It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German newspaper cover of Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

We are a Representative Democracy that rules as a Constitutional Republic.

FWIW, Americans are dumb. On purpose. Its not a lack of intellect. Its a lack of training in critical thinking and problem solving. It could get worse, as we all struggle to move from an industrial era educational model into a post industrial/technological era model. The former has yet to even be completely modeled. There's a lot of catching up to do in the US, for sure.

Which is one of the reasons why im hopeful for Trump. He doesn't appear to be CFR certified. And the CFR is who ushered in the era of CIA run executive government. He can still screw it up royally. But we have a fighting chance at least.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: everyone

When will that appear on their "news"paper's cover ?

Cute little fella... hope he brings that knife to a gun fight one day...lol

For now he and his lovely "refugee" family are just bringing us their wonderful diversity.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Synchronicity11

You live in a country whose national government does not possess a separation between its legislative branch and executive branch, and which directly controls provision of most law enforcement and government services down to the local level. You are the last one to be lecturing American's about separation of powers between different branches of government since Germany lacks any meaningful separation of powers and responsibility between its different branches and levels of government. Pretty sure you don't actually know what separation of power actually means.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What has continued to astonish me over here in Europe is the number of people that cannot comprehend that millions of Americans said I would rather take a chance on an unknown than vote in the same trash that has lead to the current stagnant economy.

The world has been playing the same game for 20 years and we seem to be racing to a much more war like state, some people would rather gamble on a narcissist that seems to be on the outside of the power club that got us to this point, than elect the chosen successor after rigging the democratic party primary.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

A star for you my friend, i think a lot of people have the same feeling, even outside America, like myself. The world in it's current state is on a downward spiral, a guy like Trump can actually do something about this. I was skeptical at first but his actions seem to counter the elites plan's right away so i al hopefull for a better future for everyone, change has to start somewhere !

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If I offended I apologize, As I said it wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you, and saying all Americans seem dumb was a stupid cast away comment on my part which blatantly isn't true, I have just seen this were not a democracy were a republic comment to many times and finally decided to say something, America is democratic although the governmental structure is somewhat different to most countries.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceDreamer
America is democratic although the governmental structure is somewhat different to most countries.

Peace

The uniqueness of our democracy is that we are 50 United States formed into a federal republic. Because of this we have a rather different view of how our democracy operates compared to others. That difference can be rather large, so we commonly, maybe wrongly, refer to our system as a Republic when we look for a title of what we have in place to basically describe a system where the majority does not rule . When the EU becomes the United State of Europe we could then say there are more similarities.

edit on 6-2-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Convincedotherwise

Do not get me wrong, I voted third party and I am extremely skeptical of Trump... mostly cause I am a mid '40s jaded voter...

But I wish him all the best in actually following through on his campaign promises... congress will fight him every step of the way because actually following through would force them to actually work.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join