not se the good in iraq, as well as the evil each night on the news.

My point exactly mate.

But like a said. I have had two bad comments directed at me that i do not think i am worthy of. Nor are the troops come to that.

The fact that people back up my pictures and see them for what they are worth, makes me think that i am at least showing the world who only gets to see the media coverage of what is happening over there. At least they get to see the truth of what is happening over there through the eyes of the serving troops.

Maybe i should ignore the derogatory remarks made by the minority that are directed to-wards me through U2U?

At least they haven't got the guts to write on the forum eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
OK, for those of you that responded to this thread, i got the problem sorted out regarding the U2U's.

The people in question have apologized for what they said to me , and now understand my sentiments for posting the above pictures.

In a way, I'm glad i got this sorted without resorting to the mods for help. Makes for a good forum when you can sort things on your own eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice one mate!

Yet again another good job!
How's your son BTW?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Nice one mate!

Yet again another good job!
How's your son BTW?

He is fine, thanks for asking.

He is at Basrah palace right now and the conditions are bad.
He has said there are still dead bodies rotting in the streets, but they cant move them for fear of boobytraps etc. pretty sad eh when you think there are families waiting to findout if thier loved one are going to be coming home.

I just want him home safe and sound right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes it is sad, I'm sure we all want him and the thousands like him back right now....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Yes it is sad, I'm sure we all want him and the thousands like him back right now....

Thanks for the response. I tend to send him remarks made on this forum now and again.

He has access to the INTERNET, and is a member of this forum, so he will get to see the relevant threads etc.

Any thing that can make those lads out there feel good is always appreciated.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
War is #... so is being poor... kids dont know this yet so i guess that why they are still smiling for the being... Got to hand it to kids, they always have hope.
It just sickens me sometimes when rich asshole that dont give a damn about his fellow man... They have the most power since in this world MONEY is the bottem line... I do what little I can to help, its still better then doing nothing.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
double post... sorry.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by beyondSciFi]

No problem mate. your senitments are there where it matters.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
But what about these pictures?
Are u se it before?
Whate u comment ?
Please must your opinion realistic?!
It is made of us soldier in iraq

EDIT: Thread is titled for non-graphic pictures. Please post graphic pictures on another thread with the appropriate titling please... Thanks.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Marinz!!! Shame on you. There are dozens of posts with the graphics pics. This thread is not about that stuff. I cannot mention what I think of you right now, detroying the sentiment of this post.

Mods, please edit Marinz's pics out of this thread, he has plenty of other threads that make a better home for them.

Shame on YOU!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I echo the words of skippytjc

remove those disguesting pictures from this thread

edit: thanks for removing them Gazrok

[edit on 7-2-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinz
Are u se it before?
Whate u comment ?

Look mate, if you want a thread about how bad the war is Make one or hell I'll make one for ya.
Here's a pic from iraq....

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinz
Are u se it before?
Whate u comment ?

EDIT: Thread is titled for non-graphic pictures. Please post graphic pictures on another thread with the appropriate titling please... Thanks.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Gazrok]

Why the hell would you want graphic pictures marinz?

The idea of this thread was to show what it is like for our troops over there right now. I could have posted a lot of graphic images and made comments about them all.

Do you really want to see innocent hostages with their heads hacked off? Do yo want to see children dismembered by suicide bombers?
If your answer is yes, then i suggest you leave ATS and join some other sick site that caters for you tastes.

Hell, these pictures are innocent and you have the nerve to want to see gratuitous gore and violence.

Enough said about this before i get myself a warning.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
another side of the war in iraq
we must be more reality

(Mod EDIT--Thread is titled for non-graphic pictures. )

[edit on 9-2-2005 by abd101]

[edit on 9-2-2005 by asala]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by abd101
another side of the war in iraq
we must be more reality
[edit on 9-2-2005 by abd101]

Why is everyone here trying to post pictures with the death and destruction in iraq?
Hell, thats like going inside a hospital and claiming its all one persons fault!
This is supposed to be a haven from the death and destruction.
This is the thread to show what little light is left in iraq, if you want a thread to shout, yell, scream, mame, insult or what ever against the war in iraq make your own thread!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join