It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Perfectly Explains the Hypocrisy of the "Pro-Life" Argument

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

denial is all you can throw. Even when Bill Gates admits what they want to do, and have been doing through vaccinations from his own mouth and you want to deny it. Forced abortions illegal in China?... The Chinese government has been forcing abortions, and even killing "illegal children"...

Let's see what you have to say about "women'srightswithoutfrontiers.org"...

Of course you are going to make another false narrative trying to dismiss even what a women's right group has to say about China still forcing abortions. Not to mention that single women still become criminals under Chinese laws if they become pregnant.

Posted on August 9, 2016 by Reggie Littlejohn
2) Forced abortion continues. It is still illegal for single women to have babies in China, and for couples to have third children. It appears that some may be given an opportunity to pay a fine, but Li Bo tells “those who couldn’t afford the fine to terminate their pregnancies.” In other words, if a woman is illegally pregnant and cannot pay the fine – which can be as much as ten times her annual salary – she is forced to abort. Forced abortion, therefore, continues under the Two-Child Policy.

3) Women pregnant without permission are considered criminals. Li Bos statement that women who are pregnant without permissionwere breaking it (the law) so it is just like the clash between a policeman and a thief demonstrates that such pregnancies are still considered illegal; and illegally pregnant women are regarded lawbreakers deserving of punishment, just like thieves.

www.womensrightswithoutfrontiers.org...

What, you don't trust a women's right group because they are "trying to defend lives"?...

Here is a BBC article from May 2016.

By Lucy Ash BBC News, China

4 May 2016
From the section Magazine

"People didn't swear at us but they probably did behind our backs," he says. "It's natural because we were carrying out the law and they were breaking it so it is just like the clash between a policeman and a thief."

He adds that as long as restrictions are in place, such clashes will continue.
He was bundled into a minivan and taken to a nearby hotel where the beatings continued.
"They were kicking my son and slamming him against the floor," says the mother. "I just couldn't bear it any more so I called my daughter-in-law to say 'Let's give up the baby.'"
"I made a phone call to the local discipline inspection," says the father. "But I was told that they couldn't intervene in the work of family planning officers - those guys are so powerful they just do whatever they want."

Reinventing China's abortion police

The fines people in China have to pay vary from area to area, and can be from 3 times the annual salary of a couple, to 10 times their annual salary, which most people can't pay, hence abortions are forced, and will continue to be forced on people in China.

You think the coercion, beatings, and murders by Chinese officials of "illegal children" will end?

Two-Child Policy Abuses: WRWF Files Complaint Against China at the United Nations
Posted on August 4, 2016 by Reggie Littlejohn

Characterizing this latest modification as “abandoning” the One-Child Policy is misleading. A two-child policy will not end any of the human rights abuses caused by the One Child Policy, including forced abortion, involuntary sterilization or the sex-selective abortion of baby girls. Read the full hearing transcript here, including statements by Co-Chairs Representative Christopher Smith and Senator Marco Rubio:

www.cecc.gov...

Coercion is the core of the policy. Instituting a two-child policy will not end forced abortion or forced sterilization. As blind activist Chen Guangcheng succinctly tweeted:

This is nothing to be happy about. First the #CCP would kill any baby after one. Now they will kill any baby after two. #ChinaOneChildPolicy

edit on 7-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpts.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's not denial.

It's not reading right wing sensationalism.

Forced abortions are illegal in China.

Does it still happen? I already said it happens on local levels. But, it is illegal.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Abortion can be one of the most unselfish decisions you ever make.

Any idiot can reproduce and plenty do without any thought or plan to the care and welfare of the result.

----------------------------------------------------

I consider the health of the soul more valuable then a physical body.

But, once that body takes its first breath - - - the energy consciousness enters it and becomes part of it. Not before. If the physical is terminated - - - it has no affect on the eternal energy consciousness. That eternal consciousness simply moves on to a new host.

Now, are you going to tell me my belief is wrong?

I do not believe in a God.

Wow. Yes, I can say your beliefs are wrong. I think this may have been some of the craziest things I have read on ATS and I have been on here a long time. Unselfish? In what way? Hey, not really feeling like dealing with another kid, I am just gonna kill ya, since I am so all about you. . OK. My guess is there is a whole lot of true guilt going on disguised as righteous indignation.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: llpoolej

Abortion can be one of the most unselfish decisions you ever make.

Any idiot can reproduce and plenty do without any thought or plan to the care and welfare of the result.

----------------------------------------------------

I consider the health of the soul more valuable then a physical body.

But, once that body takes its first breath - - - the energy consciousness enters it and becomes part of it. Not before. If the physical is terminated - - - it has no affect on the eternal energy consciousness. That eternal consciousness simply moves on to a new host.

Now, are you going to tell me my belief is wrong?

I do not believe in a God.

Wow. Yes, I can say your beliefs are wrong. I think this may have been some of the craziest things I have read on ATS and I have been on here a long time. Unselfish? In what way? Hey, not really feeling like dealing with another kid, I am just gonna kill ya, since I am so all about you. . OK. My guess is there is a whole lot of true guilt going on disguised as righteous indignation.

What a surprise it took this long.

Please give me One, just One unselfish reason to bring a kid into this world.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Don't have one. Why did your ancestors bring them into the world?

What other world is there?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Wait - I just thought of one! So they can go on ATS and tell everyone their opinions about stuff!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Yes, it is denial, and you trying to claim that anything that disagrees with your fantasy world = "right-wing sensationalism" just shows that you have no true argument whatsoever.

You know, the fact that you just want to "believe" the CCP propaganda over Chinese people, or anyone else who has experienced what really happens in China is more, and more proof that you simply want to "deny" anything that contradicts your fictitious narrative.

Another courageous article from Shanghai online news portal Sixth Tone describes the continued desperation of re-married women in Guangdong.

Six months pregnant, Anxiang and her husband were forced to choose between aborting her pregnancy or losing their government jobs, because they had violated Chinas new Two-Child Policy. They had thought that they were allowed to have another child, but were caught in an omission regarding remarried women in Guangdong Province. At the end of July, they were told to abort, or face fines and dismissal.

Because it was too late in the pregnancy to abort via medication or suction, Anxiang (not her real name) had to abort via induction. On August 1, she had an injection to terminate her daughter. Two days later, she was induced and went through labor in order to deliver the still-born child. The next day she sent a heartbreaking message to the WeChat group of remarried couples in Guangdong.I saw my daughter. She didnt move. She was dead.

But I am certain you are going to once again make a claim that "this is right-wing sensationalism"...

Forced abortions are not illegal, the Chinese government still uses forced abortions to this day.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Bringing a child to this world and taking care of that child in itself is unselfish. Parents have to put the needs of their children first. They have to forget about having a full night's rest until their children are old enough. They must find the way to provide and take care for that child even if they themselves have to suffer to provide for that child.

Give us One reason why you think having an abortion, that is not to really save the life of a mother, is unselfish? and please don't give us that claim "there are children who are alive that could be adopted". Because I can tell you that there are many parents who can't have children and have tried to adopt to simply be denied adoption, even when they fulfill all requirements to be able to adopt.

Se ven out of eight couples who try to adopt children fall by the wayside: More than 22,000 would-be parents are rejected by social workers

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Bringing a child to this world and taking care of that child in itself is unselfish.

How is that unselfish?

Did that child ask you to do that?

You're doing it for you.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Give us One reason why you think having an abortion, that is not to really save the life of a mother, is unselfish?

I had an abortion for the welfare of my 2 living children.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

How is that unselfish?

Selfish parents wouldn't care about their child, and would put their needs before the needs of the child. We see many examples of selfish parents. Parents who beat their kids, abuse them physically and emotionally, etc.

Seriously?... How do you know the child didn't want to live? All living beings want to live. Children want to be loved, they want to learn, they are curious about the world. All you have to do to see whether a child wanted to be born and live is watch them grow up in a loving environment, with loving parents.

You're doing it for you.

Ahh, so in your opinion good parents don't get enough sleep to take care of their child because they are selfish?
Good parents put the needs of their children first before theirs because they are selfish?
Good parents love their child more than their own lives because they are selfish?

edit on 9-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Your argument is solely based on your own emotions and your own need.

How do I know a child did not ask to be born?

Really? That's your logical answer.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Riiight, because in your opinion caring about another life more than your own is selfish... Gotcha.

I feel for you if you actually think that bringing a child to this world is selfish.

BTW, your argument is not really about logic. You think "bringing a child of this world is selfish" is based on your own emotions and your own views. It's not "because Anne knows the child didn't want to be born"...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
A realistic religious view for once! I've seen many become parents and do a sh!tty job. Creating a child should be a priveldge, not a right. Abortion helps prevent people from being bad parents. It's not like our massive population requires an increase in newborns.

It can be a very selfish thing to have a baby. It's becomes a desire to be a mother then when they actually have to take care of it they don't.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
A realistic religious view for once! I've seen many become parents and do a sh!tty job. Creating a child should be a priveldge, not a right. Abortion helps prevent people from being bad parents. It's not like our massive population requires an increase in newborns.

It can be a very selfish thing to have a baby. It's becomes a desire to be a mother then when they actually have to take care of it they don't.

In a world where any radical breakthrough in ai, and they won't even be able to work for a living. A world of ever greater automation, climate change, resource depletion. With a mortal diseased body bound to a short life, forced to do pointless thing after pointless thing against their will.

This is the reality of today.

One day work will be truly optional, and a way to cover the costs of living will have been settled by the classes. Advanced medical technology will mean they will be able to have sex std free, if they fall of a horse and break their back, they won't be permanently crippled, if they lose a limb it will be substituted by a working limb. They won't get heart disease or cancer. They won't suffer from aging, or debt slavery. But even in such a world resources are limited and to provide everyone with adequate resources, the number of people must be regulated.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Bringing a child to this world and taking care of that child in itself is unselfish.

How is that unselfish?

You're doing it for you.

So your argument is then that everything is selfish.

I see a homeless man, I give him $10, thats selfish.

I see a homeless man. I kill him, thats selfish.

No difference between the two, right?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

How is that unselfish?

You're doing it for you.

So your argument is then that everything is selfish.

I see a homeless man, I give him $10, thats selfish.

I see a homeless man. I kill him, thats selfish.

No difference between the two, right?

I'm not elaborating. You and others are.

I asked one question.

Give ONE unselfish reason to bring a kid into this world.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Riiight, because in your opinion caring about another life more than your own is selfish... Gotcha.

Those are your words. I said nothing about someone already living.

ONE question. ONE unselfish reason to bring another kid into this world.

And don't tell me the kid asked to be born.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just more of the same garbage. Justify killing babies however you want. I don't know a single person that is against abortion that wants a child to go hungry or homeless. It's made up BS. Oh and don't forget the "unless you adopt a kid" argument. Well unless you are going to personally house illegals or immigrants then you can't be against border security and immigration reform. Oh, your tax dollars pay to help them? Our tax dollars also help feed hungry kids and provide shelter to them too.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So at month 9 women can abort their babies in your view. Got it.

Not your business.

You are an absolute #ing monster if you think it's okay to suction out piece by piece a 7-9 month developed baby from the womb. But hey, you go girl!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join