It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German newspaper cover of Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Synchronicity11

BY SHOWING A PICTURE OF DONALD TRUMP CUTTING THE HEAD OFF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AND THEN RELATING THIS TO THE UNITED STATES EXECUTIVE ORDER SYSTEM. Synchronicity11 IF YOU PUT UP SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND GET UPSET AT A BACKLASH YOU...MY FRIEND...ARE THE ANTAGONIST DONT COMPLAIN IF SOME RESPONSES ARE AGGRESSIVE. ITS COMING ACROSS AS INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump is the greatest recruiter for the left.

Haha! You may be right about that. Any post-Trump administration is gonna swing far to the left, and I believe that will include the Congress and the Senate in 2 years time.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump is the greatest recruiter for the left.

Haha! You may be right about that. Any post-Trump administration is gonna swing far to the left, and I believe that will include the Congress and the Senate in 2 years time.

Wow, really? You do know that in 2018 the Dems have 25 Senate seats up for re-election, Republicans only 8. And many of the Dem seats are in Red states, like West Virginia, which Trump won by 40 points! It would be a minor miracle if the Dems didn't lose even more seats in 2 years time.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Wow, really? You do know that in 2018 the Dems have 25 Senate seats up for re-election, Republicans only 8. And many of the Dem seats are in Red states, like West Virginia, which Trump won by 40 points! It would be a minor miracle if the Dems didn't lose even more seats in 2 years time.

They are not even aware of how bad the midterms will be for the Dems lol. Sad!
Very low information voters.
edit on 4-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: heyguysimashill

You are so correct.

Especially after having an actual traitor like obama as president for 8 years (also screw the second term of Dubya).

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

A great deal can happen in two years, my friend, and the majority of Americans despise Donald Trump right now.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

A great deal can happen in two years, my friend, and the majority of Americans despise Donald Trump right now.

Even if it were true that the majority of Americans despise Trump, which I highly doubt, most of those people don't vote. Republicans have been dominating midterm election cycles, young liberals don't get out and vote in those elections. As long as Trump doesn't implode, Republicans are in position to pick up even more seats. But as you say, a lot can happen in two years, and I can't predict the future.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would be extremely surprised if the Republicans picked up seats in the midterm, face it y'all Donald Trump is disliked and despised by a large part of the American public, more so now, than on election day. Unless you can get your Supreme Leader under control, he will continue the chaos he has created to this point.

That being said, the name calling needs to stop, straight up needs to stop. I am a left leaning centerist, and have been broad brushed as a lilbtard, a leftist, a communist, etc. This crap needs to stop, the survival of our country depends on it. I am a veteran, work for a living, vote, and the toll I take on the Government is my VA medical care, which I F'n earned. When those on the right assume that all vets are on there side, it pisses me off.

I spent 3 hours over dinner with a combat wounded vet last night, he and I had more in common than you would believe. He is out now, but has no respect for Trump.
edit on 2/4/2017 by BubbaJoe because: brain faster than fingers

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: underduck
I get where you're coming from but the OP is specifically about executive orders and how the German government doesn't allow that because they think it's not democratic.

Ah ... my mistake. OP seems to be missing the point (at least in part). The cover image is a blatant response to Trump and the message on the statue, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

That quote used to be good, but that was back when people came here to work hard and raise themselves up. Now we have a welfare state that is $20 Trillion in debt, we can't take all of the world's poor because we are dead broke and we can't afford them. If people who came here wouldn't take government benefits (meaning they won't use the government to steal from the American taxpayer) I think a lot more people would be accepting of the "huddled masses" coming here. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in.

I respectfully disagree. The quote and the idea behind are still extremely valid. The fact that we are in debt is not a justifiable reason to turn away those in need. Don't get lost in the idea that all these people are coming here to leach off hard working Americans. It simply isnt true. If your goal is to address the fiscal state of this country there are far better places to start. Blanket claiming that refugees or the people with jobs, families and hopes are just here to steal from us is not what this country is about.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
And here's Germany's new flag:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Synchronicity11
Hi,

greetings from germany.

So in germany this cover reflects the oppinion of the populace.

So now a newspaper reflects the opinion of a populous ? Or is it newspapers attempting to manipulate and coax the populace in order to push their empresses angela merkels agenda.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Meanwhile in some german Refugee" home:

When will that appear on their "news"paper's cover ?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Synchronicity11

So for us what trump does is not democratic. Do you understand why one of our biggest newspapers chose this cover? If not. Why?

p5.focus.de...

Well first we are not a democracy like Germany, we are a republic. Second, what Trump is doing is well within his legal limits as all Presidents before him have used 100s of times throughout each of their 4 years.

It is comments like this that make Americans seem dumb, America IS a democracy, the term republic just means you do not have a monarchy, you still hold elections to install your president, your senate and your congress

a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch

republic
NOUN

1A state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

democracy
NOUN

1[mass noun] A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives:

The USA is a republic, but that does not mean it is undemocratic, in fact quite the reverse is true.

Sorry if this seems like a personal attack on you, it isn't I just want to point out that being a republic does not stop you being a democracy, and does not change from you being a democracy, being a republic just means you have no monarchy to control your government.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Watch it until the end.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

When Trump starts interning anyone, or goes after certain demographics of citizens, than maybe the cartoon would be more appropriate.

Done and done:

Sec. 5. Detention Facilities. (a) The Secretary shall take all appropriate action and allocate all legally available resources to immediately construct, operate, control, or establish contracts to construct, operate, or control facilities to detain aliens at or near the land border with Mexico.

Our So Called President's Executive Order

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Let's see how many more coal mining jobs there are in two years.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Then they should hate Obama. He signed more than Trump did in his first 2 weeks. The two top EO signers of all time are also both Democrat.

So why is it these are only undemocratic when Trump does them?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

When will that appear on their "news"paper's cover ?

Cute little fella... hope he brings that knife to a gun fight one day...lol

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceDreamer

It is comments like this that make Americans seem dumb, America IS a democracy, the term republic just means you do not have a monarchy, you still hold elections to install your president, your senate and your congress.

Not sure I agree with you 100%. From trying not to be dumb... we typically see a republic different than a pure Democracy, though you are correct we are a form of Democracy... sorry to offend in not going into detail that set you off about how dumb we are.

The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws (and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote.

The key here is not the term Monarchy it is Majority....

Republic. That form of government in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whome those powers are specially delegated. [NOTE: The word "people" may be either plural or singular. In a republic the group only has advisory powers; the sovereign individual is free to reject the majority group-think. USA/exception: if 100% of a jury convicts, then the individual loses sovereignty and is subject to group-think as in a democracy.]

Democracy. That form of government in which the sovereign power resides in and is exercised by the whole body of free citizens directly or indirectly through a system of representation, as distinguished from a monarchy, aristocracy, or oligarchy. [NOTE: In a pure democracy, 51% beats 49%. In other words, the minority has no rights. The minority only has those privileges granted by the dictatorship of the majority.

The USA is a republic, but that does not mean it is undemocratic, in fact quite the reverse is true.

There is a rather big difference in whether the majority picks without the minority having a say compared to the minority actually able to affect elections...

Sorry if this seems like a personal attack on you, it isn't I just want to point out that being a republic does not stop you being a democracy, and does not change from you being a democracy, being a republic just means you have no monarchy to control your government.

Peace

No problem, my point was quickly worded in not explaining better the differences and your response was simple in form...

edit on 5-2-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join