It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump will be blamed for the next Radical Islamic terrorist attack on US soil.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What if there's a terror attack on one of Trump's domestic commercial properties, and the perpetrators are American citizens, newly radicalized here on home soil? Can we blame Trump?

How about blaming the terrorists ?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

No, that's not where the problem begins. There are many different types of terrorists, each w/various reasons for choosing violent extremism.

For example, radical Imams have nothing to do with the people who resort to violence because their families were killed in drone strikes. Radical Imams have nothing to do with the ones who become literal mercenaries for hire, like many of the black ops "terrorist" groups that serve as the foot soldiers in many proxy wars. And radical Imams have nothing to do with the ones who join their local paramilitary "gang" for the same reason that kids in other countries join gangs and organized crime rings (aka, reasons such as poverty, social status, to prove they're tough, etc).

Many countries (including some of our allies in the region) even label political opponents and journalists as "terrorists". And some groups that our allies label "terrorists" are actually highly respected in their own demographic, which further complicates it. For example, plenty of our enemies would consider the Marines and Navy Seals to be terrorists; but to our public, they're given a near "hero" status. So which are they? If people aren't willing to differentiate between Islamic denominations and sects, why would I expect them to differentiate between the types of people who are labeled extremists and terrorists?

I've thought about doing a thread about this stuff, but frankly speaking, a lot of people here disgust me on this issue. I've said it plenty of times; I'm on neither "side" on this because from my perspective, both "sides" are full of bloodthirsty monsters who gleefully justify killing, oppressing, and attacking innocent civilians. But I have no problem talking about this w/the people who reject the violence from both sides and actually want to create a lasting & mutual peace. But good luck finding people who really believe in that. Even some posts in this thread seem to be almost hoping for a new attack just so they can prove a political point.
edit on 7-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
No, that's not where the problem begins. There are many different types of terrorists, each w/various reasons for choosing violent extremism.
For example, radical Imams have nothing to do with the people who resort to violence because their families were killed in drone strikes. Radical Imams have nothing to do with the ones who become literal mercenaries for hire, like many of the black ops "terrorist" groups that serve as the foot soldiers in many proxy wars. And radical Imams have nothing to do with the ones who join their local paramilitary "gang" for the same reason that kids in other countries join gangs and organized crime rings (aka, reasons such as poverty, social status, to prove they're tough, etc).

Briefly ....

I'll just put three names out here although in reality there are very very many

Anjem Choudrey, Omar Bakri Mohammed, Abu Hamza, They among the many

others preached hate and the killing of infidels, addressing large groups in public

in community groups and in universities. I have seen them interviewed on the

TV at rallies, their faces twisted in hate, while they drum up support for various

terror groups. I'm not even sure if the families are aware of the radilisation that

goes on .... as terrorists when caught or killed are said by their own families to

be quiet good religious young men/women? How can that be?

You are comparing apples with oranges bringing up families killed in drone strikes

because many of their families are in the UK they have taken it on themselves to go

out to the war torn countries in the ME who in many cases are fighting each other,

Assad has been killing his own people in a civil war and in at attempt to remain in

charge.

Many countries (including some of our allies in the region) even label political opponents and journalists as "terrorists". And some groups that our allies label "terrorists" are actually highly respected in their own demographic, which further complicates it. For example, plenty of our enemies would consider the Marines and Navy Seals to be terrorists; but to our public, they're given a near "hero" status. So which are they? If people aren't willing to differentiate between Islamic denominations and sects, why would I expect them to differentiate between the types of people who are labeled extremists and terrorists?

Countries/Nations have always had armies to *protect their people*?You know

you're in trouble when you are facing an army? But where does one stand with a

couple on a train with a loaded back pack ..... or a man with a gun walking along

a beach full of holiday makers ..... or a venue of music in a Capital city ..... I

could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

I support no religion, but had general religious education at school and I can

conclude that what generally came over was *God* in all his forms was a peaceful

entity who preached more than anything to love and honor thy neighbour, the only

hate I personally have seen is ......... the raging of hate preachers like the ones I

mentioned at the begining of my post calling for the death of ALL infidels...

*Love thy neighbour*
Thats a whole different ball game

edit on 7-2-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join