It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Perfectly Explains the Hypocrisy of the "Pro-Life" Argument

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're not making any sense.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You tell me. You're the expert, whom has thought all this all the way thru, right?

I'm not asking about what brought the female into the room at 8.5 months, we're past that now. You won that one. But now the baby has to be 'euthanized', so I want your opinion on the best way to extinguish its life once removed from the womb. This is all about the most I've probably ever thought about the subject so I'm quite curious now.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What euphuism? "Potential"? That's the euphuism that the Supreme Court of the United States used in its Roe V Wade ruling.

A cancer cell is "human life" I'm sorry, but no matter how you look at it, a fertilized egg is not a person.

It's only ever described as potential human life when the discussion evolves around taking that potential away. Like I said, it is my opinion that you are in your rights to remove that "potential", but in reality you are ending something that is in its very first stages of life. Every living human had their start there in those very same conditions—that is until you step in for fate.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The fact that right wingers are labeled "pro-life" is a complete false narrative.

Right wingers are more "pro-birth" more than anything else. If they were pro-life, they'd support things like universal health care, not having a death penalty, protecting the environment, and not having wars.

In reality, right wingers are pro-birth.......and if you think about it, being pro-birth doesn't amount to much in the greater scheme of things when right wingers do their best to create conflicts and creating barriers from a healthy America.

This is just one of many other right wing delusions that conclude to a false narrative......otherwise known as a right wing fantasy or alternative facts. Whichever you prefer.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Abortion isn't the same thing as euthanasia. Euthanizing newborns is illegal.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So? Every month that a woman isn't inseminated is a lost opportunity for potential life.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The fact that right wingers are labeled "pro-life" is a complete false narrative.

Right wingers are more "pro-birth" more than anything else. If they were pro-life, they'd support things like universal health care, not having a death penalty, protecting the environment, and not having wars.

In reality, right wingers are pro-birth.......and if you think about it, being pro-birth doesn't amount to much in the greater scheme of things when right wingers do their best to create conflicts and creating barriers from a healthy America.

This is just one of many other right wing delusions that conclude to a false narrative......otherwise known as a right wing fantasy or alternative facts. Whichever you prefer.

The term is used around the debate of abortion, not war and universal healthcare. With that same logic, left-wingers are not pro choice because they are against the right to choose if one wants to pay health insurance or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Okay so I went to the Google and [how do they kill the fetus]
www.abortionfacts.com...

Wow that list of techniques doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Let's try youtube:
www.youtube.com...

Yeah, now watch that, and tell me a person wouldn't have to be some kind of sadistic psycho spectrum person to set themselves up to do that for a living. I dont think any rational person should ever make a big thing out of advocating all this without watching that video and reading that list.
edit on 4-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've brought that up several times. If "God" thought eggs were sacred, he wouldn't have made women so that 99% of them will be destroyed.

The state takes over right? She has no say

That's strange, because conservatives that have kids claim that the government has no right to make sure they get them educated, vaccinated, medical care, etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So? Every month that a woman isn't inseminated is a lost opportunity for potential life.

That makes no sense, but illustrates well the reaching of your arguments and tendency for straw men.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think we should adopt the, kill it before it multiplies philosophy.

Think about it, all abortions for everyone, all the time, we are just going to have a long life of suffering and grief, we may end up poor, or sick, or stupid or hungry, drunkards and drug abusers, murders and sex offenders, war mongers and pedophiles,yada yada, and eventually we are going to die anyway, so why not just kill them all, and eliminate the suffering of mankind.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We could call it the, Better off Dead Movement.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Now we're talking.

For good measure perhaps we should teach them a lesson and be sure and do it by 'inserting a pliers-like instrument through the cervix into the uterus. ...then seize a leg, arm or other part of the baby and, with a twisting motion, tear them from the bodies. ...continue until only the head remains' ?
www.abortionfacts.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: JD163

It's called pulling out.

Or better yet, no sex during ovulation. And dont tell me there's no way of telling if when its ovulation time.
www.whattoexpect.com...

Sorry, your little website link needs to be expanded upon.

If you're like 20 percent of women, your body will send you a memo when it's ovulating

Twenty percent may get warning signals, let me elaborate, that is 20% who may get warning signs, most probably from time to time, not necessarily consistently month after month, I know this because I am one of them.

Buy an ovulation predictor kit

Yes, we all have the spare fund for yet another piece of female paraphernalia, which incidently also isn't fool proof (baby no2 proved that).

Ovulation usually occurs halfway through your menstrual cycle — the average cycle lasts 28 days, counting from the first day of one period (day one) to the first day of the next period. But as with everything pregnancy-related, there's a wide range of normal here (anywhere from 23 to 35 days), and your own cycle may vary slightly from month to month.

Yep, this is my favourite....again personal experience, I have more luck predicting the birth of my children than my menstrual cycle, this is indeed more that just a fact, it is damn right inconvenient bordering upon the ridiculous.

In fact it is more normal not to have a 28 day cycle that to have one, moreover it is also more normal for cycles to have a degree of irregularity.

Check the calendar

Yeah, see above, for why that doesn't work.

Chart your temperature

Again, not a reliable indicator, hate to use personal experience again, but I only get a significant temperature change a few days before my period starts.

Get to know your cervix: Ovulation isn't an entirely hidden process. As your body senses the hormone shifts that indicate an egg is about to be released from the ovary, it begins to ready itself for the incoming hordes of sperm and give the egg its best chance of getting fertilized. One detectable sign of oncoming ovulation is the position of the cervix itself. During the beginning of a cycle, your cervix — that neck-like passage between your vagina and uterus that has to stretch during birth to accommodate your baby's head — is low, hard, and closed. But as ovulation approaches, it pulls back up, softens a bit, and opens just a little, to let the sperm through on their way to their target. Some women can easily feel these changes, while others have a tougher time. Check your cervix daily, using one or two fingers, and keep a chart of your observations. The other cervical sign you can watch for is the appearance, increase in quantity, and change in consistency of cervical mucus (the stuff that gets your underwear all sticky). Its more noble purpose is to carry the sperm to the ovum deep inside you.

You've got to be joking right?!

I can promise you, there is no way I could reliably predict ovulation through this method, firstly, actually, just no.

Yes there are secretions, yet again, not necessarily an accurate predictor of ovulation (your body could be just having a clear out discharge is also possible).

I will agree that the cervix must under go some stretching, because there are some months, where I can get so much pain (really bad pain) that I cannot walk, I almost fainted once with the intensity, but again not a reliable indicator month to month, as it doesn't always happen, oh plus there is a little thing called cervical erosion.

When you go for a smear test, the doctor or nurse collects some of the cells from the neck of the womb onto the stick. When these cells are examined, if they are womb cells instead of cervical cells, this is called an erosion.

For more info

As for pulling out, that relies on the man being restrained enough...I can tell you from experience, there is a hell of a lot of men who don't have the restraint to pull out, there are those that do, I'll grant you, but you just don't know which one you're going to get until you try it.

I make no apologies for the content above, but as a woman I can tell you don't believe all that you read.

Equally, I am not saying there isn't women out there for who the advice contained within the article would be text book them.

However, it isn't an exact science, anyone who tells you differently refer them to my post.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Hard to disagree with her.

People talk about "murdering an unborn baby, it's a sin!," yet have no quarrel with their tax dollars being used to fund drone programs that murder innocent men, woman, and children in five+ sovereign nations.

The victim shaming that comes with those who have been raped and need an abortion is absolutely staggering.

Also, I really don't think men (and I'm a dude, too) should really have any say in the matter.

We don't carry around fetuses for nearly a year. We have no #ing idea what that is like. We have no #ing idea what it would be like to be raped and become pregnant.

But, in the land of authoritarian wannabes...

Men have every right to say in the matter. It's the actions of both males and females together which make babies.

You can also be non intervenalist and anti abortion.

Oh yeah. Because a man that raped a woman that became pregnant due to the rape should have a say, LOL.

What happens in a situation where the woman did not give consent?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Now we're talking.

For good measure perhaps we should teach them a lesson and be sure and do it by 'inserting a pliers-like instrument through the cervix into the uterus. ...then seize a leg, arm or other part of the baby and, with a twisting motion, tear them from the bodies. ...continue until only the head remains' ?
www.abortionfacts.com...

Right on.

Oh Oh and then they can send them to Podesta.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JD163
a reply to: Bluntone22

Of course, no sex, no pregnancy.....but you know how it goes,....people do have sex, and having sex is not the same as agreeing to carrying a fetus to term.

Someone should let all the women know who ended up pregnant due to rape that maybe should not be having sex.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The term is used around the debate of abortion, not war and universal healthcare. With that same logic, left-wingers are not pro choice because they are against the right to choose if one wants to pay health insurance or not.

Health insurance = abortion when it comes to rape

We truly have entered The Twilight Zone. Anything to score those partisan brownie points!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You're the one "straw manning" potential life.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Health insurance = abortion when it comes to rape

We truly have entered The Twilight Zone. Anything to score those partisan brownie points!

You're equating health insurance to abortion when it comes to rape? Your math is off.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join