It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Perfectly Explains the Hypocrisy of the "Pro-Life" Argument

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Uhhh hey, actually I'm very unhappy with the fact that Obama used my tax dollars for those things you mentioned.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have a new idea:
Don't get pregnant.
Be responsible.

It seriously isn't that difficult to avoid pregnancy. It requires self control in situations, but you can still have sex.
1. Have the female use birth control consistently as it should be used.
2. If she misses a dose, use a condom or don't have sex.
3. If she is not using birth control, use a condom and be sure to pull out during climax as an extra preventative measure.

Seriously. Before I became a Christian and soon after committed myself to abstinence before marriage, I had a ton of sex throughout high school and college. When a girlfriend was on birth control, I didn't even use a condom or pull out, and there was never an issue. If they missed a dose, you skip sex or use a condom.
Am I sterile or is everyone else just totally irresponsible and not using protection at all/like it's supposed to be used?!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
You want your choice? How about CHOOSE to take some personal responsibility and skip the unwanted pregnancy all together.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Look, it's a "glob of cells"

I say we continue allowing abortion to be legal, on the stipulation that every expecting mother has to get an ultrasound so that she can see exactly what they are choosing.

People choose to get knocked up. They choose not to use protection, which can be obtained for free, or the pill, which can be obtained for free.

Instead of doing that, they get pregnant and expect the taxpayer to pay for their murder.

What is the purpose of forcing a woman to view the ultrasound? To guilt her into choosing otherwise? And what kind of mother do you expect such a person to be? One that was guilt/shamed into being one...

You do realized that not everyone who gets pregnant is irresponsible rite? contraceptives are not 100%......and people who don't care about getting pregnant,....what kind of parents do you expect such people to be?

Given a choice, I much rather have the child not exist, then to live a life under such parents.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Achilles92x
I have a new idea:
Don't get pregnant.
Be responsible.

It seriously isn't that difficult to avoid pregnancy. It requires self control in situations, but you can still have sex.
1. Have the female use birth control consistently as it should be used.
2. If she misses a dose, use a condom or don't have sex.
3. If she is not using birth control, use a condom and be sure to pull out during climax as an extra preventative measure.

Seriously. Before I became a Christian and soon after committed myself to abstinence before marriage, I had a ton of sex throughout high school and college. When a girlfriend was on birth control, I didn't even use a condom or pull out, and there was never an issue. If they missed a dose, you skip sex or use a condom.
Am I sterile or is everyone else just totally irresponsible and not using protection at all/like it's supposed to be used?!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
You want your choice? How about CHOOSE to take some personal responsibility and skip the unwanted pregnancy all together.

'Accidents' do happen regardless of how careful one can be,....pretty much like driving.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

I definitely think about those questions a lot.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Second trimester for me. But to prevent all of this where did RU486 go to. If rape occurs or unprotected sex just take the morning after pill and all is done. If I am not mistaken the pro-life, as they are called, even had problems with that. A world of black and white leaves no shades of gray. Sad.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.

Shes right, its not 'cut and dried', all or nothing.

Being a nun she would of course see the plight of families in the real world and so raised the issue.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The nun is not condoning abortion, she is urging people to go beyond simply fighting abortion, and to help ease suffering. It is amazing that leftists will talk all day about how ideologies affect society, while ignoring what killing children does to the moral of our country. Even private murder affects society as a whole. When people protest against abortion, they are not doing it without a personal reason. Abortion affects people.
edit on 6-2-2017 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Adoption often times is the worst case scenario any child can be in. Look past your moral ego and see that sometimes the best option is the hardest one to come to terms with morally.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ladies: your mouth can't get pregnant.

Plus, I can think of at least one other bodily orifice in that category...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Allowing a man to insert his penis in a vagina is the number one cause of pregnancy in America today.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Which is worse drowning your child or having an abortion? Both are conscious deeds with the same end result.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tmeister182

Having an abortion is legal, while drowning your child usually leads to a lengthy prison sentence,.....so hmmmmmm, choices choices choices...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I seems that ATS is becoming a pulpit for every variety of leftist nonsense!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

FWIW, the 18 years later scenario has everything to do with inherent innocence. The flaw in the thought experiment is that an adult is who committed a crime that is punishable by death, usually by incurring the death of another person.

A baby? Just inconvenient really
edit on 262017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: interupt42

FWIW, the 18 years later scenario has everything to do with inherent innocence. The flaw in the thought experiment is that an adult is who committed a crime that is punishable by death, usually by incurring the death of another person.

A baby? Just inconvenient really

But its not that simple or cut and dry.

Even if you ignore the argument of when that life becomes alive,statistic demonstrate that children raised by the system tend to not fair too well and lead a path to crime and violence.

So unless the Religious pro lifers step up to the plate and say they will take care and love everyone one of these children that would have been aborted they are setting them up for failure and taking the easy way out.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just here to show support for those defending unborn life. God ain't making me do it, *reason* is.

Grambler, IgnoranceIsBliss, etc... I know it can be disheartening to encounter the attitudes of Annee and those like her, especially given how popular those posts and perspectives are, but know that not everyone is on their side. I too shake my head at the extremes to which abortion advocates will go to, and this culture of 'abortion positivity' is something I'm becoming more vocal about. "Repugnant" and "Disgusting" are fair ways of labelling these "anything goes" arguments. "That's just like your opinion man" be damned. I've often faced ridicule for holding 'extreme' views on the topic, but I'm not about to take seriously the admonishments of those who say we should 'mind our own business' when it comes to 9 month old unborn. I agree that there are 'shades of grey' involved in the abortion debate, but infanticide is black and white. Euphemisms and language games / mental gymnastics will only get these folk so far, and their extremism is drawing out people like us who understand there are some lines we must not cross.

I'm in the process of writing a much more in-depth essay which tackles many of these talking points, and so won't get into *everything* in this post, but I just want to point out that this "If you think abortion should be restricted, best be prepared to solve every other social issue" line of thought is ridiculous. While I agree with the sentiment that "Pro-Life" ought mean more than "Pro-Birth", the logic that anti-abortionists should be required to raise unwanted children makes as much logical sense as saying a person who dictates "Thou shall not rape" is obligated to get the would-be rapist laid. It's like saying abolitionists shouldn't be taken seriously because ending slavery would disrupt the economy. Give me a break. Besides, plenty of pro-lifers *do* care for life at all its stages.

Also, if we're gonna go after the hypocrisies of "Pro-Life" as a label, let's no fail to point out the cognitive dissonance at play in those who say they're for "choice" but then believe the government has the right to coerce people into all sorts of conscience-violating behaviour.

That suggesting such positions are immoral or reprehensible is dismissed as "religious belief" is all too common, but remember, these folk have a vested interest in perceiving their ideological opponents as irrational / crazy. To acknowledge the humanity of the unborn would mean waking up to a reality of mass murder, and who wants that? So much easier to de-humanize the 'clumps of cells'.

"If you don't like abortion don't have one" is weak as hell. Again with the slavery metaphor, "If you disagree with slavery, don't own slaves" type logic. This only works if you view people as pieces of property, and any pro-choicer thinking this amounts to a solid rebuttal is showing their ignorance. I realize pro-choicers aren't inclined to accept the personhood of the unborn, but using "just don't have one" as a comeback misses the mark entirely.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeowWix

originally posted by: Xenogears
Expect technology to eventually solve the death rate issue, though how long that'll take is up for debate, once death rate collapses birth rate must eventually by obligation collapse due to the laws of physics.

Come again?

Physicists have said iirc, we may only have access to the local group of galaxies, may be so unless new physics is discovered

The problem, according to Kurzgesagt, is that only the galaxies in the local group are gravitationally bound to us. Those galaxies elsewhere in the observable universe are just getting farther away as the universe expands, and the universe expands incredibly fast thanks to the mysterious nature of dark energy. So, if you tried to fly a very fast space ship to the next local group, you’d just never get there. You’d be lost forever in empty space.-source

Physical constraints demand that a population with finite resources cannot grow exponentially forever.

There's a reason this cannot go on forever on a petri dish.

The earth is finite, it cannot sustain indefinite growth, even if we could magically have mass migration to space, which would need to be forced if not enough are willing to compensate for population growth. Migration, which would be a temporary alternative, with miraculous tech, we would still eventually saturate the local group and the population growth across the galaxies would result in an eventual need for either galactic war to kill each other for places to place the babies or once again an indefinite regulation of reproduction.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I support vaccinations.

Next.

Yeah, and it seems that you also support how progressives like the Gates have been found by several human right groups to have advocated, promoted and used funding from tax-payers to force abortions, force sterilizations on people in third world countries...

You also seem to be against parents making informed decisions on what vaccines to use.

Next...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

You don't seem concerned at all that your views are pretty much the same ones the NAZIS, and progressive eugenicists have...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join