It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sabbath's final show tonight after 50 years , Farewell Lads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Black Sabbath , four lads from Birmingham West Midlands who invented a genre and stormed the world , they were an inspiration for many a musician who's songs will long be covered , who in a band hasn't jammed Paranoid or had it in the set cause it's a sure fire winner.

Tonight sees the lads return to Birmingham to give their final farewell to their home crowd , no doubt it will be an emotional evening but all good things come to an end.
I was fortunate enough to see them on their first original line up comeback tour in the 90s although sadly Bill was sick so I never got to see the full lineup , I was gutted but they rocked and played everything I wanted to hear , still gutted though.

Who was doing anything like this in 1970.

The Wizard

The superb NIB

Never Say Die 1978 , the final Sabbath tour with Ozzy and probably the best show recorded.

They may retire but there'l always be a Sabbath.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Saw them at the 02 in London on Tuesday, friggin awesome show. They will definitely be missed.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saw them at the Palace of Auburn Hills last year... I was pleasantly surprised at just how awesome they were! And they only played off of their original line up albums... first 3 (4?) and their newest.. which is decent.

Bill was not there and I'm pretty sure he won't be there tonight ether.. I read that Ozzy basically wanted to pay him as a touring drummer not an original member so he said no way... also I think his sobriety has something to do with it..
fill In guy was good, great actually.. but is there any replacement for that OG Rythm section? Me thinks not...

Either way, glad they are calling it quits instead of burning out.. they truly were a great band and anyone who enjoys heavy music owes them their respect.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Couldnt agree more!

The opening of the song Black Sabbath is just so ominous, so heavy...
For me one of my favorite songs of their is actually not one of the more popular songs but it just works...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Very well done song, wonder why it wasn't more popular?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I saw them at a rock concert along with Blue Oyster Cult back in 72 or 3 or maybe 4. It was a rock festival in Kansas City where the festival took over a whole amusement park for the day. Cost about $15 for admission with all the rides and music free once you were in. That was one hell of a day.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Good God, Man!

68-72 is probably my favorite time frame for music... all the greats were pretty much at their prime .. being born In 85 im at a bit of a chronological disadvantage..I'm jealous of you!

Best I got is Radiohead/Rage against the machine/ NIN in the same weekend...

Maybe TOOL and Primus on a halloweeen...

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

That and Black Sabbath are what made me a lifelong fan of metal and especially darkly imaged metal.

Also, Fairies wear Boots had a certain charm ...
edit on 4/2/2017 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They've been saying this since I was 16, probably longer.

We'll see.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I read the other day Ozzy saying similar, tat he regretted trying to end so early, and that he's gonna continue his solo music, but 'apparently' this is it, and I believe it, just cause of age.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Black Sabbath and Deep Purple... two bands I never got the chance to see live in concert.

My favourite Sabbath song:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I saw sabbath a couple times in the 90's!

Love me some sabbath!

Ahhhhh good times, good times.

Life unfortunately gets us all.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sabbath is and will always be one of the greatest rock bands of all time.
I like Ozzy but I was always partial to the Ronnie James Dio Sabbath years.
I have seen Sabbath in concert quite a few times over the years, also Dio and Ozzy many times in their solo years.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Daaaaaamn! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Sabbath has been my favorite band throughout my life. Had the privilege to see them in 2013 in Philly. Ozzy sounded waaay better than he did when I saw him on the Merry Mayhem Tour in 01.

I'm sure this time it really is it. Oh well, I'd of liked to see them again but they did play Supernaut when I saw them, SUPERNAUT! And a whole host of other greats including Hand of Doom, Under the Sun, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Let's hope that they shall never be forgotten!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Also if anyone knows if this will be livestreamed PLEEEAAAASSSSE lemme know! Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow, O thought they were going to stream the last show or somethin, no?

Here is Frank Zappa and one of my favorite BS numbers.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I guess they are streaming their last song live on Facebook from what I can gather (don't do FaceCrook).

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The father of my daughters best friend is Geezers tech guy. I will have to ask him how it went next time I see him.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ugggggghhhhhh of course on farcebook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One place I shall never roam!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I saw them last year, they were great! ozzy sounded better than I expected.
I bought a # load of merch including a signed cd.

I'm getting old, Guns n roses in two weeks...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join