It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga "I believe in the spirit of equality"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
www.nytimes.com...

“The only statements that I’ll be making during the halftime show are the ones that I’ve been consistently making throughout my career,” Lady Gaga said. “I believe in a passion for inclusion. I believe in the spirit of equality, and that the spirit of this country is one of love and compassion and kindness. My performance will uphold those philosophies.”

O God please just stop. Football and Politics don't go together. Americans want to watch Football. Not a rich kid who has everything going for him in his life and thinks he's being oppressed by racist white cops to make a statement. Or a overpaid celebrity singer who thinks her opinion means more than mine or yours. When my vote counts just as much as your vote does: 1. And the Spirit of equality? You mean this equality?

The ability to voice your opinion without fear of being shot?

or

This equality:

If we're talking about equality pretty sure a normal person would have all there electronic devices confiscated by now. But then again i studied Criminal Justice in college and was taught about the Birthday Cake Criminal Justice Model. The sheep which includes poor, middle, and upper class, but then the 2nd layer is Celebrity with an insane amount of cash to buy there way out of anything and fame which the upper doesnt have, and 3rd Politicians. Who have all the right connections to keep themselves out of prison. *Cough* Hillary Clinton *ends *Cough*

Seriously as someone who has an actually degree in Criminal Justice:Law Enforcement Comey wasn't even trying to hide the fact that she's Guilty. But I guess when Obama was your boss you're not allowed to have the Law go after his chosen successor.

And then there's

I believe in a passion for inclusion
which I can only assume will be targetting President Trumps TEMPORARY HALT ON IMMIGRATION FROM 7 MUSLIM NATIONS. WHICH the definition of inclusion states:

the action or state of including or of being included within a group or structure.

If Lady Gaga went to any of the countries on Trumps Ban List dressed the way she dresses they will be extremely welcoming to her. They might even arrest her on sight if she isnt fully covered up with only eyes to see. O and if she isn't with a Male Member of her family thats a death sentence.

She also believes in spirit cooking! Podesta anyone?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Just football? Why the big halftime shows and commercials people work all year on and spend millions a minute on?

it's always fun to stumble across a thread that you can't make any intelligent rebuttal to or commentary on and find those comments that you just clutch at anything you can, just to be contrary to somebody who disagrees with a member of the left.

Utterly irrelevant comments, but damned if you can't help but attempt to argue anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I wonder if people realize how much they sound like the anti-Trump crowd when they pile on Lady Gaga before she even has a chance to perform. Kinda like the left started blaming Trump before he was even sworn in. Wtf is with the pre-reactionary crap constantly from both sides? Enough, just enough.

Give her a chance to perform or don't watch it. If you want to comment after feel free to do so... if she makes it political she deserves it.

Why is everybody crapping all over her for something she hasn't done yet? Hypocrite much?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Not a rich kid who has everything going for him in his life and thinks he's being oppressed by racist white cops to make a statement.

But it's cool to have a rich man-child who had everything going for him in his life and thinks he's being oppressed by liberal college students make executive orders?

Trump was a Democrat for 30+ Years. He's more liberal than Conservative. His own kids couldn't vote for him in the primaries because they were still registered as Democrat.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I see an enabling sense of camaraderie amongst some of the posts, and if that is how they wish to relate to one another then I do not hold it against them.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I wonder if people realize how much they sound like the anti-Trump crowd when they pile on Lady Gaga before she even has a chance to perform. Kinda like the left started blaming Trump before he was even sworn in. Wtf is with the pre-reactionary crap constantly from both sides? Enough, just enough.

Give her a chance to perform or don't watch it. If you want to comment after feel free to do so... if she makes it political she deserves it.

Why is everybody crapping all over her for something she hasn't done yet? Hypocrite much?

i'll give her a chance to perform. Just like i gave Obama a Chance to be President.But if she pulls a beyonce like at the last sb well then "I told you so".

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The entertainment industry has been quite predictable towards their feelings to Trump.

I would be quite shocked if Gaga wasn't mean-spirited, petulant, partisan.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

i'll give her a chance to perform. Just like i gave Obama a Chance to be President.But if she pulls a beyonce like at the last sb well then "I told you so".

Won't be "I told you so" because if she does then I'll agree wholeheartedly with you.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The entertainment industry has been quite predictable towards their feelings to Trump.

I have no doubt she feels the same way as the rest of the industry. I'm just hoping she'll do her job without having to go all Madonna during the show. Might be too much to hope for.

You can't deny the parallels here between the same type of pre-outraged anti-Trump commentary though.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I have no doubt she feels the same way as the rest of the industry. I'm just hoping she'll do her job without having to go all Madonna during the show. Might be too much to hope for.

You can't deny the parallels here between the same type of pre-outraged anti-Trump commentary though.

No one can see the future, but the odds are in favor of her being partisan..

It would be out of character for her not to be.

So there is merit in thinking that she will be insulting.

Care to place a friendly wager on her actions?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Credit to DB, in this case, I guess... I just thought I'd chime in with some light-hearted ribbing.

I think originally, I was going to respond to him, for fun, but I saw your comment. Glad you could work something out, though.

(Go Seahawks!)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

They have..... specially on allowing unfettered immigration and singing the

praises of diversity.

What do they actually know about immigration? secluded in their

spacious high fenced gated properties .....

And diversity?....when do they ever mix with the hoi poli who pay for their

guilded life styles

Anytime they are out in public they are surrounded by security guards.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If you feel this way why draw attention to it?

The Conservative whine.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Lady Gaga has always woven messages of inclusion and equality into her performance--even before all the stars jumped on the bandwagon with political statements--and her quoted statement seems innocuous when taken in context with her normal performances.

As to Madonna -- not sure why she's in the OP but never been a fan because her music has always reminded me of 1960s AM pop radio. Lady Gaga has more vocal range, artistry, and appeal for me although I've never purchased any of her music, either.

As to the Super Bowl -- I stopped watching the NFL when Bob Costa thought his opinion was important to viewers and he had a duty to go bat sh*t crazy with an anti-gun rant triggered by the Belcher murder/suicide. Haven't watched a second of football since except if covered during a sports update. No big loss since I've always been a rabid hockey fan.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Care to place a friendly wager on her actions?

Being hopeful is not the same as being stupid

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Why does a celebrity's opinion matter more than yours?

Because YOU made them a celebrity, silly.

DUH!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

DUH!

Noway! Hollyweird picks their own weirdo celebrities. Just look at Golden Globe Awards, there's a reason they call it Golden Globe Bribes!

side note:
Halftime is usually the time when everyone goes and takes a dump.... While Lady Gaga is singing most people will be listening to their toilets flush.

edit on 4-2-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

Who is Lady gaga? I listen to talent like Dio and other metal bands

She's the one that needs to dress in meat so even her dog will like her.

Good thing she has money, not saying she's ugly but....damn is she homely!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Madonna and gaggag are both very trashy low class people. Just watch their sick twisted videos and ask yourself if that is how you would like your Mother, daughter, or wife to act. Madonna says in that video about the revolution of love then says blow up the white house? These women are trashy , nasty and plain ignorant. So worried about the illegal immigrants and their feelings , yet will take a dump on Christians with a nasty smile on their vile faces. I really am boggled that the opinion of harlots are so significant to the lefties.

edit on 4-2-2017 by savagediver because: cause I wanted to

edit on 4-2-2017 by savagediver because: I wanted to again

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

DUH!

wasnt me i dont listen to Gaga.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join