It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German newspaper cover of Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Except for the fact that Trump criticized the EC in the past.

Trump also said that he works within the system we have in place whether he likes it or not. This is why he did not go to CA or NY a single time, did not waste a single dollar in those places because he knew no matter what he did there he would not win the electoral votes. He also knew that every person in those states could all vote for Hillary and it would still equal 84 votes, whether she won by 10 votes or 10 million.

I heard a commentator claim today that Trump is using chaos theory, create so many issues at one time, that enough people cannot focus on them, and then he could do what he wanted to do. To me, as a vet, this is not a good way to run a country.

I think he likes to get things done, but I do believe that with the huge pressure the left has put on him since about 20 seconds after he hit 270 votes he has greatly increased his pace then it would have been if all this was a calmer transition...Hell the left complained that he let all his voters down because he started his "first day" on Monday and not Saturday...lol

Trump will not last 4 years, I do not believe, and it will not be from outside forces, there are many in this country that believe his mental health is in danger.

Explain to me how a person who never had a single political position in the past will act as President? You can't, well no one else can either since like 200 years ago. That is the deal here, he will not act like a professional politician and so people will be like WTH because the other type is all they ever known, and this is strange. In the end the people voted and they DIDN'T vote for the NWO professional politician.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I respectfully disagree with your conclusion regarding this post.

It is about the cover of Der Speigel.

The cover is about what? Trump holding the bloodied head of the Statue of Liberty, a symbol of American Freedom.

The cover was published AFTER Trump's Executive Order to ban Muslims from seven countries.

The cover is a direct reference to this act, and a powerful statement it is.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have not looked into how things work in Germany in enough detail to know for sure, but I suspect it works similarly and someone(s) in the government executes some level of editorial control over key media assets. If so, i'd expect Der Spiegal is one such asset.

And even if not, its surely owned by people who have benefitted from EU policies.

Cobaltic is very correct in his assessment on populism in Europe. Like the US, "the people" are getting poorer while the top 5% get richer. And then to top it all off, this European population that choked down the bitter pill of austerity is now having even poorer immigrants bussed in from Syria. So now you poor people in Europe will be solidly "middle class". How does that feel? In just a couple more years you will have rebuilt your middle class using a bottom down approach.

I have seen what appears to be a case of Germany attempting to quell this populist/nationalist storm that is brewing in their heartland by going all in on denouncing Trump (and doubling down on importing more poor Syrians to support).

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So cozying up to Putin and pissing off our friends is OK in your book. I agree that he is not a politician, I will also say that he knows nothing of tact and diplomacy. His cabinet picks are a disaster. I didn't vote for him, but hope he is successful, America will be successful, but ain't holding my breath. Until Bannon is gone, I will continue to fight this regime tooth and nail. Bannon is a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

Germans really strongly believe in the concept of the Separation of powers because of our past . We have many, many Systems in place to stop a leader from doing anything without approval of The Bundestag (congress). In fact something like trump does right now would be impossible in germany (executive orders).

You're saying this is not about the process? Are you intentionally omitting the talk about executive orders being impossible in Germany because of the lack of approval?

I give up here. Ya'll are missing the point entirely.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

My solace on Bannon is that he's not a secretary of a departmental function like defense or state.

its surreal that he could even have access to the Oval Office. But to have a role inside it....boggles the mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Synchronicity11

a reply to: Synchronicity11

Who cares what some liberal globalist rag has to say about Trump? American liberal papers have been printing the same garbage since he announced his run, pretty irrelevant really.

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Well to be honest in germany we dont understand the "offensive" undertone you seem to implie when you say "liberal".

For us a "liberal" is someone who supports the "invisible hand of a free market".
Our politics in germany is called: neo liberalism. That means: regulation only in a few sectors (state controled: health care and social security systems).
A liberal is someone who respects free speech, free press and the freedom of choice as long as no one is harmed.

What you just described has very little to do with American liberals. For one thing, they don't believe in the free market. They don't believe in limited regulation, they want a regulation nation, where everything is controlled by the government. They don't respect free speech, they actively protest, riot and get places closed down when people they don't like are scheduled to give speeches. You don't understand the negative tone because you don't understand the American liberal.

And some super power has allowed you to understand the American Liberal?

It doesn't take any super power to see what's going on. What in my statement was wrong? Liberals don't believe in the free market, they trash it every chance they get, it's what Bernie Sanders' entire campaign was based on. How can you defend liberals on free speech? Did you not just see what happened with Milo? Liberals wouldn't even let Condy Rice give a graduation speech! A successful African-American woman boycotted, just because she is a Republican. It happens all the time, especially on campus, America's liberal indoctrination center. Liberals aren't classical liberals, big difference.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Good.

I am happy opposition to Trump is world wide.

As well as it is in America.

LOL - understood..........I was elated with the (current and growing) world-wide opposition to Hillary/DNC/liberal progressivism during 2016 and in particular on November 9th 2016 all the way through to this post.

I'm praying he remains safe and unharmed so he can continue to change all the sh!t that send libtards into full-retard mode.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Synchronicity11

Who cares what some liberal globalist rag has to say about Trump? American liberal papers have been printing the same garbage since he announced his run, pretty irrelevant really.

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Well to be honest in germany we dont understand the "offensive" undertone you seem to implie when you say "liberal".

For us a "liberal" is someone who supports the "invisible hand of a free market".
Our politics in germany is called: neo liberalism. That means: regulation only in a few sectors (state controled: health care and social security systems).
A liberal is someone who respects free speech, free press and the freedom of choice as long as no one is harmed.

What you just described has very little to do with American liberals. For one thing, they don't believe in the free market. They don't believe in limited regulation, they want a regulation nation, where everything is controlled by the government. They don't respect free speech, they actively protest, riot and get places closed down when people they don't like are scheduled to give speeches. You don't understand the negative tone because you don't understand the American liberal.

And some super power has allowed you to understand the American Liberal?

It doesn't take any super power to see what's going on. What in my statement was wrong? Liberals don't believe in the free market, they trash it every chance they get, it's what Bernie Sanders' entire campaign was based on. How can you defend liberals on free speech? Did you not just see what happened with Milo? Liberals wouldn't even let Condy Rice give a graduation speech! A successful African-American woman boycotted, just because she is a Republican. It happens all the time, especially on campus, America's liberal indoctrination center. Liberals aren't classical liberals, big difference.

What is wrong in your statement is that you, like many on your side, paint with a very broad brush. Much like if I would say that all conservatives are bigots.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: BubbaJoe

My solace on Bannon is that he's not a secretary of a departmental function like defense or state.

its surreal that he could even have access to the Oval Office. But to have a role inside it....boggles the mind.

That my friend it does, I know we don't always see eye to eye, but it is nice to know that we can agree on this.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

There used to be MANY American women that were trustworthy at all or worth a damn.

And then the 80's ended.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Honestly,as a Trump supporter,the magazine cover doesn't bother me at all.

I grew up with Cannibal Corpse album covers.

Could think of plenty of other heads the magazine SHOULD have used,though.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is where the right wing shows exactly how tone deaf it is as to the implications of their right wing agenda.

Every reasonable person around the world sees this mess for what it is. An attempt to push a dictatorial racist junta to overtake American democracy.

You dismiss this as a liberal rag. But the reality is that you support a fascist government because you've been too brainwashed to know otherwise. We all see it, except for the right wingers living in your right wing bubble.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The German government has allowed Germany to be taken over by islam.

They have willingly let the enemy occupy and coordinate on their soil.

Their opinions have pretty much become moot,since American drones will be striking German targets within the next year or two to hit isis targets that have been encouraged to fester.

American drones are going to be VERY busy in Europe.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Do you understand why one of our biggest newspapers chose this cover? If not. Why?

I personally believe that a country's government that has changed 3 times in the last 100 years (Germany) should stop telling another country that has a functional government unabashed for almost 250 years how to run said government. Executive orders aside they have been around since the beginning of this democratic government so they must not be exclusively bad. Perhaps your HIGHLY centralized liberal media spun it in a bad way? Lived in germany for a while and the hive mind is strong their my friend

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
We all see it, except for the right wingers living in your right wing bubble.

You realize your side is losing power all over the West, not just with Trump in the USA. You might think that everyone is on your side, but they aren't, it's just the propaganda the global elites have been feeding you.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Foolish thinking.

The "left" across the globe will just trot out what Trump has done in the US and say "if you vote right, this is what you'll get."

Remember, Europe is a many times more liberal than the US so they'll want nothing to do with this heap of burning dung.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump is the greatest recruiter for the left.

You realize your side is losing power all over the West, not just with Trump in the USA. You might think that everyone is on your side, but they aren't, it's just the propaganda the global elites have been feeding you.

edit on 4-2-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Foolish thinking.

The "left" across the globe will just trot out what Trump has done in the US and say "if you vote right, this is what you'll get."

Remember, Europe is a many times more liberal than the US so they'll want nothing to do with this heap of burning dung.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump is the greatest recruiter for the left.

Wilders in Holland, Lepen in France, the demise of Merkel, Brexit....
You're not payiing attention, pay attention.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The next election cycle will prove my point. Hear me now, understand me later right wingers.

originally posted by: D8Tee

Foolish thinking.

Wilders in Holland, Lepen in France, the demise of Merkel, Brexit....
You're not payiing attention, pay attention.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What gave you any indication that Trump supporters would care what the rest of the world thinks of him?

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join